Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG could not agree with you more! I got deja vu! It was like what am I watching? Top Gear, or Edmunds? That while fake sick thing! And THEN, the whole "only for millionaires" crap, yeah THAT’S THE POINT THAT IT'S NOT for hyper rich people only. Clearly one of the *insert kind or not so kind word* people who simply can't get it through their heads how awesome the fact that this car exists is! ONLY FOR MARKETING?!!?!???!! What are they gonna say about the Lucid Air Tri-Motor, or the 2024 Dodge EV?! They are going to rave on and on, and *sugar* on Tesla’s interiors while they do it! I hate to get mad on this forum, and this likely the last time that I will show it on here, but man that's just BAADDD. Edmunds taking the unfair click bait media approach. 🤬🤬🤬🙂🙂🙂🙂
It is definitely not on @Tex EV level content creating for why you should not have a Plaid.

I called the main Tesla number around 6pm this past Friday and they scheduled my delivery.
Thanks for this info. When you initially called them, did you know your car had arrived at the SC, or did you ask them to ping it, then once they said it had arrived, you asked them to schedule delivery?

Thanks!

I asked a couple of days ago on the Winter Tires thread but crickets over there. Anyone who bought a spare set of wheels for winter tires, would you please let me know what TPMS you ordered if independent of Tesla? Tesla won't sell me TPMS without VIN (which will come November) but my Signature wheels arrive next week (and tires already here), so I want to get them installed and balanced and put away for safe keeping until first snow.

thanks in advance
Same issue and I bought from here (arrived in a few days)

Self aggrandizing DBag.

Sorry, that was just twenty minutes of my life I'll never get back.
It's just his relatively strong negative opinion.

Numbers are great (a) fastest car ever tested (but not 1.9 seconds fast because same thing everyone points out AND this will get a lot of drivers into real trouble because it's too fast?), (b) skidpad the same as a M5 but we all "know" from his car sick run around the track based opinion that it's really crap and doesn't "feel" anything like the ultimate driving machine (maybe Tesla needs a PR/ marketing department to improve his opinion), and (c) likely causes car sickness or something from his single run and without similar reports from others but Edmunds decides to spend a few minutes of their review commenting about it and then perhaps blaming it on the fact that it's because you don't hear the familiar loud rumble of a fast ICE car (so speed without the smell and sound of petrol = car sickness?).

The bit about it being more dangerous because it's too fast for a sedan and speed like this should be limited to real sports cars is also a bit ridiculous considering the praise heaped on the Audi RS7 a 4800 pound German sedan that does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, has a 1.0 skidpad and brakes from 60-0 in 107 feet (all remarkably similar to the numbers mentioned during the video review of the Plaid except for the slower 0-60 time). But, we have to remember that the reviewer got car sick because of the Tesla.

Oh well, it's just one person's rather strong opinion which some will disagree with. That being said, if the review dampens demand and gets me my car faster, glass half full.

Rage! Genuinely don’t know what happened got out of the car after driving this afternoon and found this. Must have run over something in one of the bajillion construction zones around here. That piece of concrete pierced all the way through the sidewall and damaged the rim. I can’t believe that tire is still holding air. Ugh.View attachment 706438
Hazards of driving in a war zone I supposed?

It's just his relatively strong negative opinion.

Numbers are great (a) fastest car ever tested (but not 1.9 seconds fast because same thing everyone points out AND this will get a lot of drivers into real trouble because it's too fast?), (b) skidpad the same as a M5 but we all "know" from his car sick run around the track based opinion that it's really crap and doesn't "feel" anything like the ultimate driving machine (maybe Tesla needs a PR/ marketing department to improve his opinion), and (c) likely causes car sickness or something from his single run and without similar reports from others but Edmunds decides to spend a few minutes of their review commenting about it and then perhaps blaming it on the fact that it's because you don't hear the familiar loud rumble of a fast ICE car (so speed without the smell and sound of petrol = car sickness?).

The bit about it being more dangerous because it's too fast for a sedan and speed like this should be limited to real sports cars is also a bit ridiculous considering the praise heaped on the Audi RS7 a 4800 pound German sedan that does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, has a 1.0 skidpad and brakes from 60-0 in 107 feet (all remarkably similar to the numbers mentioned during the video review of the Plaid except for the slower 0-60 time). But, we have to remember that the reviewer got car sick because of the Tesla.

Oh well, it's just one person's rather strong opinion which some will disagree with. That being said, if the review dampens demand and gets me my car faster, glass half full.
Bro you got me laughing pretty hard! GEMME SOME FUMES TO HELP ME OUTTA THIS SICKNESS! IT'S THAT SOUNDLESS EV! YEAH! THAT'S THE CULPRIT! 🤣 Legit though, serious Top Gear vibes there.
It's just ridiculous. Some things I believe were warranted, like the build quality, and the handling, but the handling in particular will be greatly improved once Tesla really starts to take advantage of that torque-vectoring. That will likely transform the MS into one of the best handling sedans period. And just for bragging rights? Here's the thing: like I mentioned earlier, wait until the Lucid Air Tri Motor, or the 2024 Dodge EV enter the scene. They won't be as fast as the Plaid after updates, but they will likely be close to what is happening today. Betcha you won't hear anything like it just being for "bragging rights," or it's just pointless, etc.... They will rave and rave, because it isn't a Tesla, and putting a clickbait title will not get them anywhere with those brands....for now....

This will be my first Tesla. I've heard that they've pushed updates in the past that literally speed up the car. I ordered the LR, and I've also heard (including one of the engineer's comments during the launch event) that each motor delivers ~400hp... so there should be more to give out of the LR. For you long-term Tesla experts, what is the likelihood that they'd eventually provide an OTA update to make the LR even faster? If so, how long would this take to come out (1 - 2 years?), and would they charge for it?

thanks

This will be my first Tesla. I've heard that they've pushed updates in the past that literally speed up the car. I ordered the LR, and I've also heard (including one of the engineer's comments during the launch event) that each motor delivers ~400hp... so there should be more to give out of the LR. For you long-term Tesla experts, what is the likelihood that they'd eventually provide an OTA update to make the LR even faster? If so, how long would this take to come out (1 - 2 years?), and would they charge for it?

thanks
Well.....each Plaid motor can make 400 hp. Most likely it's the same for the LR, but I wouldn't assume. :) My guess though for a speed upgrade would be within 2 years. The Plaid will likely get faster first, and once it's stepped up, then the LR will follow after. Really high likelihood though.

Yeah just order them from Tesla. Try a different person or SC. My SC had them in stock...you can contact parts through the app, give them the part numbers, make sure they are for a 2021 refresh. The plastic body of the sensors will be dark blue, NOT black. If they hand you black ones, refuse them and ask for the blue ones. The part numbers @omarsultan listed are correct. Be sure to order the correct color too.
Thanks all! I called my main SC parts department and they acknowledged the part # @omarsultan shared is in stock and I’ll pick them up tomorrow.

No Vin for white interior. Something tells me the estimate of October-November is more realistic. Seems like expecting Tesla to get its *sugar* together is simply too much to ask for :rolleyes:
Same here and although disappointed, we should also remember that some have received VINs literally just 5-9 days before the first day of their estimated delivery date range (and they're on the East Coast USA). So, perhaps Tesla is NOT assigning VINs just after the vehicles are coming off the production line? Maybe they're now assigning VINs as the vehicles are either on route OR actually at the delivery destination or maybe within the region? IDK, but something is different b/c I was told I would get a VIN approx 3 weeks before and yet, we're seeing others get their VIN assignments much later within just a few days or a week of their est delivery. 🤔 I'm holding some faith for a VIN by 9/15/21 for possible delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 as it still shows on my Tesla account. 🙏 🤞

Last edited:
IT HAS HAPPENED!!!! And just an FYI, I have actually driven it a whoppin' 5 feet. Due to a logistical and clerical error (THANKS ELON - JACKWAD), the car was delivered to my detailer, where it will stay until I have the temp tags in-hand, and the PPF and tint is done (70% windshield, 25% front, 5% back). It looks like I will ACTUALLY DRIVE MY CAR and enjoy the fruits of my labor on Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_7441.jpeg
    IMG_7441.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_7445.jpeg
    IMG_7445.jpeg
    622.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7452.jpeg
    IMG_7452.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7453.jpeg
    IMG_7453.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7454.jpeg
    IMG_7454.jpeg
    520.8 KB · Views: 72
Same issue and I bought from here (arrived in a few days)

FYI: they are charging $100 more per set over Tesla

OMG could not agree with you more! I got deja vu! It was like what am I watching? Top Gear, or Edmunds? That while fake sick thing! And THEN, the whole "only for millionaires" crap, yeah THAT’S THE POINT THAT IT'S NOT for hyper rich people only. Clearly one of the *insert kind or not so kind word* people who simply can't get it through their heads how awesome the fact that this car exists is! ONLY FOR MARKETING?!!?!???!! What are they gonna say about the Lucid Air Tri-Motor, or the 2024 Dodge EV?! They are going to rave on and on, and *sugar* on Tesla’s interiors while they do it! Somehow, cars Plaid fast from other companies will be rational, but Tesla is just too far, and for "Twitter only!" I hate to get mad on this forum, and this likely the last time that I will show it on here, but man that's just BAADDD. Edmunds taking the unfair click bait media approach. 🤬🤬🤬🙂🙂🙂🙂
Some things in this review were good, like the range test, but that was about it admittedly. :(
@2021plaid == And that's why I almost never hit the watch button right after someone posts a vid here on TMC (Sorry @drdonger ). I wait till some of you guys with more time (and no work) on your hands, watch it first. That way I keep from wasting my life and getting my blood up unnecessarily. My never updating EDD gets that pleasure.

For those in and around the Carolinas with a mid-September EDD: Just called and they pinged the car - they said it is in transit and currently scheduled to arrive on the 19th.

I suppose assuming they're using mostly rail that a 2 week transit lead time makes sense. Is this what others see on the east coast / south east?
I spoke with someone on Sunday and they said my car was in Alabama. Latest i would expect delivery would be the 19th.

IT HAS HAPPENED!!!! And just an FYI, I have actually driven it a whoppin' 5 feet. Due to a logistical and clerical error (THANKS ELON - JACKWAD), the car was delivered to my detailer, where it will stay until I have the temp tags in-hand, and the PPF and tint is done (70% windshield, 25% front, 5% back). It looks like I will ACTUALLY DRIVE MY CAR and enjoy the fruits of my labor on Saturday.
What is it like to be the chosen one… congrats! Looks awesome.

Rage! Genuinely don’t know what happened got out of the car after driving this afternoon and found this. Must have run over something in one of the bajillion construction zones around here. That piece of concrete pierced all the way through the sidewall and damaged the rim. I can’t believe that tire is still holding air. Ugh.View attachment 706438

So glad I have 19” with replaceable hubcaps!!!!