Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran mine last weekend myself! 70’ of 4/3 wire, 60a breaker, about $300 in materials with a disconnect switch in the garage. Just put the wall connector up! Now to keep waiting for my car…
View attachment 695450
I hear ya. Put mine in mid July. “While my charger gently weeps…” 😕

Attachments

• EA1296FA-72A3-499D-A416-8AA9F2632B98.jpeg
    EA1296FA-72A3-499D-A416-8AA9F2632B98.jpeg
    706.9 KB · Views: 76
Can someone with the car measure the voltage out of the 12V power socket? Hearing that it’s 16V and damaging some electronics plugged into it.

In the manual it also implies the 12V jack is 16V.

if it is 16V lots of folks are going to be damaging gadgets. 🙃🔫

View attachment 695494
I believe all "12V" automotive systems are really 11V-16V.

Interesting difference in delivery dates. The estimated delivery for the car below say Dec-Jan. Then you pay and after they get your non refundable money your EDD changes to March. I’d call that bait and switch. They got you. See photos of an order I placed tonight.

Attachments

• A6A339ED-6CC8-4FEA-8854-032F3C9B3163.png
    A6A339ED-6CC8-4FEA-8854-032F3C9B3163.png
    378.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 44846EBC-921D-4D6B-A38B-3799FABA9733.jpeg
    44846EBC-921D-4D6B-A38B-3799FABA9733.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 44
Don't do it. The only people that are going to think it's cool are Tesla owners, and even then, as a Tesla owner, it's not cool. 🤣
I didn’t order a Plaid this year, but if I did, the first thing to be deleted after the front license plate bracket would be the Plaid badge.

’low profile’

White/Black int 21 inch rims. Taking it straight to the shop to get ppf, tires blacked out and windows tinted. So I will have it for an hour, then bye bye for 7 days.

Noice, but aren't the tires already black? :)

I'll probably do the same with Xpel and tint. Care to share pricing and reviews when you're done? And yeah that will be 7 agonizing days!

Interesting difference in delivery dates. The estimated delivery for the car below say Dec-Jan. Then you pay and after they get your non refundable money your EDD changes to March. I’d call that bait and switch. They got you. See photos of an order I placed tonight.
@DFWM3 I posted a similar experience, a couple of weeks back, and got no sympathy here!

Predeposit - Sept/Oct

Moments after my $100 was gone - January

On the plus side, I expect to be driving the Plaid (if I go through with it) within the week. Details in sight.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Update: For grins and giggle, I gave my newly found VIN to my Allstate agent to quote. Clean driving record, multiple policies…
$1700 every six months! WTF, and no lube with that either (I did ask)! What are you all seeing, insurance wise?
I’ll be paying 81 a month for a long range 2121 refresh

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’ll be paying 81 a month for a long range 2121 refresh

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is what happened to me. Then a day later it changed to a 2 week range in early August. Then a day later got a Vin. Monkey gets busy as we get EOQ.

They really wanted my $10K Tesla tax. 😝