Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to a charity event on Sunday, there's always an ad-hoc car show that happens on the lawn nearest the event. There's normally not more than 10 cars in total, which are a combination of old, odd, beautiful, or otherwise notable. New and old. I figured, hey why not add my Plaid to the list... but how will people know why I thought it belonged to be there? Well, I cherry-picked some stats from around the web (YouTube drag strip runs, MotorTrend tests, as well as the page on tesla.com) and threw them onto a sheet. Bear in mind I am an engineer, not a designer... but I think it should do the trick.

Sure, I could have created another thread for this (and probably should have), but I don't feel the rest of TMC gets me the way you guys do... 😆 View attachment 707608

...and yes, I know *technically* the Nevera is the fastest now, but I'm gonna wait till they get a few more on the road before I give up that title, lol.
I would add the record setting Laguna Seca and Pikes peak time and get rid of that front license bracket.

Until Nevera sells and delivers 25 cars, it is NOT the fastest production car in the world.

You might also want to see about adding some fun sounds for the boom box.

This happened to me a couple times, including right before vin assignment. I think when the system doesn't have any info, it defaults to whatever is promised to new orders in the configurator. It likely doesn't mean anything, certainly not that much of a delay
Do you know how long it took from this system default to vin assignment ? Like a day or a week or more ? I am hoping it is not pushed out for us waiting for white interior to February :(

Not interested in doing the entire car; I don't think it's necessary. South Florida's roads are not like, say NY's roads.
I agree. Now that stealth has been firmly vetoed by my wife, I am leaning toward partial PPF too. Leaving the question of whether any of us can afford it or not (as entertaining as those discussions have been), there is a question of value and ROI for each person.

Opinions differ a lot here and for me personally, I haven't had an issue with chipping or dents in general in Southern California in several decades of driving. My driving is all on nice, dry (drought ridden) and warm pavement so I hesitate to even do a partial PPF (but all the time I have had on this forum while waiting for the Model S has made me really want to try it and ceramic even though I actually like waxing my car). Hell, as much as AS v. Summer tires has been discussed here, I don't really understand the issue because we don't need AS tires in Southern California. Summer are fine.

The money saved on the full PPF (admittedly not much) can be saved, donated, spent on a few nice meals (or a watch), sent to kids, or be blown at the tables or the Sports Book when I finally get back to Vegas (which will hopefully be soon). If you are in more challenging areas or a few dings or chips would bother you (e.g. first parking lot door ding), it would probably be worth it for peace of mind.

To each his own and good luck everyone.

Called and discussed Monday chances of happening. They can GPS actual car location. I called twice, 45 minutes apart. The first call, car was 60 miles away. Second call, the car is on the highway about 30 miles from the SC "in traffic". Monday is looking like it will happen. D-Day. H-Hour. ⚡

Pretty soon, you will be able to say......

mad-max-fury-road.gif

Here is an EXCELLENT video really going into the Nürburgring run. The official Plaid 20.8 km time is 7:35 seconds, but in actuality, it is still 12 seconds ahead of the Porsche, which ran the shorter 20.6 km track config, (The one that the Plaid did 7:30 at.) CRAZY how these things work out, as Porsche's record wasn't even real!

It would be interesting to know for sure if that plaid was software limited to 163mph. Some in the comments section of the video seem to think so.

Not interested ppf'ing the entire car. My detailer has an option for just doing the ppf on the front -- hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, & headlights for $2k. He's doing Ceramic Pro ceramic coating (5 year warranty) on the entire car though including wheels. Plus darkest FL legal window tinting all over (28% front windows but the same for all over for uniformity) + very light 55% tint on the windshield to knock out the UV rays & heat. And he's removing the front license plate holder & doing black vinyl ppf over the 2 Tesla emblems & PLAID emblem for chrome delete. Total for everything is $4,025 + tax.
Are they doing a paint correction? The PPF part will not be able to see the factory swirls and micro scratches. However, the rest of the car will stick out. Harder to see on white than other cars. But something to consider.

Are they doing a paint correction? The PPF part will not be able to see the factory swirls and micro scratches. However, the rest of the car will stick out. Harder to see on white than other cars. But something to consider.

In earlier posts you saw my pic of the sides after 10k miles of not so hard driving through 12 states. Full frontal is not going to cut it. It took 3 houra of touch up time to fix the bumper, hood, front and rear fenders plus the rear doors. Picked up today. While not all the damage could be perfect, it shines better than from rhe factory. Since I only have the LR and it is not fast enough to throw rocks, I told myself I would not do any PPF. That changed to full frontal but then more once I saw the extent to the sides and rear.