Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the mud flaps are out!! Complete with a first to market price. Lol.

@GrnSqrl I don't believe those are for the Refreshed 2021 S, sadly.

I wish there was a way to turn off that loot box icon in the app. I don't think Tesla put any thought into how offensive and predatory the term "loot box" is for gamers. It does not have a positive connotation. Pretty tone deaf of them to call it a loot box.
The Loot Box doesn't bother me but the Battery Wall / solar all the way to the right is quite a nuisance if you happen to swipe too far to it.

Last edited:
It's relevant to loot boxes... which you referenced...
No, whether or not a company is behaving in the way a term is perceived is irrelevant. If I was to make an advertisement showing a minority in shackles with the catch line "You'll be a slave to our luxury", you can't defend that advertiesment by asking "Does the company sell slaves?", which is what you did by asking if Tesla is pay to play.

The term is offensive to anyone who has had to deal with gambling addiction in a gaming community, or had a child run up their credit card, etc. I just think it was a poor choice on their part to choose a term that is the cause of litigation to ban the process in many countries, because of its predatory nature.

@GrnSqrl I don't believe those are for the Refreshed 2021 S, sadly.
Oh , really?! I had signed up to be notified when the 2021 refresh product was available, and received the notification of product availability this morning. Thanks for the info.

edit: @BobbyRitz , see above. Not sure but that was the question I had asked Tech Support.

Last edited:
Duuuuddddeee soooooo happy for you! So great to see you finally get your car!🥂🍻🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋👌👌👌😁😁😁😁
Really looking forward to those 19" Dragy numbers as well!🙂
Thank you, it’s really awesome. I drove the plaid a few weeks ago with 3 people in the car at 45% soc. Driving the car at 90% Soc with only me feels violent and I love it hah.

Are these confirmed for the refresh? The link doesn't mention it.

The 4389xx i picked up yesterday was flawless except missing the trunk shelf. I'm picking up a 4392xx tomorrow, i expect it to be flawless too.
@eddiemoy Having a 4392xx myeself, I can tell you the only material issue will likely be missing truck pieces (shelf, sub-trunk false floor and left floor cubby lid).

No, whether or not a company is behaving in the way a term is perceived is irrelevant. If I was to make an advertisement showing a minority in shackles with the catch line "You'll be a slave to our luxury", you can't defend that advertiesment by asking "Does the company sell slaves?", which is what you did by asking if Tesla is pay to play.

The term is offensive to anyone who has had to deal with gambling addiction in a gaming community, or had a child run up their credit card, etc. I just think it was a poor choice on their part to choose a term that is the cause of litigation to ban the process in many countries, because of its predatory nature.
Oh I wasn't debating that it was a poor choice, it for sure was. I was more poking fun at the gamer side of it and if Tesla offered microtransactions. Totally agree on the gambling side. This is also coming from a person who does not buy loot boxes, nor has children who buys them.

Interesting that they only list the 2021 model year. I sent them an email asking to clarify that they fit the refreshed Long Range and Plaid models. Will post when I hear back.

Are these confirmed for the refresh? The link doesn't mention it.
@BobbyRitz By looking at the hole pattern, highly unlikely. And 3X over-priced. Usually, these are made in Asia and will be sold by many different companies, and many different prices. $39.99 is what they should be/will be selling for shortly by other companies (If they really are for the Refreshed S)....

Last edited: