Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First you should call Tesla and find out where your car is. They can 'ping' your car and see its gps location. Once it is at the delivery center you can go there and schedule your delivery assuming it is not too far away. If too far to pop in on them you should call Tesla and ask to schedule your delivery date. the key is knowing where your car is and when it will arrive at the delivery location.
You don't have to go there to schedule it. Mine was scheduled by a Tesla rep that didn't even work at that SC. Once your car arrives, the Tesla rep who verifies it can set you up.

I would reach out to the SC once you have your appointment. I needed a check for the DMV that is a state specific issue. Because I did not talk with the SC, I did not know about that check.

White interiors are coming!
My delivery date just updated--Estimated Delivery: October 17 - November 06
Same here. Mine moved 13 days closer to Oct 8 - Oct 28. Glad to see the dates inching closer across the board, hopefully it means the supply constraint is clearing.

I asked a couple of days ago on the Winter Tires thread but crickets over there. Anyone who bought a spare set of wheels for winter tires, would you please let me know what TPMS you ordered if independent of Tesla? Tesla won't sell me TPMS without VIN (which will come November) but my Signature wheels arrive next week (and tires already here), so I want to get them installed and balanced and put away for safe keeping until first snow.

thanks in advance

Same here. Mine moved 13 days closer to Oct 8 - Oct 28. Glad to see the dates inching closer across the board, hopefully it means the supply constraint is clearing.
Happy news! Now, if only they'd get going on the MS LRs. We "losers/ cheap-skates" don't deserve any Tesla love, I guess.

I asked a couple of days ago on the Winter Tires thread but crickets over there. Anyone who bought a spare set of wheels for winter tires, would you please let me know what TPMS you ordered if independent of Tesla? Tesla won't sell me TPMS without VIN (which will come November) but my Signature wheels arrive next week (and tires already here), so I want to get them installed and balanced and put away for safe keeping until first snow.

thanks in advance
The TPMS modules are noted as OTC parts with no VIN required in the EPC:

1631047045821.png

I believe you need to use the official Tesla TPMS BLE modules as there is no 3rd-party alternative.

Yes. Those are the actual names of the wheels themselves. The caps are what's called Tempest AFAIK.
Okay, so if winter rolls around, and I cannot find an affordable aftermarket rim, it looks like I can buy the tempest wheels, hubs, valves, and tires for about $3100.

This also means the true cost of Arachnids is about $7600.

thanks in advance
Yeah just order them from Tesla. Try a different person or SC. My SC had them in stock...you can contact parts through the app, give them the part numbers, make sure they are for a 2021 refresh. The plastic body of the sensors will be dark blue, NOT black. If they hand you black ones, refuse them and ask for the blue ones. The part numbers @omarsultan listed are correct. Be sure to order the correct color too.

Okay, so if winter rolls around, and I cannot find an affordable aftermarket rim, it looks like I can buy the tempest wheels, hubs, valves, and tires for about $3100.

Yup. That is always a great option. OEM is always better IMHO.
Regarding the Arachnids, I would not be surprised if that price was coming in part from the apparent noise cancelation that these wheels and tires are offering. Bigger wheels being quieter than smaller ones are a big deal.

thanks in advance
If there's no way around needing a VIN, just send me a message and you can use mine.

You don't have to go there to schedule it. Mine was scheduled by a Tesla rep that didn't even work at that SC. Once your car arrives, the Tesla rep who verifies it can set you up.

I would reach out to the SC once you have your appointment. I needed a check for the DMV that is a state specific issue. Because I did not talk with the SC, I did not know about that check.
I called the main Tesla number around 6pm this past Friday and they scheduled my delivery.

Someone recently posted about selling their 19s for a very good price but I don't remember who and how much lol..
I replied "that's a very good price"