Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I charged my

Last night I charged my Plaid to 100% for the first time since I’ve owned the car. (2 months.) It showed 348 miles of range with no fan, AC or otherwise, coming on. I had turnEd off the AC the night before. What I did notice that when I drove the brake regeneration was definitely reduced. I understand that the refreshed S’s no longer have a brake regeneration adjustment setting but it certainly adjusted down when the battery was full. Apparently this has been the case with Tesla for a while but I thought I’d confirm it still happens with our refreshed cars.
I've charged our X to 100% for trips and the brake regeneration is definitely less until battery is discharged down to around 80-90%. I believe this is to manage battery health and longevity the same way a supercharger tails off as the battery becomes more fully charged.

Just checked my order this morning and saw I now have an MVPA and am now able to submit final payment. Friend of mine at our pickup location pinged the car and said it’s supposed to arrive around 8/31 and I can pickup either same or next day depending how early it gets there. Next week can’t come soon enough
Is the EDD on your Battery Day order still blank? That makes no sense.

Picked my my S yesterday! The yoke is incredible. I don’t see that big of a change, maybe because I already had hand positions that were similar 🤷‍♂️.

2. It’s fast. Really fast. I think what makes it so surprising coming from an ICE is the fact there are no gear changes that you feel a little pull back as you go faster. It just keeps going faster. The only word to describe it is how the speed mode calls it “insane”. It truly is.
How many times do we have to tell you? It's not insane, it's plaid.