Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if they are ALL like that, the service center should document and send back to HQ. They'll still need to rectify the problems in the long run, so expecting a customer to accept it as is just isn't going to happen.
Totally, and I already have a DEAD Long Range at my SC, it has 35 miles on it. I guess I am the FOOL for thinking they would treat me different, they didn't even care to come outside and look, the next question was, do you want the order canceled? I said yes. I have been driving Tesla's since 2015. They don't care.

Totally, and I already have a DEAD Long Range at my SC, it has 35 miles on it. I guess I am the FOOL for thinking they would treat me different, they didn't even care to come outside and look, the next question was, do you want the order canceled? I said yes. I have been driving Tesla's since 2015. They don't care.
Wow!

Took delivery of mf439 today from atlanta DC. Car checked out perfect. Until drive home showed tpms fault. Drove maybe 30 miles more went off. Got home open passenger door. U know the side the wife was checking out. Door glass index’s when open fine but slaps the glass against the black pillar when closing. It needs about a 1/8 movement towards the front. Was hoping i could adjust myself.

Also on 19’s this car will never see the times at the track or street the 21’s are seeing. When u stab the car from a stop or even a roll the tires spin leaving black marks and traction control is struggling to keep the car straight. I come from having many high performace cars (R8, corvettes, vipers, turbo S, McLaren 570) this car’s acceleration is like non other. But traction is a major problem on the 19’s. Calling up them signature boys monday and getting some cup 2’s on this ride asap.
Cup 2’s are great tires. Would love to see how it improves 0-60 times. I thought the pilot 4S’s were good but when I slapped cup 2’s on my previous car the grip was way better!

Went to pick up my Plaid. I have to say its a big no and I will be going back to Porsche for now, and it seems like late appearances of the inventory cars are rejects, so if you get the VIN: 5YJSA1E62MF431455, be warned its not pretty:

Big paint chip on the rear fender by the window trim, paint chip on the rear bumper, trim by the drivers mirror sticking out, misaligned drivers rocker panel, as well as misaligned rear bumper. The response from the service center, "they are all like that".
Sorry you had that experience. Perhaps you could reach out to your Tesla RM in CA and find out what they can do…maybe find another MS (Plaid or LR?) with your same or similar build that doesn’t have those issues from the get-go? Just a thought but it seems most don’t have major issues and pretty much anything found at the delivery inspection should be addressed and rectified by Tesla in a timely manner. They should understand any complaint with just about anything found. But giving up…IF it’s the car you really want…doesn’t seem right either. Just my thoughts. Wish you well with whatever you decide to do! 👍🏻

I missed the post that triggered that, but what if the defect looked like a foot? Would it be bad etiquette? Just wondering if some body parts are ok and others are not. You know I always strive on being on the right side of stellar forum etiquette.
As long as you didn't call it a footlong I suppose.

A bit off topic…dropped car off for detailing and can’t get status on the App. I get a “vehicle connection error” …see attached. Was looking forward to keeping an eye on it like @AnselmDante. I googled the issue but only found two possible solutions…reboot and be within Bluetooth range, neither of which help me, since I’m out of state for a few days. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Have you tried clicking the refresh icon at the bottom?

Decided on Monday (8/23) evening I wanted the Plaid and placed an order. On the custom order screen it showed Dec - Jan for my build.

After paying the deposit it showed March, which was annoying, but then on Tuesday, 8/24, it changed to 9/16 to 9/30.

Then on Friday, 8/27, I got the VIN and EDD changed to 9/5 - 9/11!

VIN: 440XXX
Plaid, Black, 21”, Black interior with CF, FSD. Dallas, TX

Coming from an M5 Competition that’s blue and wrapped in matte PPF. May be wrapping the Plaid in matte but definitely in PPF.
Errr. Paging @Leodoc. You take new comers on the weekend?

I am, because the M3P uses rollout in it's 3.1 number.
I do the same thing, but I have yet to see a LR post a 2.9 0-60. Someone a few days ago posted a 3.4 0-60 from a Dragy. Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in holding Tesla's feet to the fire like they did with the Plaid claims.

Whats the minimum size tires we need on the 19s to prevent traction issues?
Likely like 305 or bigger on the rear. The compound may really be sucking the times out of the cars. With a different, more summery compound, the same or maybe 295 in the rear. Then it would be close to as fast as the 21s. The 21s have the big meaty tires for a reason: sub 2s to 60.🙂

Finally caught up with the posts. I missed the entire day of activity. I see I missed some shenanigans with politics. That's too bad. I do enjoy adding more idiots to my ignore list. 😂

I spent the day with my girls, and their boyfriends, enjoying the literal exact opposite of a clean, environmentally friendly, Tesla.

1E9A244D-2F8B-4505-A662-20C35B889821.jpeg

Likely like 305 or bigger on the rear. The compound may really be sucking the times out of the cars. With a different, more summery compound, the same or maybe 295 in the rear. Then it would be close to as fast as the 21s. The 21s have the big meaty tires for a reason: sub 2s to 60.🙂
Ahh interesting, have there been any studies on how that affects range? I was under the impression diameter has a big impact on range, but width not so much!

Ahh interesting, have there been any studies on how that affects range? I was under the impression diameter has a big impact on range, but width not so much!
Well I can't quote any studies per se, but anytime you increase the width or contact patch of a tire, you effectively increase its overall height as well. That's why the Plaid has 30 series sidewalls on the rears for the 295s, and 35 series sidewalls on the front for the 265s. They can go to a smaller size sidewall, and maintain the same diameter of the wheel. So, they DEFINITELY can massively affect range. Just the tires being this much wider alone shows a big improvement in efficiency, as these cars are achieving better ranges with 295s or 285s in the back, versus the pre refresh 265s or 245s.

Reactions: impastu