Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine (RN115381518) was ordered 07/27/2021 with a delivery date set in August. It switched to saying February a week ago and still says February now. Pretty disappointed if this doesn't change, as the same exact thing happened with my M3P, delivery December 28th ended up being end of March.
What is your configuration?

I have to park in a different spot now at the office…can’t stop looking at it.

The car is worth the wait.

Attachments

• AD01835C-D36B-4402-A586-E811A19D49DB.jpeg
    AD01835C-D36B-4402-A586-E811A19D49DB.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 144
Mine (RN115381518) was ordered 07/27/2021 with a delivery date set in August. It switched to saying February a week ago and still says February now. Pretty disappointed if this doesn't change, as the same exact thing happened with my M3P, delivery December 28th ended up being end of March.
While most of us here understand your frustration and disappointment, please also know that many of us (myself included) ordered 6+ months ago and we still don’t have a VIN and our MS Plaids/LRs. You ordered “like yesterday” compared to us. So let’s see how you feel in Nov/Dec and/or Jan, 2022 and still don’t have your car that your ordered on July 27th. It’s all about perspective.

Alright boys & girls, I did some data analysis on the tracking sheet by creating a temporary tab to sort by config, and the main takeaway here is:

HOLY COW THERE ARE LOTS OF UNIQUE CONFIGS!!

Out of 43 Plaid orders that show up as completed entries in the sheet (not missing trim, wheel sizes, etc.) and excluding AP vs. FSD (since this is just software that doesn't impact config/production), there are 30 UNIQUE CONFIGS OF PLAID ORDERS!!

Get ready because I'm going to list them all - HERE WE GO:

1. 1x Plaid/Black/Black/CF/21"
  2. 1x Plaid/Black/White/CF/19"
  3. 1x Plaid/Blue/Black/CF/19"
  4. 1x Plaid/Blue/Black/Wood/21"
  5. 1x Plaid/Blue/Cream/CF/19"
  6. 1x Plaid/Blue/Cream/Wood/19"
  7. 1x Plaid/Blue/White/CF/19"
  8. 1x Plaid/Blue/White/Wood/19"
  9. 2x Plaid/MSM/Black/CF/19"
  10. 1x Plaid/MSM/Black/CF/21"
  11. 3x Plaid/MSM/Black/Wood/19"
  12. 1x Plaid/MSM/Cream/CF/21"
  13. 2x Plaid/MSM/Cream/Wood/19"
  14. 1x Plaid/MSM/Cream/Wood/21"
  15. 2x Plaid/MSM/White/CF/19"
  16. 1x Plaid/MSM/White/CF/21"
  17. 4x Plaid/Red/Black/CF/19"
  18. 1x Plaid/Red/Black/CF/21"
  19. 2x Plaid/Red/Black/Wood/19"
  20. 1x Plaid/Red/Cream/CF/19"
  21. 1x Plaid/Red/Cream/Wood/19"
  22. 2x Plaid/Red/White/CF/19"
  23. 2x Plaid/Red/White/CF/21"
  24. 1x Plaid/Red/White/Wood/19"
  25. 1x Plaid/White/Black/CF/19"
  26. 1x Plaid/White/Black/CF/21"
  27. 1x Plaid/White/Black/Wood/19"
  28. 1x Plaid/White/Black/Wood/21"
  29. 1x Plaid/White/White/CF/19"
  30. 3x Plaid/White/White/CF/21"

Takeaways:
  • Most of the Plaid configs are unique, meaning there are few TMC members who actually ordered the same config as each other
  • The most common config is Red/Black/CF/19", listed 4 times which include two of mine, so it's really 3 real orders
  • The next two most common configs at 3x each are Plaid/MSM/Black/Wood/19" (again including one of mine, which I may not take), and Plaid/White/White/CF/21"
  • This number of configs is probably the reason why certain people are getting orders earlier than other - it seems to be more a matter of when Tesla is building your specific config, likely in a large batch, rather than prioritizing higher-priced orders

Anyway, I thought that was fairly insightful.
Enjoy! :)
That is very interesting. I see that my Plaid/MSM/Cream/Wood/21" is a unicorn there. I would not have expected that. Maybe that is part of the reason my order was filled right away.

Dropped the Plaid off for full Xpel PPF, Cermaic, Tint.

The folks at Mr Tint have done a few Plaids already in full PPF, and in all cases the said the Plaid badge was too flimsy and could not be removed without ruining it.

So anyone know where to get a replacement "PLAID" badge? I don't want to be a poser and buy the eBay Plaid day badge. I just want stock.

They did give me the option to cut around the badge, and they say its' subtle. So that's the plan. But if I can source a stock badge then I'll just proceed with that.

The folks at Mr Tint have done a few Plaids already in full PPF, and in all cases the said the Plaid badge was too flimsy and could not be removed without ruining it.

So anyone know where to get a replacement "PLAID" badge? I don't want to be a poser and buy the eBay Plaid day badge. I just want stock.

They did give me the option to cut around the badge, and they say its' subtle. So that's the plan. But if I can source a stock badge then I'll just proceed with that.
I ordered mine through the service center since I knew I was getting PPF. It was only a couple dollars.

I would not cut around it. Much cleaner to install a new one.

You can most likely order it from Tesla. According to the EPC website, it’s only $2.04 (interesting they call it "tri motor badge"):

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 9.54.38 PM.png

Strange. I’ve removed a ton of badges from cars of various makes. Never broke or damaged any lettering. In fact I have a bin full of them.

Could probably spell out ‘Plaid’ in various fonts and sizes for you. :)

Just order from Tesla. I’m sure it’s inexpensive. i wouldn’t cut around the lettering.

I ordered same config April 10 and have same EDD. ;(
Same config. I ordered end of May. My date was showing Oct up to a couple weeks ago. Then moved to Dec-Jan when the letter was published. I then got a text from Tesla to complete my payment information otherwise I would continue to get pushed back. So I finalized payment info (but did not yet transfer down payment) and sent proof of insurance 2 days ago. Since then my date has been changing everyday. Yesterday was the month of December and today it is now showing end of Nov - Dec. Hope this helps.

While most of us here understand your frustration and disappointment, please also know that many of us (myself included) ordered 6+ months ago and we still don’t have a VIN and our MS Plaids/LRs. You ordered “like yesterday” compared to us. So let’s see how you feel in Nov/Dec and/or Jan, 2022 and still don’t have your car that your ordered on July 27th. It’s all about perspective.
I don't understand what you mean, I am aware people have it worse than I do. My annoyance with the situation doesn't invalidate yours and vise versa. This is about Tesla making false promises, not "you're not allowed to feel anything until your situation is as bad as my situation". I believe the term kids throw around for that these days is 'gatekeeping'.

We should be collectively frustrated at Tesla, not invalidating each other. It is crazy to me that I could be told August when so many people have already been waiting so long. I wouldn't even be posting here if they had just told me February from the beginning.