Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1E682F30-DEDB-4988-A36E-0A54C2A06133.jpeg

Seeking Midnight Silver Metalic Tesla for all night fun. Ill keep you charged up all night. Im so lonely and cant wait to form a long term relationship with you. For inquiries, note my RN 14758. You know you want to put your 14 50 deep inside of me. Hurry, Ive been waiting since Aprli and really need you.

I just put it on the dash when parked in a public lot. Only been ticketed twice for no front plates twice in 30 years. Both times at LAX. Both times forgot to put it up.

When they were talking about transferring us here 30 years ago from upstate NY, I drove around for a few days exploring trying to decide. On my last day, I called my mom on a pay phone and said ‘I get it now’. I was just on the beach watching the sunset in Santa Monica. Permanent home base here ever since.
Was it actually the sun setting or was the orange glow results of the forest fires?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Why keep the the old dinosaur engine and put some e motors in doesnt make any sense.
I agree. However, I think while batteries are in short supply, and GM is trying to get the Lyriq and Hummer EV out the door, as well as the E Silverado, it helps them transition slowly. I don't think a full EV 'Vette is far behind though... maybe 2 years.

I just put it on the dash when parked in a public lot. Only been ticketed twice for no front plates twice in 30 years. Both times at LAX. Both times forgot to put it up.

When they were talking about transferring us here 30 years ago from upstate NY, I drove around for a few days exploring trying to decide. On my last day, I called my mom on a pay phone and said ‘I get it now’. I was just on the beach watching the sunset in Santa Monica. Permanent home base here ever since.
Great story. Your dating yourself with the payphone...but I've been there. I can't find a good hotel in SM. I like the Proper Hotel but its far off the beach. Have stayed at several on the beach but felt a bit touristy. Felt more at home at the Ritz in MDR. let me know any suggestions.

I agree. However, I think while batteries are in short supply, and GM is trying to get the Lyriq and Hummer EV out the door, as well as the E Silverado, it helps them transition slowly. I don't think a full EV 'Vette is far behind though... maybe 2 years.
I mean Ferrari did something like this with LaFerrari. I think it mostly means they don't have the technology stack to deliver a pure EV that would satisfy the Corvette faithful.

I mean Ferrari did something like this with LaFerrari. I think it mostly means they don't have the technology stack to deliver a pure EV that would satisfy the Corvette faithful.
Ferrari originally did the LaFerrari as a hybrid purely for the performance benefit, along with a NA V12 for sound experience, which is what their VIP clientele wanted at that time. Apparently, they still aren't a huge fan of EVs, as they love producing lightweight cars, but I imagine their customers are requesting an EV now. I honestly still expect the LaFerrari successor to be lower displacement TT V12 w/ a hybrid boost, with their first EV being around SF90 speed.
Regarding the 'Vette, I totally agree. There would be way too many compromises in an EV 'Vette right now, and battery constraints are big fact also I think.

#FirstWorldProblems
I found the first two things that are annoying me with my Tesla.

1. When I open a door, the audio decreases to a low volume. In most scenarios, it does not return to the previous levels, and I have to readjust the audio. My wife and I sat in the garage trying every sub menu to set audio options. We found a 5 channel equalizer, a cabin speaker balance adjustment, and a volume control. For a company that prides itself on software, they leave the owner very little as far as customization. Is there a setting I am missing? If they are FORCING me to readjust audio every time I open a door, that is some BS. I should decide what my volume is when I open a door, or if I want it to auto mute.

2. The silver trim on the dash is a massive distraction. Because of its high reflectivity, it ends up reflecting a bright line straight up both windows in front of the side view mirrors. Maybe no one else is bothered by it, but it constantly catches my eye, and then takes me a moment to process what I am seeing.

Anyhow, #FirstWorldProblems

1. When I open a door, the audio decreases to a low volume. In most scenarios, it does not return to the previous levels, and I have to readjust the audio
If I recall correctly (been almost three months since selling my car), there is no setting to turn off the "lowering volume" when the door opens. It however should return to the previous volume when the doors shut and there is seat detection. This sounds like software issues (like everything else). Or possible a bad seat sensor? I know there has been a few reports of people getting their seat sensor replaced and fixing various other issues (ha).
2. The silver trim on the dash is a massive distraction. Because of its high reflectivity, it ends up reflecting a bright line straight up both windows in front of the side view mirrors. Maybe no one else is bothered by it, but it constantly catches my eye, and then takes me a moment to process what I am seeing.
Talking about the piece between the wood and colored interior piece (sure there is a proper name somewhere)? Definitely could see how if the sun catches that just right, it would bounce the reflection into your face. In fact, people have complained about catching the glare off the white interior bar that spans the length of the dash of the 3 and Y.

I got tired of waiting on my MSLR and bought a Mustang Mach e about a month ago. I thought I would cancel my MS order. At the same time I ordered an EQS thinking that it would be about 2 years to delivery.

I didn’t cancel my MS order and I’m taking delivery on Friday. And I’ve been notified the EQS is in production and I can expect delivery in 6-8 months, much sooner than I expected.

The EQS looks like a very nice car. I’m more interested in comfort and range than performance and the EQS looks like it meets those expectations.

The Mach e has been a pleasant surprise. It is not a performance vehicle but it is comfortable and fun to drive.

I’m really looking forward to driving the MS. I know it’s too much for an old guy like me but I like the range and I’m anxious to see how comfortable it is. Ditto for the EQS.

Tesla is undoubtedly the EV leader. But real competition is coming sooner than most folks think.

Last edited: