Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a delivery date for Sept 20 (Monday of next week).

If I want to delay delivery by a month (because of travel and personal finances, or because of issues with the car), I understand that they will un-match my reservation with this VIN, and I'll have to wait for another VIN to be matched.

My question to you all smart people is: what has your experience been with Tesla on this? Will I get pushed to the back of the queue? I see new orders have estimated delivery for April. I don't want to get delayed by another 6 months....
Also, I hope that my price will still be honored (with the pre-refresh $2k discount, and prior to the $10k increase). What do you think?

Got a delivery date for Sept 20 (Monday of next week).

If I want to delay delivery by a month (because of travel and personal finances, or because of issues with the car), I understand that they will un-match my reservation with this VIN, and I'll have to wait for another VIN to be matched.

My question to you all smart people is: what has your experience been with Tesla on this? Will I get pushed to the back of the queue? I see new orders have estimated delivery for April. I don't want to get delayed by another 6 months....
Also, I hope that my price will still be honored (with the pre-refresh $2k discount, and prior to the $10k increase). What do you think?
Take the car.

Sorry to do this once again but can the Battery Day Plaid which became Plaid+ reservation holders confirm my recollection that the deposit was $1,000. Tesla is saying $100 which equals the amount they have returned. They have asked that I go back through last year's Amex statements to find the actual deposit.

Am I crazy here?
Not crazy. My refund was $1,000.

New software update is amazing! Can control the subwoofer and auto immersive sound, plus the mirror fold location can be toggled now. Control UI shows pic of car to open trunk/frunk instead of bigger grids (theyre smaller now).
Love that new UI for the car functions! Really makes it better IMO! Can't wait for V11! 😁

I did and still no XM. What’s next? Thanks!
Well the hard reset could be another option. The hardest possible reset you can do is to physically unplug the 12v battery, but that's rather extreme, so this is one notch below that. IIRC, you power off the vehicle from the "Power Off" button under "Safety and Security." REALLY important that all doors and windows are closed, and that you don't touch, or open anything. AT ALL. No pushing pedals, nothing. Then, after around 2 minutes, you can start to open the vehicle again, and that should initiate it again I believe.

Well the hard reset could be another option. The hardest possible reset you can do is to physically unplug the 12v battery, but that's rather extreme, so this is one notch below that. IIRC, you power off the vehicle from the "Power Off" button under "Safety and Security." REALLY important that all doors and windows are closed, and that you don't touch, or open anything. AT ALL. No pushing pedals, nothing. Then, after around 2 minutes, you can start to open the vehicle again, and that should initiate it again I believe.
Still no luck :(
Some really good instructions in this article @GrnSqrl and @ssv22 . It's the third method down. :)