Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this info. When you initially called them, did you know your car had arrived at the SC, or did you ask them to ping it, then once they said it had arrived, you asked them to schedule delivery?

Thanks!
I didn't know prior to the call. They told me the car was there when I called. They set my appt for noon on Monday, but I went to the dealership on Saturday and was able to take delivery that day.

This will be my first Tesla. I've heard that they've pushed updates in the past that literally speed up the car. I ordered the LR, and I've also heard (including one of the engineer's comments during the launch event) that each motor delivers ~400hp... so there should be more to give out of the LR. For you long-term Tesla experts, what is the likelihood that they'd eventually provide an OTA update to make the LR even faster? If so, how long would this take to come out (1 - 2 years?), and would they charge for it?

thanks
I'm personally expecting that to happen for the LR. It has a faster 1/4 mile than the P100D even with a half second slower 0-60. It's clearly getting throttled by the marketing department to separate it even more from the Plaid. I will be SHOCKED if the LR doesn't get a 2.4-2.6 0-60 upgrade once you can no longer purchase this particular configuration.

It’s worth it yall. The wait is worth it

Attachments

• C56A2619-BA21-4AB5-A140-76ECBEB449E1.jpeg
    C56A2619-BA21-4AB5-A140-76ECBEB449E1.jpeg
    607.3 KB · Views: 92
  • F8EA4F01-71FF-47A8-9EBB-BF31EB92A44E.jpeg
    F8EA4F01-71FF-47A8-9EBB-BF31EB92A44E.jpeg
    574.5 KB · Views: 62
Well they took the $2k off my price so I guess it’s really happening.

Interestingly, they also took that $2k off my loan rather than my amount due at signing. Im not sure how I feel about that.

It should be applied before tax is figured so you will save sales tax as well instead of them doing it as a credit.

I was able to play some FLAC files and some WAV files yesterday from my USBC. I also had one album of FLAC files that would not play and gave an error. I could easily toggle back and forth between FLAC, WAV, and error so it wasn't dumb luck. I did not try to change or delete the FLAC files that didn't work. Just thought it was interesting that some worked and some didn't.
Was playing with this today after some discussion on one of the other threads. The issue appears to be the resolution. The car can handle files sampled at 44.1 Khz and 48 kHz. If barfs on the 96 kHz. FLAC and ALAC both worked at the lower resolutions.

Last edited:
I'm personally expecting that to happen for the LR. It has a faster 1/4 mile than the P100D even with a half second slower 0-60. It's clearly getting throttled by the marketing department to separate it even more from the Plaid. I will be SHOCKED if the LR doesn't get a 2.4-2.6 0-60 upgrade once you can no longer purchase this particular configuration.
Tesla did improve its power curve quite a bit on the new S that could help explain the faster 1/4 mile. I ordered a LR and 3.1 is plenty fast for me. Although I'd like to be in a plaid just once....

Thanks for this info. When you initially called them, did you know your car had arrived at the SC, or did you ask them to ping it, then once they said it had arrived, you asked them to schedule delivery?

Thanks!
It’s worth it yall. The wait is worth it
Congratulations!! And you’re a golden ticket winner. No yoke air bag seam! Or no air bag 🤪

@AnselmDante - how’s your sandisk extreme working? Easy set up per the video? Have you separated and added folders on it yet for music too?
I haven't even thought to add music to it yet. I'll look into that. It's recording video, but the video I have has gaps in the footage. I'm not sure if that is an issue with the sandisk or an issue with the Tesla. Since this is my first Tesla, I don't know what to make of it yet.

I haven't messed with the car enough to have any intelligent opinions on the discrepancies. I'll definitely look into music files.

As for setup, I simply plugged it into the Tesla, selected "format", and the folder needed was created.