Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally pulled the trigger on car detailing. Going 35% tint all around (minus windshield), Fusion Ceramic Coating, and Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF on front.

The hardest part is I don't get my car back until Friday.
Well, silver lining I guess would be no trees can fall on it.

My SA offered me a MSM last night, and sent me a photo of it. I may go look at it today. They have several Plaid My EDDs are unchanged on my orders.
I simply can’t believe how eager I am to see your decision. I really need to get off this thread. Nothing better than vicarious living?

Any suggestions of how to get through by phone to local sales advisors? When I call local Tesla location I am greeted by new prompt system that seem to try routing any "sales" questions to what I presume is national call center with endless wait. New system asks nature of call whereas old one simply gated sales as a "local" option apart from service etc...

Have tried a lot of key words but cannot get local sales advisors any longer.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I simply can’t believe how eager I am to see your decision. I really need to get off this thread. Nothing better than vicarious living?
I didn’t get it. Decision by indecision. I waited until late this morning to call on it. When the SA checked it this morning, it was taken. 🤔 Has anyone called you to take another vehicle? I’ll bet next month, more cars will become available for purchase near the EOQ.

Any suggestions of how to get through by phone to local sales advisors? When I call local Tesla location I am greeted by new prompt system that seem to try routing any "sales" questions to what I presume is national call center with endless wait. New system asks nature of call whereas old one simply gated sales as a "local" option apart from service etc...

Have tried a lot of key words but cannot get local sales advisors any longer.
I don't think calling local is an option. I know @Cysco tried when his was in broken glass limbo. I've been using the re-routed method (mixed results - only know what the computer tells them) as well as my assigned LA (seems to be more in the know, but responses are delayed a bit - to be fair I mainly email).

In regards to those asking about PPF wraps, one thing to note is that some folks are already complaining that the OEM PPF that comes on the rear fenders is beginning to yellow, in addition to not being large enough to protect some upper area rock chips from the front tires. Another small reason for my doing a full XPEL wrap of my Plaid later this week.

Also, I've heard that there is OEM PPF on the inside of the door handles. Perhaps others can validate if that is accurate or not.
Yeah that is one of the reasons I’m doing PPF on white. That rear fender PPF also attracts dirt on the edges and I’m sure it’ll yellow in no time. I’m guessing they didn’t go with xpel for those. I do see some sort of PPF layer on the inside door handles. I wasn’t sure if it was suppose to be removed or not because there were some bubbles underneath. I just removed the bubbles by applying pressure on it and it was ok.

I got a call from Fremont asking if I wanted to take a Plaid/black/black/wood/21/FSD.

When I asked what the last 6 of the VIN were, the person said "430..."

I said "no thanks, I'll wait". Are they fixing cars from the temp lot and starting to sell them?
I think 430 can still be a non-misfit lot. There was one other member who got a 430 VIN. I would have asked for the next digit as well. Closer to 431, if you wanted it, would have been fine. Even that 430 member has reported no issues with theirs.

Do you have an appointment or tomorrow is the beginning of your delivery range? If the latter, do not go. Wait for an appointment and then stalk the day or two before.

Edit: see you have no VIN. Definitely do not go.
I know, I know :p I will be surprised if I make it by the 9th. That being said, I have never gotten the first date to be tomorrow before. Both dates generally move a few weeks out at a time, then blank, then back, then move lol

I got a call from Fremont asking if I wanted to take a Plaid/black/black/wood/21/FSD.

When I asked what the last 6 of the VIN were, the person said "430..."

I said "no thanks, I'll wait". Are they fixing cars from the temp lot and starting to sell them?
Yup, probably temp lot vehicles because remember most of them had 19s wheels too :confused: