Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder when upgraded axles will be required. The stock Plaid axles have to be beefy as hell. I wonder if the Plaid and LR share the same axles?
The Plaid and LR seem to have most the same of axles and components. I would expect maybe new axles with 4680s. But then, the MS will be like 300-500 pounds lighter with the new pack, so those may not be needed. I'm sure the current ones are more than capable for how fast the 18650 Plaid will become. :)

The Plaid and LR seem to have most the same of axles and components. I would expect maybe new axles with 4680s. But then, the MS will be like 300-500 pounds lighter with the new pack, so those may not be needed. I'm sure the current ones are more than capable for how fast the 18650 Plaid will become. :)

With all the hard launching that has been going on , it's awesome to see how well the drivetrain is holding up!

I popped upgraded driveshaft shop axles on a twin turbo 350z I used to own. It was on Mickey Thompson slicks. 🙃

As folks move to drag radials someone will break them. That's the price we pay for faster traps and lower ETs.

Hello,
I have a Model S Plaid on order (since last year, battery day), and I will be taking delivery in about 10 days.
I know I've read about a $2000 rebate (possibly on FSD), and Free Supercharger use for the buyer and a buddy.

Can someone please let me know if I am correct on either of these items so that I can remind my SA that these need to be addressed?

I do appreciate the lists of things to look for at delivery.

Searching for "Rebates" in the forum don't tell me what I need to know.

Thanks in advance.

Description
Model S
Model S Plaid
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Tempest Wheels
Full Self-Driving Capability
Autopilot
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Yoke Steering

Is kind odd. My car was “born” August 17th and the earliest I could take delivery is Friday 9/3. The “in transit” seems so long esp that last leg!
I… don’t like this. It just doesn’t make any sense. What are they doing? Carrying these things the last 200 miles on the backs of mules? Is this the Oregon Trail? Do I need to check for dysenter?

For those who have received ANY OtAs, do you recall how long it was (after delivery) that you received your first update? I'm going on three weeks with no updates and am still on 2021.12.4.9....

Edit: Yes, "Advanced" is the selected setting, and has been since driving it off the lot!

Last edited:
I wonder when upgraded axles will be required. The stock Plaid axles have to be beefy as hell. I wonder if the Plaid and LR share the same axles?
From looking at the parts list, no. But that doesn't make sense to me, as I thought the dual rear motor assy. was wider than the single. But maybe they designed them to be the same.

Hello,
I have a Model S Plaid on order (since last year, battery day), and I will be taking delivery in about 10 days.
I know I've read about a $2000 rebate (possibly on FSD), and Free Supercharger use for the buyer and a buddy.

Can someone please let me know if I am correct on either of these items so that I can remind my SA that these need to be addressed?

I do appreciate the lists of things to look for at delivery.

Searching for "Rebates" in the forum don't tell me what I need to know.

Thanks in advance.

Description
Model S
Model S Plaid
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Tempest Wheels
Full Self-Driving Capability
Autopilot
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Yoke Steering
I just grabbed one of the Plaid units from the "available now" page and am way behind on all the information here. I was able to "refer" myself, but am interested in learning more about the other incentives that I might be able to take advantage of. In CA. Thanks in advance.

Is there more data on this: "$2000 rebate (possibly on FSD)" or others?

I just grabbed one of the Plaid units from the "available now" page and am way behind on all the information here. I was able to "refer" myself, but am interested in learning more about the other incentives that I might be able to take advantage of. In CA. Thanks in advance.

Is there more data on this: "$2000 rebate (possibly on FSD)" or others?

My understanding is the $2,000 rebate for FSD only applies to those that placed an order before FSD went to $10,000. Their orders were placed at a time when FSD was $8,000 and they are now switching configurations to take delivery. The rebate should not apply to a fresh order.

My understanding is the $2,000 rebate for FSD only applies to those that placed an order before FSD went to $10,000. Their orders were placed at a time when FSD was $8,000 and they are now switching configurations to take delivery. The rebate should not apply to a fresh order.
I believe what you say is correct. My Sept 2020 P+ order with $8,000 FSD was changed in May 2021 to just Plaid, and at the time I did it the Tesla person who called said they would honor my 8K price. I received a 2,000 offset 2 days before delivery via a new MVPA update, as they promised.