Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI: The wall connector (HPWC) is now 24' only - Wall Connector - 24 ft

It figures as I just had mine installed. Bought the 18' connector last year and it had been sitting in the box since then. I'm a procrastinator and part of me didn't believe I would ever get my car. My MS was delivered on Monday so installed this 18' wall connector on Tuesday. I ordered the 24' and will swap it out so eBay is going to have a used 18' version soon.

They ****ed up for people like me though. I have no idea how the timelines are going to come together like this, but I'm still projected to get my model s in late October/November, but, Rivian has started their test driving program and I'll be able to drive one of those first. If that car is built well then that's the way I'm going, even if it is another year wait (probably go with a model 3 in the meantime). Tesla just rubbing me the wrong way all around

@lindell26 - wait, you got a plaid order in a month? LOL.
Yep, assuming they don't back out of the 09/09 appointment, it'll be 5 weeks from the time I ordered. I was very surprised as well.

Would someone mind measuring the width for the middle seating position in the backseat? I’m trying to see if a booster seat will fit without overlapping the buckles like it does on the Y. Attached is an example of what I’m trying to figure out.

Attachments

• 802D068A-B92D-49A6-96C8-F69EFECE55D9.jpeg
    802D068A-B92D-49A6-96C8-F69EFECE55D9.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: impastu
Just got word from my Operations Advisor that my car arrived at the Chicago railway yesterday and should arrive at the SC tomorrow. He said if it arrives early tomorrow then he'll do what he can so that I can pick it up tomorrow!
Update - car was supposed to arrive from the railway to my SC 4 hours ago, but it’s still sitting in the railway.

I made friends with one of the guys at the Tesla call center and he gave me his direct extension. He said I can call as many times as I want today and he’ll ping the car’s location for me.

Got a vin# 441
ordered 2/2/21. RN 11445
MSLR 19” wheels Blk/Blk FSD
edd 9/15. 9/22.
TN delivery
thats all folks.
CONGRATS! kinda bums me out though, when i see Tesla delivering (finally) LongRanges with 19" wheels and I am still sitting on my thumbs waiting. My order was on their books before there was even a rumor of a Refresh. Ordered 11/23. Resv# 1142xxxx. At least i finally have an EDD (Oct 9 to 29). Only thing i can think is because i changed a couple items at various times (extr color first, and later chnged interior color). Was told my place in line wouldn't change, and my Recv # never changed.
Waiting for : MS-LR, white/white/ 19" / FSD. Wash DC region.

What the what? I checked this morning and there have been no changes for weeks (EDD Dec 4 - 24). Then I get an email to pay off the car. I got a MF437 VIN. Anything of note with those? EDD is today through 9/6. Going to reach out to my SA.
I know what this is....

This was an invitation not only to pay off the car, but also an invite to the club.

Ordered 5+ months after me. I hate you.

Congrats you SOB

FYI: The wall connector (HPWC) is now 24' only - Wall Connector - 24 ft

It figures as I just had mine installed. Bought the 18' connector last year and it had been sitting in the box since then. I'm a procrastinator and part of me didn't believe I would ever get my car. My MS was delivered on Monday so installed this 18' wall connector on Tuesday. I ordered the 24' and will swap it out so eBay is going to have a used 18' version soon.
Can you buy just the 24’ cord and retrofit to replace the 18’ , or no? That would be awesome if you could. I could use the extra 6’. (Cue @AnselmDante 😀).

Yep, assuming they don't back out of the 09/09 appointment, it'll be 5 weeks from the time I ordered. I was very surprised as well.
Nothing to be surprised there. There are several people on this forum and outside of here who received their Plaids in less than a month. Some, even in a matter of days. It all depends on if you're willing to pay 10k price increase and get a generic config like ext: white/black/blue and interior: black/cream with wood trim (CF doesn't seem like the hold up now). As long as you get the above mentioned config and order a Plaid you will get your car in less than a month, no ifs or buts about it. They do have plenty of rejects that have been fixed and added to the inventory not long ago. If you happened to order before the price hike and had white interior then you're screwed. Simple as that.