Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the white interiors do exist (try zip code 22180).

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.55.52 AM.png

Again, VIN assigned just a few days (or a week in your case) before est delivery. If true, that means that VINs are assigned when the vehicle is either almost to the actual local SC or it's already there (more likely) and being QC'd, etc. So, if they ever assigned VINs at Fremont just after the vehicles come off the production line, they don't do that any longer. VIN assignments are now more "last minute." So, if my 9/29/21 - 9/30/21 est delivery is accurate, I may not actually get a VIN assignment until NEXT week, not even this week. 🤔
I was going to ask about VIN assignment but I think you are dead on. It also seems like it randomly happens throughout the day as well. I have a 9/24-9/30 EDD and probably refresh my screen every 30 min to see if I get a VIN. I still doubt I get a car by EOQ. I hope so though!!!

I put in a software ticket and they closed it out saying everything is fine and that I have the latest software available lol, despite the manual listing a newer version number 😅😅

Here’s a video of the owners manual crashing the display on 2021.24.4

I’m about as impressed with the service after purchase as I was while waiting 🤔

Also for those who did not get FSD, don’t bother, huge waste of money as of now, only provides useful features to select people who get the beta of the beta. THE only way it would be worth getting now is if the price went up again later AND one day it became useful (which from the sound of it many people have been holding their breath for years)
Hmmmmmmm
Answered own question.

Seriously, this FSD selling thing is exactly what it looks like.

Honestly none of it makes any sense, or works. I have a brand new $100k car that’s missing features, sugar doesn’t work, 75% of sugar is beta, even the damn owners manual doesn’t work to see what broken features that are there and how to use them 😅😅
I find myself still looking at it as paying for the skateboard and the rest was just thrown in so I had a seat to ride on the board. It is an EXCUSE but it is a crutch I need to get by.

I was going to ask about VIN assignment but I think you are dead on. It also seems like it randomly happens throughout the day as well. I have a 9/24-9/30 EDD and probably refresh my screen every 30 min to see if I get a VIN. I still doubt I get a car by EOQ. I hope so though!!!
My VIN was assigned a week ago and I have the same EDD now. Also I got a text message from Tesla saying a Vin was assigned shortly afterwards so you don't have to keep refreshing.

I partitioned my SSD today to add boombox sounds. I now have the starting music and start countdown from Mario Kart. I plan to use it at every red light. 😁
You know when you’re sitting at a red light and the guy in front is in another world, just sitting there?

I’ve always wanted to blast the theme song from Jeopardy.

FWIW
I've been driving lowered (lower than low) MS' since 2013 with no undertray damage. However, I live in very flat Florida with reasonably decent roads.
I envy the quality of the roads in WPB. Definitely has some of the nicest roads. Daily Driving through Miami filled with uneven roads, construction, and potholes has made me a seasoned driver with the low setting :cool: (still provides so much clearance)

My VIN was assigned a week ago and I have the same EDD now. Also I got a text message from Tesla saying a Vin was assigned shortly afterwards so you don't have to keep refreshing.
Refreshing is half the fun!!!! Again I have very little expectations of it happening by the end of the month. I suspect Wednesday it will update to the middle of Oct.

I appear to be on 2021.11.102

I can't even find that listed on the Tesla software, um, list.

Is this personal? Who hates me in Elon land?
I have 2021.11.102 also. Just got the car a few days ago. However, there's a YouTube from a few weeks ago that shows updates with 2021.24.3 that includes on-screen viewer and a few other options. (
). I would love to see my FSD option come back. I had it on Day 1 then it disappeared on Day 2. WTF Elon??????

No White interior = Doesn't matter...to me. Waiting on someone with white interior to post an update :rolleyes:
I hopefully will maybe get the one of the first plaid white int, CF, 19" this month (EDD keeps getting adjusted but is presently Sept 16-30), at least the first from our spreadsheet. Two with 21" wheels have been delivered though on that sheet, and probably hundreds more not in that sheet I'm guessing. My order (in signature below) has been since late Nov. 2020.