Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some advice.
Had a Plaid on pre-order back on original announcement. I was reached out to in first batch and asked if I wanted to take delivery and I said no… My wife wasn’t ready and she wanted to keep our Mini Cooper until summer ended. Said I’d like to take delivery in September but wanted to test drive one. I’m ready to just skip my original request to test drive one now and just get the agreement rolling. The Fremont factory rep who asked me to call him back when I’m ready to order isn’t picking my call. No idea when that agreement is going to go from being grey and am now without a car (mini is dead). Wondering if there’s a person, place, or thing I can nudge now to get the ball rolling…
Man. Unless you have a RN and solid (I do mean solid) contact, you may only have the option @cwanja suggested - start fresh. There does seem to be faster deliveries for certain configs.

Unsolicited call from my SA today asking why I have two nearly identical plaid orders. As if he’s living under a rock and hasn’t heard of all the delays. Anyway, explained situation and then he said finishing financing would put me to front of line for California builds that will occur in September. Then I told him I did that with my model X order in February and still have no car. He apologized and said just submit as a cash order and then call him immediately once vin is in and then he will switch me to financing. We’ll see what happens.
This is what I did with my last 2 cars based on the advice of a SA that I know and respect. Last time I jumped the line as well. This time the told me the car was in transit and to pay the full amount. When I called to change to financing the car suddenly was not in transit and the EDD got pushed back a day every day.

So, I received those suction cup dent pullers to easily remove the center wheel caps and slapped back on the aeros (aka "Hub Caps") for an upcoming road trip.

Ceramic coated them before reinstallation!
hub3.jpg

Attachments

• Hub2.jpg
    Hub2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 52
  • hub1.jpg
    hub1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 63
So, I received those suction cup dent pullers to easily remove the center wheel caps and slapped back on the aeros (aka "Hub Caps") for an upcoming road trip.

Ceramic coated them before reinstallation!View attachment 700526
Am I the only person here that actually thinks the aero caps look good? I mean, I genuinely like them. But, I never liked disco either, so there is that.

I've definitely seen those rates. Not in Georgia, but I've seen them. I have my own firm and reduced my rate from $795 when I was at an international consulting firm. Kirkland and Weil have some of the higher rates that I encounter. Senior partners push $1,700. Never seen $2,000 though.
Yeah, we don't have different rates for different geographic locations any more, at least not in our US offices. We have a small handful of partners with rates over $2,000 that do transactional work.