Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a similar situation. I have a second plaid due in Friday. I own a msm now thst I have a buyer for , and this one would be in my first color choice, white. I also have a white Lr due October.

Honestly if the lr was here now I’d likely just get it and be happy, and stick $60k back in my pocket.

I’ve kind of made up my mind that if the car comes Friday and isn’t just about perfect I’ll refuse it and save the $ and take my LR.

I’ve considered taking the plaid until the Lr comes but I feel like the market is starting to soften on the plaid and probably would take a bath on it in 2 months.
This exactly is my conundrum. If it were perfect, without the ripped carpet and Yoke issue may be I would be more attached. Throwing that much more extra money for an imperfectly delivered car at that price point just isn’t sitting with me. If I let it go I would lose ~10K sales tax.

I think they installed a subwoofer OTA in 2021.32.5. DEFINITELY sounds better.

View attachment 704190
I can’t believe they did this.
I spent an hour on the phone with Reus audio today.
I’m 95% going to pull the trigger on the upgrade.
It’s supposed to blow my socks off.
this new sub slider actually adds substantial bass.
It sounds even more amazing.

This exactly is my conundrum. If it were perfect, without the ripped carpet and Yoke issue may be I would be more attached. Throwing that much more extra money for an imperfectly delivered car at that price point just isn’t sitting with me. If I let it go I would lose ~10K sales tax.
And lose $10k on the quickest production car ever to move to another car that will lose another chunk of change over time. This instead of waiting for Tesla to repair it at no charge. And it’s because it’s extra money…but that money is already spent and the LR will depreciate, or at best you would lose your tax. Again.

Wait, what?

Sounds like you really don't want it that much, so the decision seems to be a pretty easy one. For what it is worth, I sure like having mine, but my opinion is only valid for me, as is yours for you. No one can really help you here, but you can find someone to validate whichever decision you make if that helps :)

I have 32.5 in the Plaid and don’t see this “sub” slider at all. EAP only?

LR all the way, FTW!
I say take the deal, but get your cheap-ass friend to make you whole. Then invest the difference in TSLA shares and buy the PLAID nx yr using your gains {& the $ from LR sale}. 😀
BTW, do you guys ever sleep? Oc, not meaning @2021plaid, cuz he's a bot.

LR all the way, FTW!
I say take the deal, but get your cheap-ass friend to make you whole. Then invest the difference in TSLA shares and buy the PLAID nx yr using your gains {& the $ from LR sale}. 😀
Love the stock recommendations! $TSLA FTW!

And something just for you, @neadams99!
I've said this before, but: The whole damn thread towards me:

Attachments

• gobot-transformer-memes.jpg
    gobot-transformer-memes.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 54
LR all the way, FTW!
Ever since the 10-Aug Tesla Apology Email (immediately followed by constantly shifting EDDs), and finding a bunch of idiots like me on this thread that are just as obsessed as I am…. No… I haven’t slept.

One tidbit after poking around in the dyntotest mode yesterday: the car has two subwoofers, so lots of potential there, depending on what the unlock, especially in concert with the ANC.

So it looks like the “Pirelli Elect 19 inchers are all seasons” seems to be spreading. I spoke to someone at the Alpharetta (Atlanta) service center yesterday and they said the same thing.

must not know about DOT ratings (those M+S things) :). Unless… they’re mixing a higher wear rating with all seasons.

by the way, where do you buy pirelli elects? Can’t see them on the usual sites

So it looks like the “Pirelli Elect 19 inchers are all seasons” seems to be spreading. I spoke to someone at the Alpharetta (Atlanta) service center yesterday and they said the same thing.

must not know about DOT ratings (those M+S things) :). Unless… they’re mixing a higher wear rating with all seasons.

by the way, where do you buy pirelli elects? Can’t see them on the usual sites
So, even though people said summer they are really All-Seasons? That does not make sense.