Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting in waiting room now as they look at something for me.

Showed the second mirror doing same thing. He offered to replace it again and again until it is fixed. However, we do not know the cause and risk just putting another bad one on. So he will talk with Tesla to see what they know.

So if your does do it, at least report it to service so it builds case history at Tesla.

My VIN is 432 with June build.

Yeah, I'm sure they're aware. With so many common problems, I'd pretty much bet there's no fix yet. I'd just compile a list for a few months time and then schedule service. Not worth wasting the time now when the car is so new and parts aren't there to fix these problems.

Put in Banking info when received a VIN and SA says day before delivery they will take it out of my account to pay for it.
Yeah, um, how about NO! Not until after you inspect the vehicle should you pay for it. I'm accepting delivery immediately after I receive my VIN and will sign papers, etc. but I'm either paying by check or a Bank Cashier's Check on the day of delivery. Period.

Last edited:
On the topic of rebadging (sorry if missed this in the several hundred posts since other day), are people planning on replacing PLAID wording with the Plaid graphic?
Or, alternatively, putting a high quality Plaid graphic under or over “Plaid”? Not “Posing,” per se, but rather doubling down on Plaid?

On the topic of rebadging (sorry if missed this in the several hundred posts since other day), are people planning on replacing PLAID wording with the Plaid graphic?
Some are, some are not. Some are getting mimics made on Etsy, eBay, Amazon or a third-party vendor.

Just replace it with a peacock and call it a day.

It happened again. I did not get the email of death yesterday but have had a VIN for over 3 weeks and my EDD changed from 8/15-8/18 to 8/21-8/27.
They told me my car is in Chicago and on transport to Indy. Delivery scheduled for 8/14 at noon. I’ll believe it when I see it.

white/cream/21/no FSD, ordered 3/16

no quack, touch wobbly, it’s just ducking annoying! Also have developed an annoying rattle/squeak somewhere between the rear seat and door on the passenger side… will have service look at that when they finally deliver the missing key fobs from delivery…
Might as well wait a couple of more months, rattles in my S started showing up after 3/4 months. Went to SC twice, sure enough they couldn’t “reproduce”, now I treat it as feature 🙂

Update from this morning:

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 13-30

Which one will get a VIN first? Place your bets! :p
Same exact config? You''ll likely get VINs for both at the same time or within a couple days of each other. No offense but wouldn't have been a better "test" if you had at least changed something for your 8/8/21 order? Seems a little silly since we ALL know VIN assignments and deliveries aren't based on based on order date; it's more about configuration and their planned "runs" of whatever color & options.

Reactions: plaidGhost
My favorite part about all of this is that Tesla forced plaid buyers to get carbon fiber and then once they realized that they wouldn't have enough, only then they let you choose...but then raised the price and told you if you don't want to get screwed by delivery timelines then you have to get screwed by price. Tesla, such a brand for the customer.