Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is at PPF. I do not have those notifications on bit I can see it moving around the building.

Driving one of our jeeps. This is lifted withv35" tires. The noise, ride, and steering is savage compared to the S. Also had to pump gas for first time since June. Did forget how much I loved the Jeep.
This looks a lot better than mine. The wood on my driver side is split and pitted. I figured this is just the way it looks. I'm gonna call and ask the SC to look at mine.

It's crazy. You figure your wood is awesome, and then you see pics of someone else's wood, and you realize yours is pretty lame...
I've always said all wood is the same.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, guys, I have some bad news. I just heard back from my POC at Tesla, and it seems that they are treating my 19" tire replacement (AS for the Summer tires I got at delivery) as a "one off". I apologize to everyone that took me up on my offer to assist them in their quest to get replacement tires. I "ASS U ME d" that when my POC wrote that "corporate" had approved the change, the appoval was for all 19" in cold weather climates, not just for me. Apparently, because my SA had assured me that my tires would be AS and because they told me at delivery that the Pirellis were AS, they felt obligated to provide me with AS. Again, I am sorry for offering to help where I should not have. No good deed...

I had written to him today to ask if I could provide his contact info to other TMC members, and he called me to tell me that he was not able to assist and that other SCs were responsible for handling their own customers, and that employees could get fired for getting involved where they don't belong. I apologized to him also for my misinterpretation.

Rage! Genuinely don’t know what happened got out of the car after driving this afternoon and found this. Must have run over something in one of the bajillion construction zones around here. That piece of concrete pierced all the way through the sidewall and damaged the rim. I can’t believe that tire is still holding air. Ugh.View attachment 706438
ugh...run a sharpie over the gouge and hopefully you'll get past it.

Same issue and I bought from here (arrived in a few days)

I just picked up from my SC today...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, guys, I have some bad news. I just heard back from my POC at Tesla, and it seems that they are treating my 19" tire replacement (AS for the Summer tires I got at delivery) as a "one off". I apologize to everyone that took me up on my offer to assist them in their quest to get replacement tires. I "ASS U ME d" that when my POC wrote that "corporate" had approved the change, the appoval was for all 19" in cold weather climates, not just for me. Apparently, because my SA had assured me that my tires would be AS and because they told me at delivery that the Pirellis were AS, they felt obligated to provide me with AS. Again, I am sorry for offering to help where I should not have. No good deed...

I had written to him today to ask if I could provide his contact info to other TMC members, and he called me to tell me that he was not able to assist and that other SCs were responsible for handling their own customers, and that employees could get fired for getting involved where they don't belong. I apologized to him also for my misinterpretation.
Yes, I just got a hard no from our SC. I am actually pretty angry.

P.S. I also still have 2021.11.102 software -- and can't seem to get an update... and it is still "calibrating" at 80 miles on the odometer -- when did others get to be able to test FSD.

And in the meantime, Edmunds also got a whopping 345 mi. on a single charge with the Tesla MS Plaid (with 21" wheels)...just 3 mi. short of the official Tesla & EPA 348 mi. max range. So, which is it? Awesome because it's so quick or sh!tty because it's so quick and because of the yoke steering (agreed, it's a stupid gimmick while it works okay, it's no better than a regular full round or full round/flat steering wheel) and sub-par quality and interior amenities? IDK, seems like Edmunds has no idea on what to really think about it? ... @lolachampcar (added you to my post b/c although I couldn't tell what settings Edmunds drove the MS Plaid in while testing the max range...I figure it was in Chill mode and everything was off? or maybe not? ...but nonetheless, however they tested it, they got 345 mi. max battery range! And this was contrary to what you've been getting with your MS Plaid)

It was the nausea/headache part that got me.... I'm like, really?

SOOOOO true!!!
The first time that I floored the LR, I was thoroughly impressed. Last week I floored it and thought something was wrong. It did not seem as quick. After a quick Dragy test 0-60 of 3.39 not launched, I was happy nothing was wrong!! LOL. You get used to it.
Side question: Noticed from your pic that you have a spoiler on your LR. Where did you purchase? Easy install?

Hey guys...something I would like to say to those who have been on here for a while (I've been on here since March, 2021 after I ordered my MS Plaid in Feb, 2021 and many who have been on TMC for years): Although I've put a few TMC members on my "ignore list" so I don't see their actual posts (thank God as I would likely vomit in my mouth a bit, lol), I still see the posts that other people do in response to my ignore list TMC member's posts.

So, having explained this, is it possible that we can be done discussing the differences between the tri-motor MS Plaid and dual-motor MS LR in terms of performance (which we all know is quite big and the exact technical reasons why) and how one could somehow figure a way to get a MS LR closer in performance to the MS Plaid (like adding a third motor or something stupid like that)? :rolleyes: btw - hint guys, um you can't...that's why the tri-motor MS Plaid is a $40k premium over the MS LR.

I mean, really...if you ordered a MS LR (although you said you can afford a MS Plaid but you really didn't want to spend the extra $40k) and you've already taken delivery and have been driving around in your MS LR for weeks now, why the f'k are you on TMC, specifically in this "MS Delivery Update" thread, complaining about the (lack of) performance of your MS LR instead of trying to figure out how you can sell your MS LR and just friggen buy a MS Plaid already? It's not our fault you may have made the mistake of buying a MS LR but yet you still yearn for the performance of the MS Plaid. And, if this is not something you're contemplating, then perhaps you should go to other TMC threads and whine all you want about the lower performance of the dual-motor MS LR in those other threads? 😜

Okay, got that off my chest, lol...now an update from my Tesla account...no change, still shows Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 with no VIN yet; hopefully I'll wake up one of these next few days with a VIN and a tighter Est Delivery date range for the end of this month, but sadly, not today. 🙏

Last edited: