Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery today, uncomplicated, good panel gaps, no obvious “defects”, already got it tinted, ceramic coating next weekend. All I’ll say is it’s worth the wait!

View attachment 698837
DAMN, that looks good. And I think it's my same config, with the exception of the 21" wheels. Aaaaannnndddd that I ordered 6-1/2 months ago!! LOL. congrats. That looks amazing.

It doesn’t make sense, how is that earlier order gets later delivery? I had model 3 delivered on August 8th. I ordered model 3 middle of may. Estimate was right on the dot and never changed like this.
Supply chain issues, new model S with quirks, etc. I'm not defending them--just stating what has been discussed.

My delivery window just narrowed to 1 week! ...but moved out to 15 days from now 🤣
Well placed my order in January model s plaid + it auto converted to plaid in June trading in my current m3p 4K miles delivery estimates have been all over the place got trade in value 7-18 was happy with the offer but what do you know it expired 5 days before delivery appointment re-evaluated offer mind you 30 days and 800 miles 6500.00 less than original offer 🤦🏼‍♂️
They had you and they knew it. I got quote from Tesla on my p100D that was 30k less than market in my region.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have did the same config, but back in April. Ordered April 2, 2021 w/the following delivery date changes:
August
Nov 10 - 30
Nov 5 - 25
Oct 29 - Nov 18
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 5 - 25
Nov 7 - 27
Thank you for sharing, I wonder location makes a difference. I live in Danville CA practically 20 miles from Fremont factory

Has anyone tested the glass on their cars using a meter at the shop before getting tinted? Supposedly Tesla added IR and UV protection on all the factory glass.
I posted earlier in the another thread, “this Plaid glass ain’t no 3 glass,” when it comes to tint and IR rejection. As I mentioned to @WilliamG I canceled my tint and PPF appointment! For me, it’s just fine as is (tint wise). 😎

You seem very concerned for some reason. No, they give you the offer. You drop off the trade. You drive away with you're new Model S.
You are correct in your observation. I’ve never dealt with Tesla, and have no idea what to expect, and don’t want any complications borking my delivery. Also, their trade in valuation was done purely on the pictures I provided and a few check boxes stating there is no major damage etc. They did not even ask me to drive down to their service center, and refused to take the trade prior to delivery. Granted, I uploaded very high resolution, high quality unprocessed pictures, and the car looks great and runs great. I have simply never traded or sold a car in such a modern manner like this.