Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jester (Dante) wears the hat.

MarcG has the goods!!!

I absolutely love the way you are messing with Tesla. It will be interesting to see if they wise up. If they do not, it will be interesting to see if they keep a straight face asking for $10K more.
Haha thanks Bill. I will definitely call Tesla’s bluff if they give the latter order a VIN first, as I have it in writing from them that this will NOT happen.

EDDs have held steady since this morning, but be sure to check back in tomorrow for a new episode of the saga!

PS: it would be Tesla asking for $12k more, since I have the original order’s FSD at $8k instead of the new order’s $10k

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Tesla noob here picking up black/cream/wood/21 MS Plaid tomorrow morning. Absolutely thrilled, but definitely never experienced a car buying experience like this.

Any tips/tricks/cautions to look out for when accepting delivery? Check can be used on-site to make final payment if I “accept” delivery, correct?

I've seen many report that they do NOT accept personal checks or cashiers checks. This was my experience as well and on my day of delivery I received a text from Tesla saying just that (no personal checks or cashiers check). I was instructed to pay via their website which uses a system called PLAID to submit payment. The process is easy and you just enter your checking routing number/account number to make the payment.

I've seen many report that they do NOT accept personal checks or cashiers checks. This was my experience as well and on my day of delivery I received a text from Tesla saying just that (no personal checks or cashiers check). I was instructed to pay via their website which uses a system called PLAID to submit payment. The process is easy and you just enter your checking routing number/account number to make the payment.

This is same for me on my delivery in June.

I purchased a model Y about 9 months ago and used a personal check to pay. I asked if that was ok for the Plaid and they said no personal check but cashiers check is fine.

What kind of issues?? Did you pay before you picked it up? If so, that’s another reason not to pre-pay and just bring a cashiers check
Paid when I was there should have waited. There was some error messages in the car regarding suspension and auto pilot so I couldn't accept delivery even if I wanted to. The lack of communication is what annoys me

Paid when I was there should have waited. There was some error messages in the car regarding suspension and auto pilot so I couldn't accept delivery even if I wanted to. The lack of communication is what annoys me
Dude. That sucks! That is like waking up xmas morning and finding Santa dead with no toys. Maybe they can fix it there. But If they can’t, they will probably assign you a new VIN and the process of waiting and logistics are terrible these days. Keep us posted!!