Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Marcust99 The communication is terrible. I understand that the stores are busy, but have somebody answer the damn phone. I canceled my Plaid inventory purchase reservation today. I would have been satisfied if someone local at Charlotte Tesla had been able to answer a few questions. I would have bonded with photos of the orphaned Plaid. If I reserve another Tesla, it’s going to be in state. I just hope I have the resolve to wait for my Blue/Cream MSLR.

FINALLY took delivery of our red 19" Plaid yesterday! Left the Portland OR SC with 333 mile on range estimate. I can't envision using a supercharger ever again. We don't do trips and using a ICE truck for the last couple of months has killed any desire to stop anywhere to refill anything. First home charge last night stopped at 351! Not sure how we're gonna use the 1000 referral miles.

Oh yea the acceleration is beyond your imagination. Violent neck snapping is NOT and exaggeration! Did it to the wife twice on the way home. This power is not a stomp on it thing. Just like at the track you'll want to squeeze that throttle. You can squeeze it fast, just don't stomp on it. I went from 60mph to 104 in literally a blink of the eye. The yoke is easy to us but that power will take some getting used to. Chill is not an option. Kind of defeats the plaid decision. I'll change from Plaid to sport and see the difference later today.

Life is good

Congrats !! I'm loving mine as well and sport mode still feels pretty fast to me.
Happening now actually. They are calling it the E-ray. I think it will still be a hybrid and will be here in a couple of years.

Very cool for sure and a step in the right direction. Maybe a true EV Corvette in a few years.

@Marcust99 The communication is terrible. I understand that the stores are busy, but have somebody answer the damn phone. I canceled my Plaid inventory purchase reservation today. I would have been satisfied if someone local at Charlotte Tesla had been able to answer a few questions. I would have bonded with photos of the orphaned Plaid. If I reserve another Tesla, it’s going to be in state. I just hope I have the resolve to wait for my Blue/Cream MSLR.
It's so bad.

His exact txt back to me just now:

"Hi Marcus, If we convert your order to an inventory model we can not do any price adjustments and those models are at the current price book. so the 5k price increase would apply."

My San Antonio delivery:

Trade-in: upon entering SC, 2018 100D immediately connected to Tesla wifi and locked me out of my car's account. She proceeded to revert all settings to factory default - verified by me before I left the SC. Kinda creepy, but efficient. Glad I documented all personal settings and made a TeslaFi data dump before I got there.

Delivery: mine was the second Plaid delivered from this SC. Place was packed with cars and people. Staff friendly and smiley.
Competent and enthusiastic delivery tech - we found NO issues with the car. 19's with "hub caps" look much better in person than in pics.

Purchasing and delivery in Texas is not difficult - different, but not difficult.

Drive home: Plaid is quite refined compared to older S's. Fit, finish, and features well done. Impressive. Smooth roads spookily quiet. Zero wind noise. On rougher asphalt, road rumble is similar to older S's, still better than my other cars and trucks. ANC will be welcome.
UI is years ahead of anything else I've experienced. Yoke is different - for me a temporary minor irritant - ymmv.

All-black is stunning. Interior is a nicer than expected. Ride and handling are good, power is, well, you know.
Will do a long drive tomorrow and compare Plaid consumption with 100D.

Quite pleased with the car and the delivery experience - it was well worth the wait.

I stopped in at the Peabody, MA location (where I'll be taking delivery). They told me my LR is currently on its way out of CA, so it just left Fremont. We set up a delivery appt. for Sep 9th. They offered me the 7th, but I'm working all day and can't get out of that, so this gives them a bit of extra time to baby my baby, no problem...

Also, they said that refunds (my $2K) would probably be sent in the form of a check rather than an EFT credit. Fine, whatever.

Glad I've got 5 days of full-time work scheduled between now and delivery, it'll help me keep my mind from fixating on the car LOL.
@Izolman: "Glad I've got 5 days of full-time work scheduled between now and delivery, it'll help me keep my mind from fixating on the car LOL."
Will it, tho??

Nice, I take it you have sentry disabled? That's not much loss at all!
lol
It's so bad.

His exact txt back to me just now:

"Hi Marcus, If we convert your order to an inventory model we can not do any price adjustments and those models are at the current price book. so the 5k price increase would apply."
i chatted with Tesla in the website and they told me that if it’s the same car, it’s the original RNxxx price

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Took a trip to the ocean and back (8/25-8/27). Trip A reflects door to door efficiency. Imputed range of 351 per “tank”. “Not bad for a Plaid”!

D13C6DA2-D4CD-4B7C-878C-67BA65312D32.jpeg

Happening now actually. They are calling it the E-ray. I think it will still be a hybrid and will be here in a couple of years. Remains to be seen when they go complete electrification. By then the Plaid will be in the 7's....j/k
It looks kinda cool--think 2023 or so. Not sure if I have seen any plans for a pure electric Vette -- don't think GM could pull it off right now.

So...my car arrived two days ago. I was told that it might be a day, might be a week, maybe more.
I went to the store yesterday, they were polite but said they did not know if it was being prepared or not and refused to ask, very politely. Today, the third day in a row that my EDD was the same day. I called, was in a long 32 minute wait. Polite telephone answered said the car had been at the store for two days bit they had no idea if it was being prepared or not. I just tried the store again and agin was on an endless loop. I gave up after ten minutes.

Looking for something insanely fast that also has incredible handling. Also needs to be comfortable for long road trips for 2 passengers. Trunk needs to be large enough to fit one medium sized suitcase.

To me you just described the Roadster. What I also like about the Roadster is that it has a sporty look. That's important to me personally. This is not meant to speak poorly on the Plaid as it looks cool. Roadster is just next level.

lol

i chatted with Tesla in the website and they told me that if it’s the same car, it’s the original RNxxx price

I just did a chat twice and got the same answer as below

Alesia
03:23 PM
The price cannot be updated to the price of your vehicle you have on order.

Alesia
03:24 PM
The price shown is the current price listed on the order page."

Excellent. Ok so far, the Roadster actually seems to be more your style, although the Plaid is really close. The biggest issue is the 5 rating for the comfort, which I'm not sure if the Roadster will do. I will rate both cars as they will likely be, from 1 to 5.
Plaid:
Speed-5.0 until about 100 (where Roadster kicks in)
Handling- 4-4.4
Comfort - 5
Storage space- 5

Roadster:
Speed -5.0 (plus 250+ top speed)
Handling -5
Comfort- 3.5-4 to maybe 4.2
Storage space- 3.5-4

@2021plaid I think your ratings are correct. Comfort may get a higher rating for the Roadster all depends on seats and tire options.

ALSO, the Plaid with the TrackPak option might be something to consider as well.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So...my car arrived two days ago. I was told that it might be a day, might be a week, maybe more.
I went to the store yesterday, they were polite but said they did not know if it was being prepared or not and refused to ask, very politely. Today, the third day in a row that my EDD was the same day. I called, was in a long 32 minute wait. Polite telephone answered said the car had been at the store for two days bit they had no idea if it was being prepared or not. I just tried the store again and agin was on an endless loop. I gave up after ten minutes.
I've had my very best luck talking with the service folks (who are the ones doing the PDI) and asking to see my new baby. They've been way more acomidating than the sales side of the house. Perhaps is because they have to live with me throughout ownership as opposed to the sales side's sign here and we are done.