Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So apparently my Delivery center is super short staffed and I stopped by today after receiving a call from the operations manager that they won’t be able to deliver the car until Tuesday. I found it all wrapped up but checked it out and all the panel gaps were tight. Hoping the rest of it is good to go. It was sad leaving today but got an email just a few minutes ago saying they should be done inspecting Monday afternoon. Yay!
8CBA6D09-711E-406D-B9CD-53F61906AA37.jpeg

Yeah I got one. You need to use Microsoft teams. I didn't want to use my work account, and when I tried to make a personal one, Microsoft demanded a verifiable cell number, and confirmation I am required to receive things on that number. I passed.
Yeah that's fair. Not worth it unless you're really anxious about a contactless delivery. I had to do it for my Model Y and it was relatively straightforward.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So apparently my Delivery center is super short staffed and I stopped by today after receiving a call from the operations manager that they won’t be able to deliver the car until Tuesday. I found it all wrapped up but checked it out and all the panel gaps were tight. Hoping the rest of it is good to go. It was sad leaving today but got an email just a few minutes ago saying they should be done inspecting Monday afternoon. Yay!
View attachment 696723
That was my story yesterday as well “Tuesday”. I kept hanging around, talking to service, sales and with a little honey, they found a way to deliver it to me at 5pm. Yeah, I tipped everyone afterwards!
4383E6FF-F051-47F1-ABFB-2A455135D333.jpeg

View attachment 696723

DAMN! Nice Color (❤️)

Is anyone planning on trading in their S or holding out for a Roadster instead? Starting to get cold feet and thinking about either waiting on the Roadster or just trading in my new S for it 🤔

Only thing stopping me is that we have no idea when it'll come out. My guess is 2023 at the earliest.

I plan on buying and selling within 6-12 months, personally. I might buy another Tesla or not. But we are in a weird spot, the MSRP is already $10k higher, a lot of new cars next year. I might just get model x also.

Is anyone planning on trading in their S or holding out for a Roadster instead? Starting to get cold feet and thinking about either waiting on the Roadster or just trading in my new S for it 🤔

Only thing stopping me is that we have no idea when it'll come out. My guess is 2023 at the earliest.
You'll drive yourself crazy waiting for the next big thing or next significant improvement. I said I would seriously consider a Model S when they updated the UI. Here we are. I'm ready.

I know I'll get my answer as soon as I see my car (Real Soon Now), but I'm really curious: is the refresh blue any different from the blue of all other Teslas from the past few years? Whenever I see a blue Tesla on the street it's a dark, somewhat boring (to me) shade. But some of these photos make it look a lot lighter than that; this one, for example, makes it look a lot closer to the World Rally Blue of my WRX that went off-lease in January. But is that just an artifact of the photos?
FWIW I find the Tesla blue looks different every single time I see it. Completely depends on the ambient light. It does look flat from time to time but mostly I think it looks great. After 3 years of MSM I’m ready for something a bit more dynamic.

At this point, I would rather have a 2022 model. I believe an Oct manufacture date is when the year changeover is now.
Apparently Tesla does their model year thing quite differently than most or pretty much all other auto mfgrs; it’s model year designation depends on the actual year the car is built. So, yeah, no 2022 model year MS until 1/1/22. This is what my Tesla RM explained to me. I agree it’s annoying but Tesla does almost everything quite differently so it’s no surprise. Keep your 2021 order dude.

Reactions: TheMacc and impastu

@Venom Well, from one who was on the fence about getting the S Plaid, I can only make reference to a Liberty Mutual commercial. “Plaid, you’re an animal! Who’s got the bird legs now?” “Chicken?” Ha ha ha
More seriously, no regrets or buyers remorse. The acceleration is “violent”. When I take people out, I tell them to get prepared and brace themselves. They do and then I nail it… even though they prepared, they were not!

Although this is NOT my new MS Plaid (this is actually someone else's LR), I thought I would post up a rendering pic of what my car will look like with my new forged 21" Signature Monoblock SV104 (Brushed Black Triple Tinted) although my brake calipers will likely remain black for now (although I may change the color at some point). Same 21 x 9.5 & 21 x 10.5 with exact oem offset but approx 10lb lighter than the 21" Tesla Arachnid wheels.

So, again, if anyone is interested in a full set of my brand new upgraded 21" oem Tesla Arachnid wheels for $2k, here's the posting in the TMC Marketplace FS: Brand New OEM 2021 Model S Plaid/LR Arachnid Wheels (not including tires or tpms) ...might make a NICE SET OF WINTER WHEELS for someone's MS Plaid/LR. If no takers on those, I'll sell them on eBay in early Oct; guessing someone (not on TMC) will buy them for at least $2,500-$3,000. So, I'll reserve the 21" Arachnids for TMC members until 10/1/21. If not sold by then, they go up on eBay.View attachment 696638

yknow everyone has been shitting on the 19s and so I’ve been questioning my wheel taste, but this just tells me… diff’rent strokes for diff’rent folks. I wouldn’t go with these but whatever floats your boat. Hope you enjoy em!

ETA: oh dear, just caught up with the thread. I hereby disavow any cahoots with @Tigers or @AnselmDante , my opinions about these wheels are my own hahaha.

I plan on buying and selling within 6-12 months, personally. I might buy another Tesla or not. But we are in a weird spot, the MSRP is already $10k higher, a lot of new cars next year. I might just get model x also.
Yeah that makes sense. I never really hold onto cars for longer than a year and with the 4680s at least 1 year out (IMO), I think it'll line up perfectly for me. I just wonder what the depreciation will be like for the Plaid in a year.

Yeah that makes sense. I never really hold onto cars for longer than a year and with the 4680s at least 1 year out (IMO), I think it'll line up perfectly for me. I just wonder what the depreciation will be like for the Plaid in a year.

Yeah the performance models always depreciate massively, outside of this weird year. I agree on the 4680s plus there is the roadster and Rivian/Lucid/EQS/ all sorts of new cars in 12 months. I think with the rapidly evolving tech, it's nice to just have a good taste then move on.

@Venom Well, from one who was on the fence about getting the S Plaid, I can only make reference to a Liberty Mutual commercial. “Plaid, you’re an animal! Who’s got the bird legs now?” “Chicken?” Ha ha ha
More seriously, no regrets or buyers remorse. The acceleration is “violent”. When I take people out, I tell them to get prepared and brace themselves. They do and then I nail it… even though they prepared, they were not!
Awesome, thanks for the reassurance. I can't wait to pick it up in a week or two! Have you previously owned a Tesla?

yknow everyone has been shitting on the 19s and so I’ve been questioning my wheel taste, but this just tells me… diff’rent strokes for diff’rent folks. I wouldn’t go with these but whatever floats your boat. Hope you enjoy em!

ETA: oh dear, just caught up with the thread. I hereby disavow any cahoots with @Tigers or @AnselmDante , my opinions about these wheels are my own hahaha.
Look at those beautiful 19”! I like the ride comfort of the 19””s as well. Same performance (acceleration) status as well. And, they are much lighter!

Attachments

• A88EFBFA-F08F-44F3-BD5B-8EAE4633416B.jpeg
    A88EFBFA-F08F-44F3-BD5B-8EAE4633416B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
They'll go back to 3 tiers again with LR, Plaid, and Plaid + for 2, 3, or 4 motors.

Man, I was JUST in this situation. It was a very hard decision but in the end I decided to wait for Roadster. Wife did not want to take the risk of any losses on trading in or selling my Plaid, so I just reserved the Roadster instead. I think it will be here in 2022 and its the car I really want. If not 2022, for sure early 2023.