Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will do! It has rained for like the last 4 days straight and I was waiting for the ceramic appointment to be done. I should be able to get a video tomorrow morning as well as other pics. In my opinion with my iPhone 12 Pro a photo still doesn’t do it justice. The red pops so hard! It is stunning in person.

Oh yeah! I saw a red Plaid in person. I would've given my first and second wives for it on the spot (if it had the white interior, that is :p). But seriously, it is my background pic on my phone and it's not even my damn car. Looks so striking though.

Anyone who’s received their car - any of y’all been rained on yet? On a scale from “bad” to “atrocious” how’re the auto wipers on the new S?

I’ve been thinking that the longer hood compared to the 3 might help with the road spray that makes the auto wipers a joke on that car. Any thoughts? Oh, also, could someone confirm for me that if you hit the wiper button the left scroll controls the speed setting for a few seconds after?

@Hayseed_MS @jebinc and trying to think of others who don’t live in deserts, I mean, California. Thanks!

They are overzealous on auto.

Anyone who’s received their car - any of y’all been rained on yet? On a scale from “bad” to “atrocious” how’re the auto wipers on the new S?

I’ve been thinking that the longer hood compared to the 3 might help with the road spray that makes the auto wipers a joke on that car. Any thoughts? Oh, also, could someone confirm for me that if you hit the wiper button the left scroll controls the speed setting for a few seconds after?

@Hayseed_MS @jebinc and trying to think of others who don’t live in deserts, I mean, California. Thanks!
This state is bone dry. No measurable moisture in over 60 days. The place is on fire!

Autowipers have worked pretty well so far. They are a bit aggressive but okay on auto. Yes, if you hit wiper button, the left scroll controls speed (and speed options pop up on instrument panel).

Auto is fine if it is rainy solidly…I agree that it is a bit much when it is a light drizzle.

The left scroll wheel pretty much controls the whole car…lol.

Autowipers have worked pretty well so far. They are a bit aggressive but okay on auto. Yes, if you hit wiper button, the left scroll controls speed (and speed options pop up on instrument panel).

Thank you, GOD! One of the most annoying things about the 3, looking straight down to **** with the wipers...while it is pouring rain and you can't see.

Got it. Thanks. I do believe RPM Tesla is supposed to be measuring and matching the new Plaid spoiler for potential fitment changes. Let us know if this one comes off or if any issues. $250 is an incredible deal, though! Tesla wants $1500 (HAHAHA). But the ass of the car needs that little extra something, imo.

Also - would love to see that glossy spoiler in direct Florida sunlight if you wanted to hook us up with a 30 second video clip. ;) Ill take more pix as well!
From what I read and seen, the plaid spoiler is actually slimmer and longer in length. It reminds me of the model 3/ model Y performance spoilers.

Thank you, GOD! One of the most annoying things about the 3, looking straight down to **** with the wipers...while it is pouring rain and you can't see.
Exactly what I was thinking about. Almost hit a truck once when the skies opened up and the auto wipers took a nap. Also, salt and ice are apparently invisible to the 3’s camera, no bueno up here in Canada Junior.
Thanks to those responding. Overzealous auto wipers sound like a big improvement!

So many deliveries, mine in about 1 month. What are folks doing for trunk mats? Are you buying 2020 floor mats and trimming them? Both refer to all weather mats. 2020 aftermarket ones are supposed to fit but need trimming?

Would also like to put a spoiler on my upcoming LR, anyone tried this yet?
Just keep a healthy supply of hooker bags in the trunk.

Who has traded in a leased Tesla on their Model S when the existing lease was not yet up? How did that play out? Did you get screwed on the early lease termination?

I've got a lease on a 2020 M3P that is about 18 months in, but I've only got about 3,700 miles on the car and it is completely pristine. It is black with white interior. If there was a buyout option in the lease I could easily sell it for as much or more than the original MSRP.

I was planning to trade it in on my MS Plaid, mainly just because I don't need both of them and that would be a convenient way to get out of the lease.

Here is my quick first impressions:

It's been a long day and my brain is liquified on so many levels. First I will start out by saying, the moment you sit inside a refresh S, its instantly noticeable how much better the build quality is. The car is like a sound studio, you cant hear anything outside. My wide was talking to me loud and I seriously could not hear her with the windows up. Seats are wider, I would say about the same comfort level of the last generation. I honestly like the black interior and wood, its very sophisticated. I still will probably like the white better if I saw it, but for now I'm a fan. The driver display is so clear and immediately the first thing I noticed how clean and colorful it was. The yoke is well, like everyone else said not bad, just annoying now when you have to do weird reverse turns, or like I have to really squeeze in my garage so it will take some getting used to. The new UI is great but still figuring it out and updating maps.

Now for the fun part.. Plaid is mind numbing... I came from a 2018 75D, which I thought was fast as hell when I first got it. I have never driven a P100D or been in one. So maybe others will be less impressed but let me tell you, the acceleration doesnt seem possible! The first drag strip mode launch will forever be engraved in your brain. I watched every Youtube video out there and nothing will ever prepare you for the insanity. If you are on the fence about getting a Plaid, its worth every penny of the extra $40K. It honestly feels like the car is losing traction at every speed. I feel like the tires can't hold on.. I got home and everyone in my neighborhood was outside and swarming around.. Giving rides with 6 people in the car and still was crazy. The screaming and looks on people's faces will never get old. I think I did about 10 launches this evening I'm still dizzy an hour later.. It feels like I am beating up the car, but at the same time I really think it can handle it way better than the older models.

I'll post some pics tomorrow, but everyone's seen pics already.. I'm getting tint Wednesday and gotta get that front plate off first..

Cheers!