Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone who recently got a Model S want to confirm the first 3 of the last 6 digits of their VIN for compairsons sake?

Seems like @Kyle [CK] got one out of the temp lot, but the rest of you, its hard to tell.
433 LR, build June, delivered 6/29, pretty sure the 450 cars in the temp lot would be pre that as they were still there when I got my car, hope that helps your investigation @Tigers ….

I was going to type this up, but held off because of the "well I have seen white interiors so there is no way they are delayed" responses.

Think I have only seen a handful (as in two or three) of white interiors have any sort of date range estimate besides a month in 2022. And it is crazy that 2020 orders are not the ones getting them.

Yes Tesla is prioritizing the price-increased +$10k orders of the same config. Disappointing.

Ok guys - Good or bad idea time

I take delivery TOMORROW of my Blue/Black Ebony 21 Plaid. I shamefully paid the Tesla $10K tax, and my man parts have shrunk. So -

I have a battery day reservation for a Blue/White CF 21 plaid, that’s $140K out the door including tax. Would it make any sense to take delivery of the car and scalp it for $150-155K, and hence recovering my Tesla tax? It has a EDD of Sept 11 - Sept 30, and I live in Silicon Valley which is a strong Tesla market.

Deep thoughts. Doesn’t seem like much risk, and I recover my Tesla tax, enabling me to recover my man parts.

I take delivery TOMORROW of my Blue/Black Ebony 21 Plaid. I shamefully paid the Tesla $10K tax, and my man parts have shrunk. So -

I have a battery day reservation for a Blue/White CF 21 plaid, that’s $140K out the door including tax. Would it make any sense to take delivery of the car and scalp it for $150-155K, and hence recovering my Tesla tax? It has a EDD of Sept 11 - Sept 30, and I live in Silicom Valley which is a strong Tesla market.

Deep thoughts. Doesn’t seem like much risk, and I recover my Tesla tax, enabling me to recover my man parts.
CA has a high sales tax too right you have to recover? I'm not sure an immediate turnaround on Plaids will be as possible now as they get delivered fast typically at this point still.

433 LR, build June, delivered 6/29, pretty sure the 450 cars in the temp lot would be pre that as they were still there when I got my car, hope that helps your investigation @Tigers ….
OH, PS @Tigers I have a Plaid Monroney sticker that is 431567 (not my car, so YOLO right?) and a build month of 05/2021. Happy to share with you if you'd like.

Good morning, all. Per my Seattle area EDD model, my EDD range continues to narrow (see siggy). Expecting the VIN tomorrow or Friday, at the latest.

I have a battery day reservation for a Blue/White CF 21 plaid, that’s $140K out the door including tax. Would it make any sense to take delivery of the car and scalp it for $150-155K, and hence recovering my Tesla tax? It has a EDD of Sept 11 - Sept 30, and I live in Silicon Valley which is a strong Tesla market.

Doubt it’ll pull 150+

You’d be taking a risk.

i did the same thing and got pretty much the same result.
Both you and Jeff (assume that the user name) ordered white and carbon fiber. Both which have had notorious holds. Carbon fiber seems to be getting better, but not white. So it is not correlation. See @MarcG post about ordering the same configuration a year apart (pre refresh 09/2020 and post $10,000 upgrade 08/2021) and they have the same estimated delivery window. Meaning the $10,000 is squat and it is more about part availability.

Both you and Jeff (assume that the user name) ordered white and carbon fiber. Both which have had notorious holds. Carbon fiber seems to be getting better, but not white. So it is not correlation. See @MarcG post about ordering the same configuration a year apart (pre refresh 09/2020 and post $10,000 upgrade 08/2021) and they have the same estimated delivery window. Meaning the $10,000 is squat and it is more about part availability.
yes, that is what i'm saying, order a car without any parts delayed then you get your car pretty quick. it isn't about the 10k.

There is at least one white/CF/21 recent order in this thread being delivered. In an ideal world those parts would go to fulfill a 2020 order first if you think it's a supply chain issue.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You changed the interior color, which is the biggest issue now. So this isn't valid, at all
I was saying i got the same result as him, not that i'm not getting anywhere. i placed a new order sans the delayed parts and immediately got a delivery estimate. tesla is delivering cars, just not those who ordered parts that are delayted.