Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you live in IL, are trading a car, and are planning on 4th qtr delivery you might want to wait until 1/1/22. You'll get a 22 MS and save on taxes.

"Consumers in Illinois looking to trade in vehicles will continue to be double taxed for a few more months, but come Jan. 1, the $10,000 tax cap on such transactions will be removed with a law recently enacted by the governor."

@omarsultan did. I think @HumanInput did as well. Yes, technically the spray to "adhere" the tint to the window could get into the electronics. But if your dealer knows what they are doing, they will not cause any issues. Think I have seen towel ropes, paper towels, all sorts of things being used. It is a delicate process.

Their insurance could cover it as well or you could be signing liability away to them in the paperwork. Either way, I would say if a dealer screws it up, they should do the right thing and own up to it.

For what it is worth, did it on my previous Model S - zero issues. And will trust the same shop to do it all over again on my LR when it arrives.
I did - my guy (why is it always a guy) talked me into putting 70% VLT on the front (XPEL) -- glad I did it. I guess I might worry about the installer a bit if that was a concern.

Off topic - Anyone know if the 19" Slipstreams from an older S will fit on the new LR/Plaid S? How would these affect range? Range between 21s and hub capped 19s?
I think someone talked about putting spacers on the rear or front or something to make it work. There is a thread on it here Non staggered LR tires although that thread seems more specific about using the current front tire spec on the rear tires. And not trying to use a completely different tire spec (e.g. the previous 19" rims).

Off topic - Anyone know if the 19" Slipstreams from an older S will fit on the new LR/Plaid S? How would these affect range? Range between 21s and hub capped 19s?
An inch narrower for the front. 2” narrower for the back. Here’s the results for the rear.
4BBDB83F-E2B0-4FB3-BC1D-0C3D17396884.jpeg

I’m not that good at it… though in high school I did once win our team a college bowl victory because of a bonus lightning round based entirely on secret identities of super heroes.

I missed one because they had an error. They weren’t up-to-date on what was going on with The Shadow at the time.

Anyone want to hang out?
Wow. Major impressed.

Hope you’re surviving the storm and power outages @AnselmDante !
We had some significant tree branches break off and a small tree fell into our yard from the edge of the woods. Other than a few power flickers and brief internet interruptions, we are fine.

About the worst thing to deal with is I won't be driving the Tesla to work tomorrow. Too much storm debris everywhere and it's going to rain all day.

We had some significant tree branches break off and a small tree fell into our yard from the edge of the woods. Other than a few power flickers and brief internet interruptions, we are fine.

About the worst thing to deal with is I won't be driving the Tesla to work tomorrow. Too much storm debris everywhere and it's going to rain all day.

During a storm, I had someone ask me if it was safe to drive in the rain. I told her "yes, just do not touch it while you are on the ground since you are grounded." . everyone in the room was quietly looking at her...

See lots of folks who are past October going in wrong direction but Oct or before the good one this represents my earliest lastest by date.

November 1-15
October 14-Nov 2
September 15-30
Sept 12 -30
Sept 7-27
September 15-30
Septeber 12-30
Today: September 08 - September 22

If this goes to October I will go all David Crosby on Mr Musk!
If it goes to October you will likely have a 2022 model year. That would be worth a few weeks wait to me.

I no longer live in MD. They require inspections on new vehicles? That's weird. I think most states assume new vehicles are good for the duration of an inspection cycle when you buy it.
SOP in Taxachusetts. Inspection on any registration. For some cars I've bought new, the dealer just took care of the sticker. Not Tesla.

Last edited: