Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes they do connect to wifi. Have no idea if that's required to charge. I didn't have problems setting up although I think I had to try twice.
Ok, I need to research this. I had no idea. I had a guy wire it in, they put the cover on it and the green light came on. Wham bam. I guess I have to figure out WTH I need to do to get it on my wifi. Thanks.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I just went to update my line in the tracking spreadsheet (specifically the EDD) and noticed that a bunch of fields were totally wrong, as if someone else had "missed" and filled in state, color, etc., for a different car on my line. Just a heads-up, folks may want to check their entire entry to make sure it says what they actually put in there.

BTW, my date range moved closer by a day (now Aug 30 - Sep 19). That's the first time I've ever had it move, rather than disappear or reappear. At least the monkey isn't neglecting me any more.

Ok, I need to research this. I had no idea. I had a guy wire it in, they put the cover on it and the green light came on. Wham bam. I guess I have to figure out WTH I need to do to get it on my wifi. Thanks.
In the box there is an instructions pamphlet- on the front of that is a sticker with your SSID, your password to the local wifi. You use a mobile device to connect with that SSID and PW. Once there you go to 192.168.92.1 to access the setup. You can set the region, the max power capability and then add it to your wifi network. I learned on another thread it does not like WPA3 security so be aware of that.

Well, things are changing. Not sure if they're changing for the better or the worse of if that damn Tesla Monkey has just been jacking with the keyboard last night. But for two days in a row now I've had an EDD and it has actually changed from last night to this morning!! WTHHHHHH is going on???? Should I have HOPE????

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.30.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-12 at 7.01.57 AM.png

In the box there is an instructions pamphlet- on the front of that is a sticker with your SSID, your password to the local wifi. You use a mobile device to connect with that SSID and PW. Once there you go to 192.168.92.1 to access the setup. You can set the region, the max power capability and then add it to your wifi network. I learned on another thread it does not like WPA3 security so be aware of that.
Well FU&K, there are instructions???? Who would've thought to read a damn instruction manual? If they really want you to read the instruction manual they should put that in HUGE red letters!!!! I'll look for it. Thanks.

Well FU&K, there are instructions???? Who would've thought to read a damn instruction manual? If they really want you to read the instruction manual they should put that in HUGE red letters!!!! I'll look for it. Thanks.
You can also get the SSID off like the inside of the unit itself if you threw away the manual...
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 7.23.45 AM.png

@omarsultan @Hayseed_MS @HumanInput

Do any of you notice the issue described in that thread? Sounds not so good.

I do not think so. I put my hazards on when I go above 35mph and the LR barely goes above 40mph.

Not sure if I’d buy the stock again, as taking an order that can’t be filled for months (and reporting it as sales) is sus.

RN1147400 placed on April 2nd 2021
Latest EDD is February 2022.

Now that’s going to be 10 months for 100LR with FSD. And there is no guarantee that it’ll even pass customer (me) inspection.
That would be sus. Good thing Tesla reports number of cars built and number of cars delivered.

They told me my car is in Chicago and on transport to Indy. Delivery scheduled for 8/14 at noon. I’ll believe it when I see it.

white/cream/21/no FSD, ordered 3/16
Your car has been "in Chicago" for quite some time! Every one of these cars is equipped with GPS...someone knows exactly where they are.

Reactions: Ormond and Tigers