Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right, and the government knows best! ha, ha, ha.... or I should say, "wooo, wooo, woo"! :D
Makes sense though. I've personally almost gotten hit by a Tesla before, so I think this is good rule. You'd be amazed at how silent these vehicles are below 10 mph, when there is little tire noise. I've heard that soon, it's going to become regulation to have cars play the same noise when they are traveling forward under 10 or 15 mph.

Makes sense though. I've personally almost gotten hit by a Tesla before, so I think this is good rule. You'd be amazed at how silent these vehicles are below 10 mph, when there is little tire noise. I've heard that soon, it's going to become regulation to have cars play the same noise when they are traveling forward under 10 or 15 mph.
So, like a garbage truck, it only woots in reverse?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Bet you still gave them a thumbs up
giphy.gif

I am not sure the wall one is really any faster in your case. I would still choose the wall mount for OCD cleanliness and the hassle of putting the other one in my car every morning.
It's my understanding that a NEMA 14-50 plug is limited to 40amps. The wall connector can charge at 48amps. How this info relates to @Lawdogg149's question--I have no idea. I don't yet own a Tesla and have never owned an EV.

Update from this morning:

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 13-30

Which one will get a VIN first? Place your bets! :p
I'm shocked you didn't get a VIN already on the 8/8 order. They want your $10K bad. LOL. Since most are disgusted by the $10K Doesn't-FSD RnD tax, they need to earn it with the price hike.

Hi all - I'm new to the site (first replied to someone yesterday... sorry for double reply!)

Few things:

1) As an EDD reference, my order from 24-Apr updated yesterday to 14-Oct - 01-Nov (MS LR, White / Black / 19" / FSD). (I've added to the xls sheet)

2) I disagree with those that suggest they're prioritizing the tesla tax mostly based on margins. Yes, I've seen that the 21" are being delivered faster, but like the other configs, this seems more a function of raw material / semi-FP availability / line optimization than only caring about margin. And sure, if order dates are relatively similar, prioritize higher margin cars with the 21"... that makes sense - but if margin was their highest priority, then my white paint would also be deprioritized (and I don't see any evidence of this). Moreover, if Tesla really only cared about margins, then they would have DE-prioritized the 3/Y over the S/X rather than the other way around... right? Yet Tesla probably surmises (correctly), that those who place orders for the 3/Y are more fickle / sensitive to delays... and more importantly, it was production / supply challenges for the S/X... so its probably those same production / supply challenges affecting EDDs rather than tesla tax. Especially those suggesting the 10k tesla tax are getting folks much different delivery dates for the same configuration... I have yet to see any pattern of evidence to support this.... and I've been digging hard into this for... well.. since I found this forum yesterday evening...

3) Speaking of spending too much time looking for trends.... I'd can already tell this site is going to seriously impact my productivity for my actual job... so thanks for that!

Cheers

Hi all - I'm new to the site (first replied to someone yesterday... sorry for double reply!)

Few things:

1) As an EDD reference, my order from 24-Apr updated yesterday to 14-Oct - 01-Nov (MS LR, White / Black / 19" / FSD). (I've added to the xls sheet)

2) I disagree with those that suggest they're prioritizing the tesla tax mostly based on margins. Yes, I've seen that the 21" are being delivered faster, but like the other configs, this seems more a function of raw material / semi-FP availability / line optimization than only caring about margin. And sure, if order dates are relatively similar, prioritize higher margin cars with the 21"... that makes sense - but if margin was their highest priority, then my white paint would also be deprioritized (and I don't see any evidence of this). Moreover, if Tesla really only cared about margins, then they would have DE-prioritized the 3/Y over the S/X rather than the other way around... right? Yet Tesla probably surmises (correctly), that those who place orders for the 3/Y are more fickle / sensitive to delays... and more importantly, it was production / supply challenges for the S/X... so its probably those same production / supply challenges affecting EDDs rather than tesla tax. Especially those suggesting the 10k tesla tax are getting folks much different delivery dates for the same configuration... I have yet to see any pattern of evidence to support this.... and I've been digging hard into this for... well.. since I found this forum yesterday evening...

3) Speaking of spending too much time looking for trends.... I'd can already tell this site is going to seriously impact my productivity for my actual job... so thanks for that!

Cheers
Welcome to the thread! Great to see so many new people joining! 😁

Just woke up to a VIN today with an email asking for bank transfer information of money to pay. Shortly after I put in bank information I received an email with pick up date of Friday August 13th. RN #114903### ordered May 5th. VN 5YJSA1E56MF438xxx
Configuration: Long range, White Exterior, Black interior, 21" wheels no autopilot, scottsdale Arizona
I was one of the many with changing dates everyday. Started July 29-August 6th. Day before I got VIN August 12- August 20th
When the up to date did not change for 3 days I got the VIN
In my case it stayed at August 20th for 3 days prior still changing the first date by one day more.
Hope this helps some people as it was frustrating sorting thru some of the posts for a very clear topic.

Side note.....The aftermarket spoilers available are not at all like the new Plaids. RPM bought a Plaid and will be making a copy though. I think deliveries will be quick now so don't waste money on buying someones resell. JMO
Best of luck to alll!
Taking delivery tomorrow of a Plaid with VIN 5YJSA1E66MF438xxx. So I think we are from a batch from a couple of weeks ago. Yay.

Finally got word that my car arrived in Dallas yesterday! Yay! Apparently it arrived with a cracked windshield! They won't release the car to me until they replace it. So now I have to wait another week+ to take delivery.

Beyond frustrating.
In Dallas as well. Got my VIN on Monday. How long did the process take after VIN? I still don't have MVPA and the EDD is 8/18-24. Thanks in advance.

It's my understanding that a NEMA 14-50 plug is limited to 40amps. The wall connector can charge at 48amps. How this info relates to @Lawdogg149's question--I have no idea. I don't yet own a Tesla and have never owned an EV.
Here is a good breakdown of different charge times at different amperage - Wall Connector

Note - the mobile adapter that comes free with the car is limited to 32 amps. See here for that part - https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...ocs/gen_2_umc/Gen2_Mobile_Connector_en_JP.pdf

Been lurking for past month since ordering my MSLR Red/Cream,Walnut/19" on 7/1 (what luck ordering prior to both 5k increases!!)- original EDD of October. Yesterday my EDD was updated to Nov 22nd to Dec 12th. I have been trying to test drive the MS so I can check out the yoke for myself - I'm currently driving a M3 LR RWD that I picked up in June 2018 and stupid excited to upgrade to the MS LR.

To echo some of the members, I went from an SA who was extremely responsive, typically replying within an hour to my texts and then has gone entirely dark the last 3-4 weeks. I decided to call up Tesla this morning and to my surprise, I was connected with a human in literally minutes, and get this he tells me I deserve better communication given the amount of money I am spending! Color me shocked! Went on to explain there are no current refreshed MS for test drive due to shortage but he would get in contact with my SA and note that in my account. He did confirm that I am soft matched for late Nov early Dec as listed in my account.

I did mention that I would be open to upgrading to plaid if the case came up at EOQ where they'd do it without the 10k increase. He replied that the price uptick is automatic, in which I said I would not pay. We'll see if they have one in the Chicago area for EOQ push. Not sure I really want to pay that much extra for plaid anyway, but I'm in a financial spot in life where it isn't a stretch so I'm considering.
With that attitude? Might get fired soon.

December 1142 order here (pre-10k price jump). I heard a rumor that if I agree to pay the extra 10k that I'll get my car sooner... My 1142 order EDD is Sep 17th-Sep 30th. Does anyone who paid the 10k have an EDD sooner or know if this rumor is true? Allegedly some SAs have reached out to customers and offered it up, saying things like, "You can get your car this week if you just pay 10k more"

I'm not an electrician (only play one on TV), but I believe the 50 amp plug connector still is limited by the capacity of the line you're plugging it into. So if it's a high capacity house line (from a higher capacity breaker at the house panel and with sufficient amp wiring to the plug) then yet you should get equal performance. But the 50 amp adapter doesn't help much if the current is limited at the house panel.
It’s against code to install a 50 amp receptacle if the wiring and breaker aren’t matched to it.