Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as of this morning I have had 2 week ranges ranging from Aug to Sept. Last was Sept 9 - 23 and now as of Sept 10 it just went all the way out to February. Car was originally reserved as Plaid+ on the battery day.. and still waiting who knows how long :(

Anyone else had similar date range went from 2 week ranges all the way out to next year ?
Mine has changed so many times it is ridiculous. i have a MX on order for my wife which is now blank. Attached is my latest date range which to me is a lawn dart on the outer most ring of the target. You cannot believe anything from Tesla until the car has arrived at the SC as VINs have been revoked.

Attachments

• White Plaid .jpg
    White Plaid .jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 75
Ok... EDD changed to 9/13 - 9/29, no VIN

Was within 25 miles of the Cathedral City SC today and decided to drop by. Never been there.

An SA greeted us when we went inside. Her name was April. Very engaged. Told her what we had on order and the new EDD. She looked it up and said it was soft matched, in production, and scheduled for mid-October. Uh, what? Anyway, not sure what to think about that. Given the EDD has been in September ever since the big EDD update. Wonder what the readers think.

We discussed the addition of aftermarket Signature wheels. She stated that they must be programmed by Tesla SC and have the Tesla TPMS gear. I knew the gear piece but did not know anything about the program thing. I thought it was matched to the VIN when the TPMS components were purchased.

On the positive side, she stated that I could have the wheels and tires installed at the SC. This would insure the TPMS was installed/programmed correctly. That seems like an upsell, possibly, based on the other non-stock installs I have heard about. One stop shop does have a value though.

Any insight on EDD and TPMS would be appreciated.

@sflgator Correct - the same stuff you are seeking to avoid by getting mud flaps still applies to other areas of the car which would not be protected by PPF. And ceramic coating only provides so much additional protection. You don't have rocks or people who don't care about other folks property in FL? I'd rather protect all of the paint. Do what your comfortable with, but this seems somewhat counter to the person I've come to know here at TMC.
I'll do all (4) mud flaps when they become available for the MS Plaid. I do so many highway miles that no matter what's done to the car, eventually there will be some paint chips, etc. I hardly pay much attention to that anymore anyway since I've lived here for the past 34 years. But, having said that, I am doing more paint protection to my Tesla MS Plaid than I've ever done to any car I've ever owned. Thank you for your concern though. :)

For people that will drive their Tesla MS Plaid or LR maybe 5k-10k mi per year and maybe only 1/3rd of the mileage is highway miles (and for people who like to keep their cars for 5-10+ years), I can understand wanting to basically wrap it completely with PPF and then wash it and put a diaper on it everyday before pulling into the garage. ;)

Sorry, I'm not like that...I drive the sh!t out of my cars, doing 18k-20k mi. per year and about 70% is highway miles. I typically keep my cars anywhere from 2-5 years and then sell or trade in for something new. Although I like keeping my cars as clean and damage-free as possible (and my cars typically look fairly pristine even after several years of usage), I'm not so anal and worried about some little, tiny paint chips. Now, dings, dents, and major scrapes I do not like and I would always get them repaired. But the little paint chips from pebbles and what not, meh...don't care that much. BTW -- little paint chips from pebbles don't lower the value of the vehicle at trade-in or when selling the car; now of course major damage, dings, etc. would but "normal" wear & tear doesn't matter.

So, I think the PPF on the front, mud flaps all around (hopefully some company comes out with a set soon), and ceramic coating all around should work out well for me and my MS Plaid. Thank you!

Last edited:
Anyone that’s interested in the difference between stock and 35% tint here’s the before and after. Not really much of a change visually but I was looking for heat reflection more than darkening. I did 70% on the windshield and 35% on the roof too. I took my cue from Omar. 😁

Attachments

• 069F5F9A-3392-40D5-ACE5-853A17AEB340.png
    069F5F9A-3392-40D5-ACE5-853A17AEB340.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
  • 117A40BA-8C50-4586-B617-D06402D26C2E.png
    117A40BA-8C50-4586-B617-D06402D26C2E.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
Anyone that’s interested in the difference between stock and 35% tint here’s the before and after. Not really much of a change visually but I was looking for heat reflection more than darkening. I did 70% on the windshield and 35% on the roof too. I took my cue from Omar. 😁
Did 3M ceramic IR 35% on my MSM as well.
F507B925-680A-40DE-A143-EE8348372355.jpeg
07963D5A-F08A-4DD3-B5B8-A16737C9ADA9.jpeg

EAA547E5-973C-45BD-815B-C139FA5083A3.jpeg

Small update from those misalignment pics I posted yesterday. Tesla Devon just called and said they are working on the frunk and trunk alignment issues. So that’s good. Says still on schedule for tomorrow noon. Also just picked up check from Franklin Mint CU for tomorrow’s purchase.
FYI- Franklin Mint still has 1.99% 2021/2022 auto loans avail. As I just got it yesterday. So as an idea a 100k loan at that rate is $85 a month in interest on a 60 month loan.
Got a call today and they said trunk is too much out of spec for service to fix so they offered to have me take delivery and then I schedule with body shop down the road to fix it before I get it wrapped. Of course on Tesla’s dime. Plus will get a loaner. So that’s what I’m doing. Still picking up in 17 hours 17 minutes.

In earlier posts you saw my pic of the sides after 10k miles of not so hard driving through 12 states. Full frontal is not going to cut it. It took 3 houra of touch up time to fix the bumper, hood, front and rear fenders plus the rear doors. Picked up today. While not all the damage could be perfect, it shines better than from rhe factory. Since I only have the LR and it is not fast enough to throw rocks, I told myself I would not do any PPF. That changed to full frontal but then more once I saw the extent to the sides and rear.

God, I can't believe you'd waste that kind of money on a couple of sheets of plastic for a peasant mobile. Good lord buddy. It's not like you are driving a Ferrari..It's barely faster than a Camry. What the hell does the paint on a car like that need to be protected for? How about you set that money on fire for the winter ahead instead of throwing it in the trash?

I agree. Now that stealth has been firmly vetoed by my wife, I am leaning toward partial PPF too. Leaving the question of whether any of us can afford it or not (as entertaining as those discussions have been), there is a question of value and ROI for each person.

Opinions differ a lot here and for me personally, I haven't had an issue with chipping or dents in general in Southern California in several decades of driving. My driving is all on nice, dry (drought ridden) and warm pavement so I hesitate to even do a partial PPF (but all the time I have had on this forum while waiting for the Model S has made me really want to try it and ceramic even though I actually like waxing my car). Hell, as much as AS v. Summer tires has been discussed here, I don't really understand the issue because we don't need AS tires in Southern California. Summer are fine.

The money saved on the full PPF (admittedly not much) can be saved, donated, spent on a few nice meals (or a watch), sent to kids, or be blown at the tables or the Sports Book when I finally get back to Vegas (which will hopefully be soon). If you are in more challenging areas or a few dings or chips would bother you (e.g. first parking lot door ding), it would probably be worth it for peace of mind.

To each his own and good luck everyone
I have black. Sick of swirls and micro scratches on all my black cts’s over the years. Plan to have this Tesla 10+ years. I work my ass off, paid millions in 3 kids through college. It’s now my time. I feel like I already saved not getting plaid nor 21’s. Full ppf. To your point, personal choices. God bless. 🙏 Win time. I’ll pass on buying fuzzy dice. Savings right there.

35% tint looks darker with the black interior.
E89A5E70-0C08-4B75-AF30-44FCBE356BA5.jpeg
B0E8F46B-2FCD-4B28-8C4F-BCDF7873763C.jpeg