Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw my first Plaid in person when my wife dragged me to a "quick" trip to the mall. After waiting a bit while I gawked at the car, she said she would leave me outside and go in. I quickly said ok without looking up and thus did not realize until after she went into the mall that I made a mistake.

I got some odd looks circling and staring at and into the car but people probably assumed I was about to steal the car (or looking for something to steal inside) so no problem and I was allowed to gawk in peace. Sorry if someone on the site had to look at a fat bald old guy on your sentry mode for a while but if so, congrats on getting and enjoying your car (even at the mall).

I can't wait but will have to at least until October. Has anyone seen any demos of refreshed Model S cars at retail yet? I still want to try out the stalkless yolk even though I have convinced myself that I will get used to it.

My first day with my MSLR during a regular work day:

I finally got the chance to drive my Tesla to work, after getting it back from the detail shop yesterday evening. First of all, I have an elderly dog that can no longer stand up on his own most of the time. I've been pestering my wife to put him down for months, but she refuses to let me put him down. Because of this, I have to get up at least 4 times a night to help him up when he starts crying, or clean up after his droppings, which he also no longer controls. I only give that back story to set up what happened last night.

Usually, when I stagger out of bed to stumble over to him, make sure he is okay, and then trip my way back to the bed, I check my phone to see what time it is. I do this to get an idea of how much more sleep I get to have before the morning alarm. Last night was different. Every time he woke me up, and I checked my phone, I thought to myself "Can I get up to drive my car? NO!, I have to go back to bed!" Needless to say, it's been a long time since it felt like Christmas morning.

I pulled out of my driveway and rolled to the end of my street. Before merging onto the road for my commute, I pushed the mic button and said "Play Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue". Off I went. When I got to the freeway I had to remember to control myself. This thing accelerates so fast and smoothly I keep finding myself needing to slow down again. I pulled up along side a newer convertible white Corvette. I paused for a second, but he did not have any interest in playing this morning, so I moved on. About 5 minutes later a beat up Subaru was in the fast lane in front of me. He passed the car next to us, changed lanes, then rolled down his window to give me a thumbs up.

At work, everyone kept asking if I drove it here. Our facilities manager asked to take a look at the car. He walked around taking photos, so I offered to go for a quick drive. We went to a straight stretch of road with no traffic. I came to a dead stop and then punched it. He was flabbergasted. I pointed out that we just hit 80 when I hit the brakes and he couldn't believe it. He told me it was by far the fastest car he has even been in. A lot of his friends are always dumping on Tesla and he plans to set them straight.

For lunch I went for takeout at a local pizza shop. When I pulled up out front, several of the teen boys scrambled to lean over the counter to see the car. I soaked in all the oooh's and ahh's and answered a flurry of questions while completing my order. I couldn't stop smiling. 😁

When I returned to work, a coworker rolled his window down and flagged me down as I passed him. He was visibly excited and asked if he could check it out later today. I said absolutely. I have a few more test drives happening today. I love watching the reaction of people who have never sat in a Tesla. It's like they are viewing some kind of alien technology. This is going to be entertaining for at least a few weeks. Somehow I suspect someone here, who makes a lot more than I do, will end up with a Plaid on the lot by next year. Then I will be the one begging for a test drive.
Your Day-1 writeup will help sustain everyone who is still waiting... thanks for sharing!

Was watching the RichRebuilds episode where they lightly take apart a Plaid to look around. Not only the interior is new, but the suspension, cooling, battery pan, and pretty much everything aside from the tail lights & headlights are new, haha. There's not much (aside from 4680s) they can change that hasn't already been changed...

The headlights.

Very few Model S cars. Some of them have the paper hanging in the rear window that says “Best Fit” addressing the alignment of panels including the hood that has been a huge issue.
Huh? Nearly every Model S I have seen has the front bra to protect the bumper. Which is what I think @boonedocks was referring to.

@boonedocks I found this in the lot in Birmingham when I was flying over it today. There were a couple with that color scheme.

View attachment 703260

Here's the whole video:
Great video. For viewers, make sure to click the settings lower right to change to 4k quality. Might want to select the .25 speed as well. But nice video. Im guessing one of the Mavics

I am in the same date crap as you!

TESLA STOP IGNORING CANADIAN CUSTOMERS! WE HAVE A LUXURY TAX COMMING IN THE NEW YEAR! MANY WILL CANCEL!

I agree!

If you haven’t already, write to the “consultation” email and push back - I’d like to quash the tax entirely, but I think a realistic objective might be to have EVs exempted. If enough of us write in, maybe it will happen!

So based on everyone’s encouragement, I called Tesla again. I was informed that my car wasn’t at Birmingham, nor had it left there:, rather, my car was on its way to Birmingham on a truck from Arma-something Texas.

The person I talked to suggested the person my wife talked to earlier simply was inexperienced at reading, um, words.

so there you go.
Probably Amarillo, up from San Anton.

It’s what I’ve been using for awhile. Stays securely fastened and removes in seconds.
NICE! Some of the time, I hate CA (most of the time, actually) F'ers!
According to www.ticketsnipers.com:
A License Plate Display Failure ticket will cost you $196 and Up in fines plus $1,000+ in insurance hikes and penalties. Although the state of California issues two license plates for most vehicles, many vehicle owners choose not to install one of them on their front bumper.

NICE! Some of the time, I hate CA (most of the time, actually) F'ers!
According to www.ticketsnipers.com:
A License Plate Display Failure ticket will cost you $196 and Up in fines plus $1,000+ in insurance hikes and penalties. Although the state of California issues two license plates for most vehicles, many vehicle owners choose not to install one of them on their front bumper.
California does not have primary enforcement on the front plate--if you get dinged by the cops, it is because they already stopped you for something else. The folks that do primary enforcement are the parking enforcement and they can/will ticket you. My front plate stays in my frunk unless I am street parking in the Bay Area.

California does not have primary enforcement on the front plate--if you get dinged by the cops, it is because they already stopped you for something else. The folks that do primary enforcement are the parking enforcement and they can/will ticket you. My front plate stays in my frunk unless I am street parking in the Bay Area.
What is your method of attachment, when needed?