Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really needed it in a hurry yesterday. By instinct I pressed the airbag center of the yoke. By the time I remembered the horn button it was too late. This is the only serious problem with the yoke IMO.
When I first got my Tesla, I found that going for the horn meant I opened my sunroof or I skipped tracks on whatever I was listening to. It took me over a year to stop doing that (I rarely honk the horn, I guess). Ill be interested to see how the muscle memory works here.

Just picked her up - she’s GORGEOUS. Not a single issue at all that I’ve noticed and I followed the entire checklist provided by @MarcG. No panel gaps and weather strip is perfectly aligned. The only thing missing was the rear trunk cover, but they said it’d be shipped out to me.

Will do a more thorough inspection after I get home, just didn’t want to leave you guys hanging!

One thing I noticed is that the roof let’s in WAY more heat, so i shall be getting it tinted!

B4A8605D-0CD9-473B-A333-055A3FCD7092.jpeg

Attachments

• BB4A84CD-A99D-4685-A2DC-F52A1C1A37FF.jpeg
    BB4A84CD-A99D-4685-A2DC-F52A1C1A37FF.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 68
  • 3E887881-5CF2-4CA3-A36C-4A419665103D.jpeg
    3E887881-5CF2-4CA3-A36C-4A419665103D.jpeg
    647.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 8DC35632-2F43-48C9-82C5-351E03B64D42.jpeg
    8DC35632-2F43-48C9-82C5-351E03B64D42.jpeg
    568.3 KB · Views: 60
Just picked her up - she’s GORGEOUS. Not a single issue at all that I’ve noticed and I followed the entire checklist provided by @MarcG. No panel gaps and weather strip is perfectly aligned. The only thing missing was the rear trunk cover, but they said it’d be shipped out to me.

Will do a more thorough inspection after I get home, just didn’t want to leave you guys hanging!

One thing I noticed is that the roof let’s in WAY more heat, so i shall be getting it tinted!

View attachment 705925
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! 😁

Few updates to my delivery, yesterday i was super disheartened when my delivery shifted from 9/4-9/18 all the way out to 10/13-11/2... but i woke up today with a 9 day window from 9/20-9/29! hopefully i get some more good news soon!
Same. Had a Sept EDD at first, then had it pushed to October and now it’s Sept 24-30th

View attachment 705925
That is Gorgeous. Makes me second guess my 🦚 Blue.

Last edited:
I find myself checking my Tesla account a lot more often now. EDD holding steady, still showing a November 2-22 delivery time frame.
You know what burns my toast? Checking your date is a TWO STEP PROCESS if I'm on my phone or laptop.

You have to (1) click the bookmark, and (2) once the page loads, SCROLL DOWN to reveal the date. Meanwhile, there's a mile of white space around the car image. Don't these people know that if someone is pulling up this sheet, it's 99% to get the date, and so the mothertrucking date should be right at the damn top of the page?

Elon, if you're listening: the best scroll is no scroll.

I added this to the 2021 S LR thread not realizing that thread was for long range models only. Putting it in this thread to help people that are still waiting and/or considering pulling the trigger.
----------------

My info for another data point. When I ordered mine, folks online had already figured out there were two things slowing orders down, white interior and 19" wheels. I avoided those hoping for a faster delivery. By faster I assumed Dec/Jan vs Mar/Apr. Little did I know I'd have a VIN 3 weeks after placing my order.
  • Placed order 08/04
  • EDD jumped all over the place for ~2 weeks, then stopped moving
  • After EDD didn't move for 3 days in a row I got a VIN on 08/23
  • EDD was set at 09/04-09/10
  • On 09/02 called Tesla to track the car to get a better idea of delivery. Was told the car would be in town on 09/07
  • Set delivery appointment for 09/09. I was told they want at least 48 hours with the car to go over it before delivery

Order details:
  • White Plaid
  • Black interior with carbon fiber
  • 21" wheels
  • FSD

My experience aligns with others. When my EDD stopped jumping around, I had a VIN a few days later.
you might want to call them back, dollars to donuts your date slipped

Yep you can just cover all the buttons on the right side as noted in the owner's manual, or just push all the buttons on the right side with a hard press with the heel of your hand, with the same force you'd hit the horn in a normal car, and that works too. (If you're lucky, you don't also turn on the windshield washers and/or activate the microphone).

View attachment 705966
On the way back from the SC someone pulled out right in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes. I needed to use the horn, but I couldn’t find the button, by the time I found the button it was too late haha. I lightly tapped it but I guess I should’ve hard pressed it.

you might want to call them back, dollars to donuts your date slipped

Apparently, tons of east coast deliveries en route have been stopped due to "inclement weather".

If you got a delivery date prior to 72 hours ago, and are on the east coast, you might want to call and get an update, because my car was supposed to be delivered to me on 9/12 and now it's been pushed back 10 days.
Since it's supposed to be at the Nashville SC tomorrow, I may just swing by and ask them if it's there.
Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 2.54.16 PM.png