Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow - to state the obvious, that looks horrible. Was that done by Tesla?

Looks like transportation damage that was repaired. The problem is that when the paint was done, the clear coat wasn't properly something or anothered so when PPF was put on it, it all collapsed. I'll say it was done by Tesla and revealed by the PPF shop.

It's not difficult to fix but as I noted elsethread, it means instead of a Friday return of my car, I get it next Monday.

Sigh.

After extensive fiddling with the sound settings, I reached the best settings for all music types. Well done Tesla.
280999DF-E45A-457B-AC3B-5E56296FA882.jpeg

You are right. A WOPPING $1,257 more vs the $10,000 paid if you were selling a 2019 with 25,000 miles. If you had paid $200 a month for a year, $2400, vs $10,000 up front to get a $1,257 on a $10,000 investment....NOPE I'll stick with the subscription this time around.

View attachment 710080View attachment 710081
FSD undeniably a bad investment right now, but that value proposition will change once FSD rolls out to everyone in beta and even more so if / when it exits beta. Considering the current state of FSD 10, it’s not unreasonable that in 1 to 2 years FSD will be a huge value add to the car.

In summary you are saving money today with the subscription, but 1 - 2 years from now you may wish you bought FSD when it was ‘only’ $10,000.

FSD undeniably a bad investment right now, but that value proposition will change once FSD rolls out to everyone in beta and even more so if / when it exits beta. Considering the current state of FSD 10, it’s not unreasonable that in 1 to 2 years FSD will be a huge value add to the car.

In summary you are saving money today with the subscription, but 1 - 2 years from now you may wish you bought FSD when it was ‘only’ $10,000.
are you new to Tesla? 😂 🤣

are you new to Tesla? 😂 🤣
HAHA. I’ve been a Tesla customer longer than 99% of the people on this forum. FSD doesn’t have to be perfect, just reliable enough to be useful for the average customer. Similar to how autopilot performs today. Once it reaches that point it’ll be valuable even if you can’t use it unattended.

Has Tesla said the subscription price will be $200/month for the next 4-5 years and not increase?
From just my experience in the past 7 1/2 months & reading about what Tesla does over the years, I would say it's highly possible Tesla announces sudden and immediate price increases, then decreases, then increases the subscription cost of FSD, and then cancels it all together...all in the next 2 years! :rolleyes: 🤪

Has Tesla said the subscription price will be $200/month for the next 4-5 years and not increase?
Great point. People trumpeting the $200 / month price will be in for a shock when the monthly price increases along with the purchase price. I’m buying FSD because I believe Tesla will figure it out sooner than later and $10,000 will look like a steal in a couple of years.

If FSD increases to $15k then I expect the subscription to Increase accordingly to about $300. Tesla has to maintain a relative value proposition where subscription vs buying are somewhat competitive.

Said every owner who bought into it since 2012.

Great point. People trumpeting the $200 / month price will be in for a shock when the monthly price increases along with the purchase price. I’m buying FSD because I believe Tesla will figure it out sooner than later and $10,000 will look like a steal in a couple of years.

If FSD increases to $15k then I expect the subscription to Increase accordingly to about $300. Tesla has to maintain a relative value proposition where subscription vs buying are somewhat competitive.
I'm buying FSD for the 2nd time, as I just don't want to be in the position where I sell my model 3 and the beta is finally released to the wider audience. I don't think it's worth nearly 10k for the extra features they add currently. My Wife has a MY without FSD and we take that on road trips some times, and I'm not finding myself wanting any feature outside of lane change, and somewhat NOA for longer trips. However, I do see constant improvement over the past 3+ years and I'm excited to be on the bleeding edge of assisted driving technology. I do not believe that they will ever achieve remote summon capability but in the case they make those advancements and I'll be very happy with my decision to shell out an additional 10k. My first time around I had to upgrade for the 3k above the 5k EAP package. The reason I had a suspicion they would be releasing a new chip and that FSD entitled me to a free upgrade that in this case was worth 2k of the 3k purchase price. I'll say that is a fair deal.

I ordered at an opportune time right before the 10k increase, so at this point I am basically getting it for free as from what I am reading I can't remove it without adding the 10k increase. So makes my decision very easy, and one that I'm going to be content with even if we don't realize any type of actual hands off driving experience. I do have faith that we can get some level of autonomous highway driving however.

I plan on keeping the car for 7+ years and likely even 10+ so the investment makes the investment a bit easier as well.