Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD (MSM order)moved up a month due to someone in my area passing on their order. Went to look at the car today, don't know how I missed the following: the brake calipers are black and not RED, Yellow or something other than black. Disappointined. Probably a refresh update in the future.

Yes sir, that was me. Kevin and his partners at The Driveway did me up right. Installed my 20” 9.5/10.5 SV104’s, Brushed Titanium, 265/40- 295/35 Michelin PS 4S. It might be a mental thing but the lighter forged wheels did seem more nimble and responsive than the Aracnids on the way home. So the “looks” are not the only thing I like. For everyone who is Jonse-ing to know, the Arachnids and tires do fit in the back of the MS. See picture and also pic of new Signature wheels.
Brushed titanium is nice. Got brushed black 19s for winter tires, but might get titanium 21s when I replace arachnids after they get destroyed by shitty NYS highways

For those in Arizona .. My wife just showed me an article in the Phoenix paper concerning registration. EV's have been getting a big discount over gas cars for several years. My registration for the Plaid is to be $288. The rate starting in 2022 is 20 times that ... instead of 1% it goes to 20% of the retail. That is $5000, as I get close to year end my decision to wait for the white may change. Vehicle license tax formula for alternative fuel cars changing in 2022 | ADOT Arizona is one very expensive place to have a nice car.

For those in Arizona .. My wife just showed me an article in the Phoenix paper concerning registration. EV's have been getting a big discount over gas cars for several years. My registration for the Plaid is to be $288. The rate starting in 2022 is 20 times that ... instead of 1% it goes to 20% of the retail. That is $5000, as I get close to year end my decision to wait for the white may change. Vehicle license tax formula for alternative fuel cars changing in 2022 | ADOT Arizona is one very expensive place to have a nice car.
I guess they don’t like Tesla. They mention base retail price. Isn’t that “technically” $64,990? Not including add-ons? I.e. plaid is a 55k add-on? Maybe I’m reaching here.

Another one that needs the trunk aligned. When I look at a car I like to see the all of the lights and reflectors line up. Tesla seems to say as long as it's there then it can be delivered.
Yea a tiny bit but it's not too bad. I'll adjust it myself over the weekend. Member @bmt00 adjusted his a couple months ago. He explained how to do it and it looked easy enough.

My EDD (MSM order)moved up a month due to someone in my area passing on their order. Went to look at the car today, don't know how I missed the following: the brake calipers are black and not RED, Yellow or something other than black. Disappointined. Probably a refresh update in the future.
Um, that was like news from like 5 months ago, lol! 😜 🤣 And yes, many of us ordered when the Tesla website still showed the RED brake calipers and that's what we though we were getting but then just before the MS Plaids first started delivering, apparently Elon changed them to black and hence, now they're all black for the refresh MS Plaid/LR. Sometimes, Elon really doesn't know what Tesla's customers really want/like; he just does whatever he likes.

Last edited:
Impulse buy...just ordered BUT I too want to make sure they fit the "refresh" MS Plaid/LR and apparently, it's a Hong Kong company but they have a toll-free # to call BUT only after 7PM EST, lol...so I will call this evening and ask them to verify fitment for our cars! Will let you guys know for sure what they say.
RE the cf Mud Flaps for "2021 Tesla Model S" on www.taptes.com: I called a couple times now, BUT nobody answers and a message comes up saying "the person on this extension is on the other line...please leave a message." Ugh...left a voicemail message, so let's see if the rep in Hong Kong calls me back...it's already 9:15AM in Hong Kong...not sure if this is a legit company...good thing I used my AMEX for the purchase...easy to dispute the charge and get a credit. I also sent an email to them about my order...to see If they really do fit the Tesla Model S Plaid! We'll see.

Last edited:
Brushed titanium is nice. Got brushed black 19s for winter tires, but might get titanium 21s when I replace arachnids after they get destroyed by shitty NYS highways
My delivery yesterday at Mt. Kisco was flawless. One of the best experiences I've had and I even got a follow up call today to make sure my delivery experience was satisfactory. The young TA was awesome.

My delivery yesterday at Mt. Kisco was flawless. One of the best experiences I've had and I even got a follow up call today to make sure my delivery experience was satisfactory. The young TA was awesome.
I’m sure that was a pleasant surprise. I hope your ownership experience is as pleasant as the delivery. Drive your beautiful new car in good health!