Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knows lmao. I mean even the Tesla cat doesn’t know 2021.32.x is the latest software version as he tells me I have the latest version. I’m sure there is just as much confusion over latest map version.
Yeah my service guy said the same thing until I gave him another members details to look up their car (on 2021.32.10) and he was shocked. He was so damn sure that I was on the latest version as well…

D7D40F8D-05A3-4E47-A443-E7F1DDA4F180.jpeg

Yeah my service guy said the same thing until I gave him another members details to look up their car (on 2021.32.10) and he was shocked. He was so damn sure that I was on the latest version as well…

View attachment 708728
On a previous Model S, I was stuck in the same problem and they had software to push it out manually. It stopped checking for updates (even when you press the button to do so) if it couldn’t download it N number of times.

I put in a software ticket and they closed it out saying everything is fine and that I have the latest software available lol, despite the manual listing a newer version number 😅😅

Here’s a video of the owners manual crashing the display on 2021.24.4

I’m about as impressed with the service after purchase as I was while waiting 🤔

Also for those who did not get FSD, don’t bother, huge waste of money as of now, only provides useful features to select people who get the beta of the beta. THE only way it would be worth getting now is if the price went up again later AND one day it became useful (which from the sound of it many people have been holding their breath for years)
So what happens if you're driving and a reset happens. Do you lose any driving functions temporarily? Honest Tesla newb question.

Last edited:
So what happens if you're driving and a reset happens. Do you lose any driving functions temporarily? Honest Tesla newb question.
The car has separate computers for infotainment and critical driving features. Even if the screen crashes or reboots while driving, your steering, brakes and accelerator will still function like normal. However, you may have issues like not being able to see how fast you’re driving or turn A/C on or off while the computer is rebooting. However, and most important, you should not have any critical driving features interrupted.

Having some mundane issues with my Plaid that I’m gonna reach out to service about. First off, I have to open my charge port door manually every time. Pressing the button on the charger does not open it. Tried at home and at a supercharger. Second off, I can’t toggle Nav on AP or Light/Stop Sign Control. Wants me to connect to wifi to download updated maps. It’s been connected to wifi for 3 days straight. Just documenting here for any future owners. Besides that, this car is nutty.

Attachments

• 41E75ED2-7CB9-4284-BE99-EAE5BDBEFD78.jpeg
    41E75ED2-7CB9-4284-BE99-EAE5BDBEFD78.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 56
Having some mundane issues with my Plaid that I’m gonna reach out to service about. First off, I have to open my charge port door manually every time. Pressing the button on the charger does not open it. Tried at home and at a supercharger. Second off, I can’t toggle Nav on AP or Light/Stop Sign Control. Wants me to connect to wifi to download updated maps. It’s been connected to wifi for 3 days straight. Just documenting here for any future owners. Besides that, this car is nutty.
I believe that the charger port is a known issue. Mine is the same, I have to slightly push it with my hand. I understand there is some communication error (perhaps antenna not there or mis-located). Until it is corrected, I find a slight push makes it pop open, so it isn't killing me now I know that it is more wide spread.

Just got a VIN assigned and EDD is now showing 9/20-9/22.
Again, VIN assigned just a few days (or a week in your case) before est delivery. If true, that means that VINs are assigned when the vehicle is either almost to the actual local SC or it's already there (more likely) and being QC'd, etc. So, if they ever assigned VINs at Fremont just after the vehicles come off the production line, they don't do that any longer. VIN assignments are now more "last minute." So, if my 9/29/21 - 9/30/21 est delivery is accurate, I may not actually get a VIN assignment until NEXT week, not even this week. 🤔

Man what in the hell are they putting in the water down there in Florida?!😂
Actually just a bit more than half the state are a bunch of crazy, dumbas55, uneducated, antivaxxer, conspiracy-theory propaganda (and COVID) spreaders with "sommer teeth" -- some go this way and some go that way!...so yeah, welcome to FL. :rolleyes: 🤪 :oops:

BTW -- my acct still shows 9/29/21 - 9/30/21 with no VIN yet, but it seems more and more that VINs are actually assigned a week or less before est delivery, so there's still hope for me and many others. 🙏👍

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is FINALLY DONE!! After 7-1/2 months the Batmobile has been picked-up, driven around Dallas and driven home. A little battery-anxiety to start the weekend, and found a LOT of quirky things in my new MSLR 19". I am 300 miles in and these are my notes thus far.
1) The yoke. Not a big deal for me nor my wife.
2) The tech in the car is about as "intuitive" as a trying to figure out the thoughts of a 13 year old teenager!!
3) My Sentry Mode takes enough video to make a two-hour movie. It takes 1:30 min videos, from all 4 cameras, for 10 minutes when it records. So I have numerous folders with 40 videos in each one. After a few days of driving around/parking/etc in Dallas I had 50GB of videos, pretty much of nothing.
4) I don't have the capability to view any videos or events from within the car. According to "the Batmobile" my car is up-to-date, however, someone posted a video on YouTube with an update on his MS that is several numbers above mine! Hopefully now that she's home it'll start updating and adding functionality. Along with no "Viewer" there is no FSD (although that was there when we first got into the car) and there is no active noise canceling.
5) I found A LOT of stuff on the inspection. There was brown or red paint overspray in the front door hinge locations and ALL over the trunk area. This was addressed to the Service Center through the app. But it was a obvious they are doing paint operations with other cars around in an open area.
6) My car was not supposed to be waxed. This was to assist my detailer with the installation of the PPF. However, we found was residue EVERYWHERE!!! It was dry and in every crevice of the vehicle. It was terrible to try and remove and looked horrible.
7) Driving is fun and smooth. It has been a little awkward to have every third car on the interstate pull up, slow down, stare, then drive on. I'm thankful for my dark tint!!!
8) I couldn't get LOTS of things to work at the beginning. Things like the Navigation wasn't working, Browser, etc. Since I was told I had Premium Connectivity for a year for free, I assumed it was turned on. I could get some things on the Browser but other things wouldn't work. So I went to my App and "signed up" for Premium Connectivity and that seemed to help. Hopefully they won't bill me for a year like they promised.
9) Not having multiple destinations available in the Navigation is my biggest pet-peeve right now along with a screen to see my battery utilization. I can see my battery state at ONE destination but I quite often need to make "stops" that are well off the beaten path of my end-state destination. I can do that on Waze, my GPS, etc. but not on Tesla Navigation. So I tried to use "ABetterRoutePlanner.com" but it was too quirky and wouldn't track my nav and just kept defaulting to my location as being in Kissimmee, Florida, so that seems useless in the car.
I have one day to just sit at home and mess with it before I head to work tomorrow for a while and my wife gets to drive the Batmobile, so I'll have to make the most of it and try to figure out what's what.
IMG_7452.jpegIMG_7454.jpegIMG_7482.jpegIMG_7487.jpegIMG_7488.jpegIMG_7490.jpeg