Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I haven't been in the Plaid yet unfortunately, but yes, the P100D, at least to me, felt slightly harder. Like the stomach feeling. However, that thing began to feel like a SR+ M3 after 65 to 75 mph. The Raven's power delivery was far more controlled IMO, and really smooth and continuous. I definitely liked the Raven more, especially with all of the suspension improvements and QC.
Put it this way: the P100D was 98% gut to about 65, and then started to drop off. The Raven was 95% gut, through to about 75 to 80 mph. The Raven messed with my head more. And it wasn't like the Raven didn't drop off, it just seemed to drop significantly slower, and not tumble off a cliff like the P100D.

Well I haven't been in the Plaid yet unfortunately, but yes, the P100D, at least to me, felt slightly harder. Like the stomach feeling. However, that thing began to feel like a SR+ M3 after 65 to 75 mph. The Raven's power delivery was far more controlled IMO, and really smooth and continuous. Personally, I liked the Raven more.
Can't speak for the Raven, BUT I did have an opportunity to test drive a 2020 MS-P back in March and then I drove Lolachamps MS Plaid a few weeks ago. Um, not even close. You can definitely FEEL and understand the additional 300 HP/TQ of the MS Plaid. It's violent but super smooth at the same time; violent in the sense of pulling 1.3g whether from a launch or a roll at pretty much any speed...from 20mph, 60mph, 80mph, 100mph...whatever and it just keeps pulling at the same rate and TQ. Yes, you feel it in your face, lol, and in your gut. Now, I'm talking about "Plaid" mode; can't speak for Sport mode or Chill mode. But, again, the differences between the 2020 MS-P (with about 650-670 HP/TQ) and the MS Plaid with 1,020 HP/1,050 ft-lb TQ are IMMENSE! 👍 :oops::cool:

Wow, was able to get the $2k off for FSD and move my pickup to TODAY! Picking up in 90 mins.
Their communication is absolute garbage. I had to be proactive on every single aspect of this purchase.
Kinda sucks things are not like they used to be.
Silver lining: I'm actually getting the car.
It's a 439 so hopefully no issues 🤞🏻
Congratulations! Glad you finally got your ride!!! Sweet color 😜

God damn! That paint looks so wet! Awesome. Did you go to Mr Tint?
Nice house btw.
Yep Mr Tint did an amazing job. Totally happy with it and much less than what was quoted at OCD.

E4F3F6D7-26CF-435E-83B5-CEE207049E8F.jpeg

Nah it was in Plaid, not my first rodeo so that was the first setting I changed before leaving the factory ;)

Don’t get me wrong, it accelerated hard. Just not as much as I was expecting given all the hype.

Maybe I just need a roadster 2.0 with SpaceX package 🤣

In all seriousness though, it was interesting to almost feel “torque steer” as the frontend gets super light on acceleration, and the yoke wants to yank you one way or the other. Very eerie.
I had the same concern. Mine accelerates hard but not the violent face melting that I had heard. I ended up getting a Dragy to double check that everything is working as intended. On an section of road without the best traction it ran 2.16 (1 foot) 0-60 using drag strip mode. Since I add a lot more weight to the car than I should I guess it is performing as it should. I must just be used to it. I definitely feel better after testing it.

Where do you get ceramic in the East Bay California?
I quoted OCD east bay and Mr Tint in San Jose. OCD was over $10K for ppf, paint correction, tint, ceramic. Mr Tint came in at $7100.

The end result Is awesome. Close up of the work
93D33068-6E6F-4336-BE26-B9B3C5537FAD.jpeg

Attachments

• 119A22F0-5069-41BB-86DE-3B760325D452.jpeg
    119A22F0-5069-41BB-86DE-3B760325D452.jpeg
    755.1 KB · Views: 58
So it actually was delivered. I can't believe it.
No need to discuss the acceleration etc. You all already know.
What you might be more interested in hearing is I spent over 1 hour doing a meticulous inspection.
The car has not one single flaw. It is literally perfect. The panels are straight in and out (except the rear passenger doors) But I expected that and Im ok with it too.
The VIN is 439

Late eve pics, sorry about that, but I was busy taking off the front bracket and setting everything up.

Thanks for the checklist @MarcG
Glad to hear the checklist came in handy! Congrats and really happy for you getting zero issues :)

I've had my very best luck talking with the service folks (who are the ones doing the PDI) and asking to see my new baby. They've been way more acomidating than the sales side of the house...
What a good idea! Obvious, in retrospect, although I’ve tried to avoid asking them because they are so busy. FWIW my local service has been outstanding since they opened. Not quite the exotic-style of Dania back in 2014 but better than I had with local Porsche and Jaguar dealer.
I will go there today.

Same with me - exact same plan. Only reason I got 19” over 21”s. Only good thing I can potentially see out of it is for the extra $1500 once I buy the arachnids is having a second set of rims to put winters on. (But then having second summers…)

Does anyone know if Tesla would update the graphic to the correct wheel type on the driver dashboard if someone upgrades to different Tesla rims? Current new owner interior photos seem to show what the cars came ordered with.
My Model 3 still showed the delivered graphic after I changed wheels.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For anyone interested in my 19” tire saga, attached is today’s info from post-delivery tech. No resolution yet.
I pick up today... Hopefully, but when i asked delivery person last time i went in they were sure of they were going to be all season...

O know this gets asked allot but what were name of your model so i can look it up and show them, when i go in

Reactions: EndlessPlaid