Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My carbon order has moved from September 16th to September 17th this morning.
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 10.13.47 AM.png

The monkey lives on.

All—sorry I’m new to the board so apologies if I’m doing this incorrectly or in the wrong place.

I placed a LR order in May. Delivery date jumps around quite a bit—first October, then December, then December-Jan. Though frustrating that’s somewhat expected.

Thing is, I’ve literally never heard from a service advisor. When I placed the order, they placed a call/text to a family member) long story but essentially I took a family members M3 reservation several years ago and Tesla has never been able to sort out our contact info). I’ve called my local store, chatted online (which appears to no longer be an option), and the 800 number. Each time they say someone will reach out. They never do. The last two days I’ve waited on hold for 45 minutes to an hour to inquire and finally given up.

I was considering making some changes to my order—nothing huge, just exterior color, but want to make sure it won’t drastically impact delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions? This process is incredibly frustrating and making me consider looking at a different vehicle.
Given how far your car delivery appears to be, calling the 800 number is as good as anything, those folks will have the same info as the folks at your local store. Exterior color is a big change as its one of the primary ways they batch production. Given a Dec/Jan delivery date, its hard to tell if the change will really make any difference to you, beyond the price increase.

My two cents is if you need a car sooner than later (i.e. you current car is coming off lease or something like that), leave things alone (and if you really need a car sooner than later, look at the inventory cars that are popping up). If timing is not an issue, then get the car you really want and roll the dice with the delivery date.

For those of you interested in “Yoke” training: 😂🤣

View attachment 707966
Also provides cardiovascular training for dealing with the increased heart rate that comes from launches. Now, if you can get your significant other to whack you on the forehead with a nerf bat on occasion, you'll be set.

Do SAs at retail location have better EDDs than we have online? After the email, my EDDs online have been tracking from end of September to October 20 to mid September to end of September and have been locked onto September 20 to September 30 EOQ EDD for a long time.

Since the beginning of the date range is fast approaching, I visited the retail location in the mall where I ordered my Tesla yesterday to see if they had one to sit in or check out (tagged along with my wife).

The SAs there who have always been very nice and helpful checked my account and said that they showed I was scheduled for an October production/ October delivery. If they have that in their system, why can't I see it on my online account page? They said to be ready to move quick just in case one comes up this month that matches mine but that most likely I would get the one slated for me in October.

I am actually relieved to get an October "production" car (glass half full) because I was worried about the QC in Elon's push for the craziest month (well 22 days as of the email) of deliveries in Tesla's history. While I would probably take delivery at this point unless parts were falling off the car, I would rather get a car that the people on the line aren't super rushed to get out and that the service center has time to inspect before customer delivery.

The odd thing is when I woke up and did my morning account check, my EDD changed BUT NOT TO OCTOBER as the SAs told me yesterday but moved EARLIER to September 15 - 29. So SA says my delivery shows as a later October date in their system and my online account changes to an earlier date the next day?

It only took me 2000 posts to finally get it through my thick skull that the only thing that MIGHT matter is a VIN.

Good luck everyone.

Model S LR, MS black, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered May 1, RN1148. EDD from SA at the mall is October. Online EDD September 20-30 for weeks until today/ changed to September 15-29 today/

@DukeofURL Fan-fu**ing-tastic! Got that in a PDF you could post, please?? BTW, you WILL be removing that hideous front plate, right?? OMG, I should've got the red! So gorgeous. Congrats and let us know what comments you get after showing her off.
Thanks! I might remove the front plate, but I have vanity plates, so I might keep it. Haven't decided yet.
Here's a PDF for anyone who's interested: plaid carshow page.pdf

Do SAs at retail location have better EDDs than we have online? After the email, my EDDs online have been tracking from end of September to October 20 to mid September to end of September and have been locked onto September 20 to September 30 EOQ EDD for a long time.

Since the beginning of the date range is fast approaching, I visited the retail location in the mall where I ordered my Tesla yesterday to see if they had one to sit in or check out (tagged along with my wife).

The SAs there who have always been very nice and helpful checked my account and said that they showed I was scheduled for an October production/ October delivery. If they have that in their system, why can't I see it on my online account page? They said to be ready to move quick just in case one comes up this month that matches mine but that most likely I would get the one slated for me in October.

I am actually relieved to get an October "production" car (glass half full) because I was worried about the QC in Elon's push for the craziest month (well 22 days as of the email) of deliveries in Tesla's history. While I would probably take delivery at this point unless parts were falling off the car, I would rather get a car that the people on the line aren't super rushed to get out and that the service center has time to inspect before customer delivery.

The odd thing is when I woke up and did my morning account check, my EDD changed BUT NOT TO OCTOBER as the SAs told me yesterday but moved EARLIER to September 15 - 29. So SA says my delivery shows as a later October date in their system and my online account changes to an earlier date the next day?

It only took me 2000 posts to finally get it through my thick skull that the only thing that MIGHT matter is a VIN.

Good luck everyone.

Model S LR, MS black, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered May 1, RN1148. EDD from SA at the mall is October. Online EDD September 20-30 for weeks until today/ changed to September 15-29 today/
What I don’t understand is the two times I’ve asked my SA if they had anymore detail they said all they can see is what I see on my account page. Yet there are dozens of accounts of people clearly getting additional information that doesn’t reflect the Tesla portal, often worse news (which I’d prefer). Hard problem for sure.

Oh. Well forget that then. No color is worth 10 grand.
My order date was March 11th for a black Plaid with cream carbon fiber Arachnid car. When the inventory cars hit the market I called my SA and matched with a white with black interior, carbon fiber 19” wheel car. While on the phone, her manager was able to make it happen on their computer for $119,990 without moving Heaven and earth. I know people insist it can’t be done. It just took 10 seconds after I requested it to make it happen. Yrmv.

I know this is probably a long shot but I’m getting really impatient waiting for my LR. If anyone has a pre price hike plaid reservation they no longer want, are willing to go through the hassle of transferring their reservation, and live within California, please let me know.

I know there’s a slim chance of this happening but I figure it’s worth a shot.

…well in case your delivery date moves back a bit hehehe

This is certainly not good news for the Plaid production line in Fremont... all batteries must travel West on I-80 from Reno.

"As Spiegel noted on Twitter, the fire was small - but the excuse for missing the upcoming quarter could be huge!"

No injuries were reported.

1631383442214.png

Last edited:
This is certainly not good news for the Plaid production line in Fremont... all batteries must travel West on I-80 from Reno.

"As Spiegel noted on Twitter, the fire was small - but the excuse for missing the upcoming quarter could be huge!"

View attachment 708026

How many cars' worth of batteries? I did not see it mentioned.
Also, were they on autopilot when it happened?

View attachment 708026
I don't think Tesla would be waiting on 1 semi-truck full of batteries to continue production of their cars through the end of this month; if they are, whomever at Tesla in charge of procurement and production planning should be FIRED. That would be a monumental production planning error, although I wouldn't put it past them especially with the parts shortages and snafus we've seen from Tesla this past year.

Last edited:

View attachment 708026
Those look like powerwall retail boxes to me.

She arrived! I guess it’s a she. Anyway, missing trunk lid, floor mats were there, have to adjust the trunk but it actually is a lot better than it was. Went through about 90% of Marc-G’s list. Super helpful.

Here are a couple pics. The wheel covers look a lot nicer in person.

A2A8CDF2-8BCB-448B-853B-EA98021EA71A.jpegA2A8CDF2-8BCB-448B-853B-EA98021EA71A.jpegDABDD05F-5040-4090-9DB9-5C7B04107BD5.jpeg39B4BFA6-678A-4B2E-B219-83F5ED1D5221.jpeg43C7D72D-1C3F-4D78-B838-D18C0223CF94.jpegD1930985-7654-45B7-B266-AEF27DE83FE7.jpeg

Attachments

• E9741C04-6AC8-4AD3-BA71-8802B8F352E7.jpeg
    E9741C04-6AC8-4AD3-BA71-8802B8F352E7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 60
I know this is probably a long shot but I’m getting really impatient waiting for my LR. If anyone has a pre price hike plaid reservation they no longer want, are willing to go through the hassle of transferring their reservation, and live within California, please let me know.

I know there’s a slim chance of this happening but I figure it’s worth a shot.
Consider just buying an inventory. There were 58 earlier today.

Edit: 22 now, and both LRs are gone.