Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
L
At the request of my SA, I submitted data and pics of my 2020 Model Y LR for a Trade-in Valuation. It was delivered in May 2020 and has less than 3600 miles on it with no dents, dings or scratches. Original cost $56,290 including MSM, black and white interior, destination and documentation, but excluding taxes, fees, and license.

Just got the Trade-In credit from Tesla - $44,000. About 78% of the original cost after 15 months. Thoughts?

Vistan
Definitely shop this...you can do much better even on eBay. That is a red-hot vehicle at the moment and worth considerably more than $44,000. Come to think of it, I'd give $45,000 in a second, and expect to turn a profit.

At the request of my SA, I submitted data and pics of my 2020 Model Y LR for a Trade-in Valuation. It was delivered in May 2020 and has less than 3600 miles on it with no dents, dings or scratches. Original cost $56,290 including MSM, black and white interior, destination and documentation, but excluding taxes, fees, and license.

Just got the Trade-In credit from Tesla - $44,000. About 78% of the original cost after 15 months. Thoughts?

Vistan
Yes. My thoughts are to do like I (and many others) have done: Take lots of pretty pics of your car, post ads on Ebay (not auction, fixed price) and Craigslist, and most likely within days? Receive legit offers for thousands of dollars more.

Thats what I did with my 2017 Model S a couple months ago. I received more for it than I paid for it in 2019.

Just got one quote...they don't sell the AL-P system as a stand-alone; only do the entire Radenso system BUT he said the following:

1. This guy has been doing this for the past 15 years here in South Florida and agreed with me that at least here in South Florida, it's very RARE for Police to use their laser guys to check speed from the REAR of a car; almost always from the front with oncoming cars, so a rear sensor is likely NOT needed.
2. He told me that I just need: AL-P system with 3 regular sensors in front w/ CPU – hifi wired controller w/ external speaker, Bluetooth, & GPS antenna….this system setup on alpriorityusa.com is $1,539.70 and that I can simply buy it on alpriortyusa.com and bring it to his shop for installation.
3. Labor charges for installation (approx 4-5 hours) would be approx $500. So I'm looking at like $2k or so for everything including installation.
Anyone know if the AL-P TX sensor is needed for our Tesla MS Plaids? I guess the new TX sensor has it's advantages BUT it also needs to sit at least 20" off the ground and in the middle, so I'm not sure if it's even possible with the MS? The guy at my local shop basically said that the 3-sensor (regular sensors) setup in the front of the Tesla MS Plaid works great, but I just wanted other opinions. I want to make sure I order the correct system. Many thanks!

Anyone know if the AL-P TX sensor is needed for our Tesla MS Plaids? I guess the new TX sensor has it's advantages BUT it also needs to sit at least 20" off the ground and in the middle, so I'm not sure if it's even possible with the MS? The guy at my local shop basically said that the 3-sensor (regular sensors) setup in the front of the Tesla MS Plaid works great, but I just wanted other opinions. I want to make sure I order the correct system. Many thanks!
I would ping the guys at ALPriorityusa.com they are the distributors and know their stuff. I think the 20" limitation was a hard rule on the prior version of the TX sensor (may have been called the blue or green version) but the new "Black" version has been seen good results lower than that (down to 7" from ground). I dont have personal experience with the TX sensor as I only had the two regular heads on my Model S and that worked great. I may add a TX once I get my refresh in.

Oh I agree the 21's look way better. Plus I couldn't justify putting hubcaps on the most expensive car I have ever owned. But I definitely made a mistake. The summer tires are going to kill me in about 3 months.

That’s okay tho. Reading your posts…..I don’t think your tires will last 3 months 🤣😂😉

Mine as pictured are 12” off the ground, in case you wanted to know

5941F4F7-D3B1-43B7-997A-FE883608D2C2.jpeg

Monkey was at dinner - should be back to work by now.

Does EZ Pass work on the windshield of your current S ? I had to mount on my front license plate of my prior S.
Probably need to do the same with the refresh but not sure.
Placing the device /stickers on the lower right side of passenger side (shown in manual) workd for my Sunpass and parking, but I have not yet tested the EZ Pass. I am sure it will work because the others do.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK basic question and not really worth its own thread but, after configuring and "ordering" I had to leave the process in the middle of it where it says payment. It feels weird to just leave the order in the middle of a page, but is that how it's done? I did get an order #. WIll I still get a VIN without any payment info? I feel like there should be a sticky for the ordering steps...

Placing the device /stickers on the lower right side of passenger side (shown in manual) workd for my Sunpass and parking, but I have not yet tested the EZ Pass. I am sure it will work because the others do.
Where is this at in the manual? I can’t find it. Also, do you mean lower right corner of windshield or right side of rear view mirror? Right side of rear view mirror is where they were supposed to go in my old MS.

Tomorrow is D-Day in Dallas! I’m so damn excited! I have not idea how the hell I’m going to get to sleep tonight, and I have to drive our Mustang trade 228 miles to Dallas to pick up our Plaid, then drive back to Houston. (long story, later) I like a road trip, so that’ll be fun and I have the rest of the week off. Hope to get to the quarter mile (HRP) to get a pass in before they boot me. I’ll get some more draggy data on these 19s too.

Wish me luck.

Vistan
Try Carmax or Carvanna to see what they would offer. Or list the car in the for sale section in TMC marketplace. Worked for me.