Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was initially feeling the same, but after thinking about it road noise reduction is all I really wanted. They cant really cancel all noise from the outside or it would be unsafe to drive. I just want the car to be quiet while driving which is something no prior Tesla ive been in has been able to accomplish. I guess ill see when I get my car (if that feature is even enabled by then!).
The refresh is significantly quieter than any previous Model S.

True but he mentioned his car was only at 74% soc. In the video against the GT500s
No that first pass was 92%. He says it in the video. 9.26 at 151.1 with the lightweight wheels/tires. Heavier drivers have gone quicker/faster with the stock wheels/tires. I really expected pulling that much weight off would make a difference but maybe we will see improvements with more test data.

No that first pass was 92%. He says it in the video. 9.26 at 151.1 with the lightweight wheels/tires. Heavier drivers have gone quicker/faster with the stock wheels/tires. I really expected pulling that much weight off would make a difference but maybe we will see improvements with more test data.
No one has tried painting flames on the side. Amateurs.

That's weird, almost like the car is still limited electronically. My Model3 AWD+ does 3.7sec 0-60mph in the summer on its lightweight wheels and sticky rubber, and I also did exactly 3.7sec 0-60mph in the winter at -20C on the stock wheels and studded tires. It just shouldn't be.

I guess we'll see with the stock 19s if the car is slower. But Brooks definitely should have been a bit quicker with lighter wheels and wider tires.

@jebinc can you post some of yours? I know you have posted many around here in various threads.
Edit: here is a start @4SUPER9 August build - MS Plaid, w/ FSD and 19s (First Driving Impressions vs. my traded M3+)
6C147E75-4203-4BF5-8649-7BA3D7296302.jpeg

Attachments

• 4B5180A0-CFF3-4EE5-991C-9E9A04BC66F5.jpeg
    4B5180A0-CFF3-4EE5-991C-9E9A04BC66F5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • 8B88AFDA-CF7D-4C93-B0F8-A2EFF3FEA7F4.jpeg
    8B88AFDA-CF7D-4C93-B0F8-A2EFF3FEA7F4.jpeg
    837.4 KB · Views: 56
  • F40100B6-CD06-4F0B-9251-5C6BDCA2C6DD.jpeg
    F40100B6-CD06-4F0B-9251-5C6BDCA2C6DD.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 7CBD84E5-3E0A-4509-B8E4-7F18AD14C7BC.jpeg
    7CBD84E5-3E0A-4509-B8E4-7F18AD14C7BC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 8970DA74-2A26-4B13-9B0F-71A21D8F988D.jpeg
    8970DA74-2A26-4B13-9B0F-71A21D8F988D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 2187C19F-8D85-41E8-B978-F12FF55D2E8F.jpeg
    2187C19F-8D85-41E8-B978-F12FF55D2E8F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Question for the group. has anyone had any experience having their car come from another state shipped to their locate SC? What does this process entail and how long can assume it take for the car to arrive? My car is currently in Georgia and I reside in South Florida. Thanks in advance.
I don't have direct experience, but in another thread I read that Tesla has to have like 5 or 6 cars minimum that need to go from one place to another before they do a transport, so could take a while for that to happen. You are probably better off flying up to Georgia and driving it back if you want it fast.

I don't have direct experience, but in another thread I read that Tesla has to have like 5 or 6 cars minimum that need to go from one place to another before they do a transport, so could take a while for that to happen. You are probably better off flying up to Georgia and driving it back if you want it fast.
I have heard similar comments as well. I'm trying not make that long trip and put the miles on if I didn't have to. Thank S

I decided to just pay for the car in advance rather than hold out until I can inspect it (this is what we did with the M3 and there were no issues). After paying it, I realized I hadn't checked to see if I was credited the $2K for having a pre-Plaid-announcement order, and I had not. Silly me, shoulda/woulda/coulda checked before paying LOL.

So far I've spent 45 minutes on the phone without even succeeding in reaching my SA yet, and will probably give up after being on hold for the 3rd person I've been shuffled off to. I do not consider this a big deal, I'll get the $2K back eventually, but just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. The credit does not seem to just automatically get applied, or at least it didn't in my case...

EDIT (5 minutes after posting the above): Someone did pick up and I spoke with Briana who told me that they can't credit that $2K until 72 hours before pickup (???), and it should happen automatically. She suggested I check in with the SA at pickup time to make sure it's handled. Don't worry, Briana, I will! ;-)

Last edited:
For those in Arizona .. My wife just showed me an article in the Phoenix paper concerning registration. EV's have been getting a big discount over gas cars for several years. My registration for the Plaid is to be $288. The rate starting in 2022 is 20 times that ... instead of 1% it goes to 20% of the retail. That is $5000, as I get close to year end my decision to wait for the white may change. Vehicle license tax formula for alternative fuel cars changing in 2022 | ADOT Arizona is one very expensive place to have a nice car.
Not as bad as you think...

Show me the formulas​

For AFVs registered prior to Jan. 1, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV has a rate of $4 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following: For the first year, the assessed value is 1% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV. For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 15% each year. The minimum VLT for an AFV registration is $5.

For AFVs registered between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV has a rate of $4 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following: For the first year, the assessed value is 20% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV. For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 15% each year. The minimum VLT for an AFV registration is $5.

For AFVs registered after Dec. 31, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV will be calculated using the same formula used for traditional cars and trucks. The VLT has a rate of $2.80 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following:
  • For the first year, the assessed value is 60% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV.Calculating Vehicle License Tax for Alternative Fuel Vehicles
  • For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 16.25% each year and the VLT has a rate of $2.89 per $100.

I decided to just pay for the car in advance rather than hold out until I can inspect it (this is what we did with the M3 and there were no issues). After paying it, I realized I hadn't checked to see if I was credited the $2K for having a pre-Plaid-announcement order, and I had not. Silly me, shoulda/woulda/coulda checked before paying LOL.

So far I've spent 45 minutes on the phone without even succeeding in reaching my SA yet, and will probably give up after being on hold for the 3rd person I've been shuffled off to. I do not consider this a big deal, I'll get the $2K back eventually, but just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. The credit does not seem to just automatically get applied, or at least it didn't in my case...
Funny,
Im holding off final payment for the same 2K difference for FSD. I did get the $10k off, but have yet to see the $2k. My EDD is Aug 26-29. I called the only human I could reach, a SA that I've known for 6 yrs and she called over the the delivery center to find my SA is off today and my car is not ready, so hopefully tomorrow they will sort out the $2k and get me my car!!

I wonder if the heavier wheels / tires give it more traction? It seems likely it isn't weight limited but rather traction limited. Someone should try putting an extra 200lbs of weight in the trunk and see if it runs faster or slower. Could be an interesting result.

Funny,
Im holding off final payment for the same 2K difference for FSD. I did get the $10k off, but have yet to see the $2k. My EDD is Aug 26-29. I called the only human I could reach, a SA that I've known for 6 yrs and she called over the the delivery center to find my SA is off today and my car is not ready, so hopefully tomorrow they will sort out the $2k and get me my car!!
I added one more paragraph to my post above, that you probably hadn't seen yet. Apparently the $2K is supposed to get credited no more than 72 hours before delivery. Very bizarre, but I'll either be credited by the time I PU the car or I'll make sure they're dealing with it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid