Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So…..I’ve a MSLR blk/cr/19 on order converted from Plaid Plus RN11396, just got a date this week for oct 18 to Nov 7…. For fun I placed a Plaid order four days ago and ED wasMarch - two days ago it updated to sept 16-sept 30…. Eoq push? It’s red/cr/cf 19s…. I think I’ll keep it til LR delivers and decide which one to keep…. Although I’m leaning towards keeping the LR and sell the Plaid at cost…. ?!?!??

Morning Update: EDD moved up to 8/24 - 30
Insurance: progressive quoted me $650ish for 6m and 500 deductible

Plan to call tesla to get addition details on build and transport status and switch to financing. Curious what best rate will be through tesla
I was told best rate through Tesla was still 2.49% and that is what I ended up with on mine.

FWIW, When I bought my 21 LR+ last November I got a great rate from Progressive. Then they increased it to almost double at the 6 month renewal. I have all my other insurance through State Farm and they got really aggressive on their pricing and significangtly beat Progressive. I'm back to State Farm.

I think this whole RN number thing is crap. In my mind 9/22/20 is my date because that’s the date I paid them $1k. Tesla probably considers me a 6/19/21 - the day they autoconverted me from plaid+ to plaid.

basically it don’t matter what’s in my mind!

i sure could use some positivity. So jaded and resigned!

I am right there with you @MFrunkerOG! Hang in there. I try to appease myself by thinking I was okay with 2022 for a Plaid+ so this isn't so bad (but it sure is hard to maintain that mindset).

Hey guys,

A member of this forum had 2 S orders and got their Plaid first but the LR is coming this week. Will Tesla allow them to transfer their order to me so I can purchase their car? We both had pre price change orders, and similar configurations (LR, blue, but different wheels and interior colors). I am worried Tesla either wouldn’t allow the transfer, or, if they do they will charge me the new higher +10k price. Anyone know what might happen?

Hey guys,

A member of this forum had 2 S orders and got their Plaid first but the LR is coming this week. Will Tesla allow them to transfer their order to me so I can purchase their car? We both had pre price change orders, and similar configurations (LR, blue, but different wheels and interior colors). I am worried Tesla either wouldn’t allow the transfer, or, if they do they will charge me the new higher +10k price. Anyone know what might happen?
Tesla won't let you transfer reservations to my knowledge, and even if they did, they'd definitely charge you the 10K.

If they are rejecting the LR, though, maybe you could cozy up to the SC and both of you could arrange for him to cancel and they'd "find you" as the alternate. That also might not work, though, to avoid the 10K.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you sir.
To add a couple of things:
  • I think it is doable, but the first couple of times, take it easy on speed and see how your range holds--hopefully the energy app will release soon to give you more data
  • There are a few things you can turn off to help with the vampire drain like turn off things like Summons standby and Cabin Overheat Protection, and pause anything like TeslaFi that polls your car
  • TBH, no idea what winter weather is like in east Texas, but keep in mind the effect of cold and headwinds on your range
  • OTOH AC is not as big a deal as is is on gasoline cars. On the older S, using the AC was like a 3% ding on range--I assume the new heat pump is improved upon that
  • To the earlier point, if you can arrange to have to plug into a 110V outlet while you are parked, you should have not issues

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Are you in the same location? The customer could "reject" it ahead of time and you can be ready to try and swoop in and ask for it - but no promises. You probably will also have to pay the difference of today's prices - even if the car was reserved prior to the price increase. Best bet is to contact your SA and see what can be setup.

If the other user accepts, they could sell it you, but you then deal with local sales tax, etc. etc.

I am right there with you @MFrunkerOG! Hang in there. I try to appease myself by thinking I was okay with 2022 for a Plaid+ so this isn't so bad (but it sure is hard to maintain that mindset).
Well, someone reminded me that this situation is no different than the Fargin shiteshow of the Model 3 in 2017/2018…

if anything, Tesla is consistent in its fukkups!

Tesla won't let you transfer reservations to my knowledge, and even if they did, they'd definitely charge you the 10K.

If they are rejecting the LR, though, maybe you could cozy up to the SC and both of you could arrange for him to cancel and they'd "find you" as the alternate. That also might not work, though, to avoid the 10K.

Are you in the same location? The customer could "reject" it ahead of time and you can be ready to try and swoop in and ask for it - but no promises. You probably will also have to pay the difference of today's prices - even if the car was reserved prior to the price increase. Best bet is to contact your SA and see what can be setup.

If the other user accepts, they could sell it you, but you then deal with local sales tax, etc. etc.

Thanks guys,

We are about 3 hours away from each other, so different service centers. Sounds like it might be a pain, but I’ll see what they say after speaking to the buyer and his SC. Tesla won’t make it easy for me to get a car before December it seems.

Right on! 20 inch Sigs SV 104’s in brushed Titanium here. I’ve also ordered the new Model S Bluetooth TPMS but Tesla is totally not communicative as to if and when I may see them. Should I be surprised ? 🤣🤣
Just ordered the same wheel setup (SV104) for my MSP EDD 9/2 - 9/20. Trying to track down BT TMPS. Let me know if you have any luck.

I did see some listed on tsportline as OEM…sent an email to verify compatible w/ ‘21 MS.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Unsure the SC is allowed to take less money. I'm sure they'll allow you to match after the car is rejected (that's what happened with @Mandarin), but OP should be prepared to pay the additional $10K.

Yes. After spending an extra $4,500 on the upgraded 21” Arachnids, I realized that they’re just not good enough for me and this very special EV. I just ordered mine — Signature Monoblock SV104 Brushed Black Triple Tinted to go nicely with my white MS Plaid. And these forged wheels provide a very nice ~ 40lb reduction in weight (~ 10lb off each wheel). 👍🏻😎
I just ordered a set of SV104 to go w/ my MSP with EDD of 9/2 - 920. What did ya do for TPMS? I’m trying to track some down to ensure I have ‘em when my car and wheels arrive.

I was told best rate through Tesla was still 2.49% and that is what I ended up with on mine.
Perhaps it’s changed now, but in March I got 2.14% on my Model Y through Tesla financing.

I got 2.49% on my Model S a few days ago, but I assumed that was because I was financing pretty much all of it. It’s basically free money at 2.49%…

Perhaps it’s changed now, but in March I got 2.14% on my Model Y through Tesla financing.

I got 2.49% on my Model S a few days ago, but I assumed that was because I was financing pretty much all of it. It’s basically free money at 2.49%…
I got 0.99% on my first S, 1.99% on my next S, and the rate now is 2.49%… man, do I wish I could get the 2017 promo haha

On a side note, I went to check out the Model S Facebook group and chime in there. Someone asked if people who place a newer order are getting preferential treatment. I said there’s been a plenty of people in this thread who’ve ordered a duplicate order and got a VIN with the more expensive one first. They all called me a liar and said I didn’t even order a plaid, etc. I sent a screenshot of my order and they didn’t respond. The Facebook bunch are assholes, I’m glad to have you guys 🙂