Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drive it on Saturday. An incredible automobile, the quality of the materials and build was epic.
For the price of 'way more' than my home mortgage, I would expect the material quality, build quality and complicated features of the Ferrari to be quite epic. Gorgeous machine for ~ $600k. We all know the MS Plaid is a monsterous 'bang for your buck' in terms of performance although it certainly lacks some quality that other $130k+ vehicles have.

ARGH, day 2 into my now old EDD window and I scrolled down too quickly during my morning account check and saw the underlined "View Design" and thought it said VIN and my heart skipped a beat. No VIN. Instead, my EDD moved from yesterday's 9/15-29 to today's 9/18-27. It was 9/20-30 for a long time after the Tesla apology email.

Of course, my SA at the mall where I ordered told me Friday that I was slated for October production and delivery after looking me up in her system.

As noted before, she said be ready to move quickly because I could get a car this month if one matching mine shows up which I took to mean they want to keep us October production people ready to buy this month by keeping our EDDs at EOQ just in case the original order holder with a real September EOQ car won't or can't take delivery by the end of this month. Bottom line, Tesla doesn't want any car it could potentially deliver sitting at one of the delivery centers unsold at EOQ when they can simply move to the next person in line in the area with a matching order in line.

Good luck everyone.

LR, MS with black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered May 1 in mall, RN1148

As someone who has had a suite at the Mod Hell Hotel I can say that the conservative approach that Dinan takes is what I liked - more performance painlessly. My Tesla is the only high performance car that I have ever owned that I have not modified and only because I can’t - it is literally saving me from myself.
Modding the GT-R was easy...so many options and as long as you go "full-bolt-on" with e85 without upgrading the turbos, then it's fairly rock-solid with aggressive custom tunes and mods for an additional ~ 150-200+ AWD HP / AWD TQ. But, but...the GT-R is a dinosaur now, and I 100% agree with you...once you go electric, there's no turning back and the only "mods" you can do are aesthetic. Saves all of us mod freaks from spending too much $$ and possible headaches. ;)

Last edited:
Now, where are the A/S for 21"?
I had a chat with someone at Tire Rack about 21" AS tires that might be "coming soon" and not yet visible on the website--he said he did not see anything on the horizon. One random dude at Tire Rack is hardly definite, but passing it along. I ended up dropping the $3K for a set of 19s
These are very robust for such low side wall protection. I have hit pot holes and have not any damage. Not saying that it will not happen or that the 19" is more protection, but personally I have had zero issues for over 10k miles.
Granted CA does not have the portholes of the northeast, but drove on 21s in on my last S and this one and they have not let me down.

ARGH, day 2 into my now old EDD window and I scrolled down too quickly during my morning account check and saw the underlined "View Design" and thought it said VIN and my heart skipped a beat. No VIN. Instead, my EDD moved from yesterday's 9/15-29 to today's 9/18-27. It was 9/20-30 for a long time after the Tesla apology email.

Of course, my SA at the mall where I ordered told me Friday that I was slated for October production and delivery after looking me up in her system.

As noted before, she said be ready to move quickly because I could get a car this month if one matching mine shows up which I took to mean they want to keep us October production people ready to buy this month by keeping our EDDs at EOQ just in case the original order holder with a real September EOQ car won't or can't take delivery by the end of this month. Bottom line, Tesla doesn't want any car it could potentially deliver sitting at one of the delivery centers unsold at EOQ when they can simply move to the next person in line in the area with a matching order in line.

Good luck everyone.

LR, MS with black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered May 1 in mall, RN1148
The consistence of information by Tesla SA's, SC Mgrs, RMs, etc. is non-existent. So strange how your SA can say stuff like that when my local Tesla SC MGR and FL RM (I've bypassed the SAs...they all suck here) have said OVER AND OVER AGAIN that they simply cannot get any more information like what you just mentioned...these guys here in FL claim they have NO CLUE as to when "production" for my RN build configuration is scheduled for and all they claim to know is that I should have my car delivered sometime "mid September - mid October" and every time I alert them of changes in my Tesla account (was Est Delivery: 9/20-9/30 for several weeks, then changed to 9/29-9/30 and now it changed yesterday to BLANK with no Est Delivery dates), all I hear are crickets from these guys or the standard line of "we don't have any more information than what it shows in your Tesla account."

Sorry, but TESLA just sucks in terms of their ordering/production/delivery process and how they screw with customers and our emotions...getting our hopes up, only to let us down suddenly with no explanation. 🤬 After 10 years of producing cars, they still can't get this right?!?! They could so many more repeat customers only if they simply take steps for better customer service and communication!

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and impastu
question...unless you are a real car enthusiast and speed junky (or aesthetic car junkie), I don't see why so many folks are getting the 21" wheels when you take a noticeable hit on range and comfort/ride...if stories on the ride comfort and battery hit are to be believed. It doesn't seem worth it for me (in my case).

I agree with you. I’m not a fan of the factory 21” wheels. If I wanted 20” or 21” wheels I would go with lighter performance oriented ones. The factory 21” wheels are non forged bricks. I believe they are over 35lbs each and don’t look that special for $4000. 19” wheels look pretty good with the covers off to me and are free. Not to mention Dallas roads will destroy 21” wheels. I bent my wheels twice when I had my GT4. I’m going to powder coat my 19” wheels satin black for $500. If I still don’t like them I can always sell them and get signature wheels.

Goregous (but crazy expensive $700k) V12 Ferrari 812, but low TQ output. 1/4 mi. around 10.5 sec. and 0-60mph in ~ 2.7-2.9 sec. The Ferrari SF90 hybrid is actually much quicker/faster than this beast. And of course, the Tesla MS Plaid is even quicker! :cool:
And do not even get me started on the depreciation of the V12s :0

As someone who has had a suite at the Mod Hell Hotel I can say that the conservative approach that Dinan takes is what I liked - more performance painlessly. My Tesla is the only high performance car that I have ever owned that I have not modified and only because I can’t - it is literally saving me from myself.
+1000

For all you guys who preorderd the Lucid here is some Info. Of course they cant achieve the the 520 mile range with the regular 113kw pack. So with a 40% bigger Battery i am sure Tesla could achieve even 560 miles no?

Its going to be a heavy car :)

1631822286064.png

View attachment 710203

Someone please talk me off the ledge. My date hasn't changed in 5 weeks and now this?!?

I vaguely remember some people having this happen right before it went blank then to vin?

Please tell me That's what is happening...

PLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE
Looks like you will finally be getting a VIN soon. Woohoo!

I hope you have your welcome to the club speech drafted. :D

For all you guys who preorderd the Lucid here is some Info. Of course they cant achieve the the 520 mile range with the regular 113kw pack. So with a 40% bigger Battery i am sure Tesla could achieve even 560 miles no?

View attachment 710201
And then he says that the MS battery is 113 kwh, which is clearly not the case. I like @wholemarsblog, but he could be slightly biased towards Tesla here. You cannot just calculate battery size from the EPA IIRC, because 1) They sometimes mess up info, and 2) There are other things to account for AFAIK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aleks0404
And then he says that the MS battery is 113 kwh, which is clearly not the case. I like @wholemarsblog, but he could be slightly biased towards Tesla here. You cannot just calculate battery size from the EPA IIRC, because 1) They sometimes mess up info, and 2) There are different charging losses and other things to account for AFAIK.

agree he is a big time Tesla bull

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And then he says that the MS battery is 113 kwh, which is clearly not the case. I like @wholemarsblog, but he could be slightly biased towards Tesla here. You cannot just calculate battery size from the EPA IIRC, because 1) They sometimes mess up info, and 2) There are different charging losses and other things to account for AFAIK.

EPA figures for kWh/100 miles includes charging inefficiencies. All he did was take the kWh/100 mile, multiplied by the EPA range and divided by 100. That doesn't get you battery capacity, it gets your power pulled from the wall to do that range.

agree he is a big time Tesla bull
Yup. Also, he does not seem to know much about calculating battery size. It's not as simple as multiplying this times that, and you're done.
EPA figures for kWh/100 miles includes charging inefficiencies. All he did was take the kWh/100 mile, multiplied by the EPA range and divided by 100. That doesn't get you battery capacity, it gets your power pulled from the wall to do that range.
Exactly!

View attachment 710201
This makes sense for the Lucid. The MS LR gets 405 mile range with EPA 120/124/115 ratings and we think a ~100kwh battery. Lucid is rated (for the Dream Range with 19" wheels) at 125/126/125 and 520 miles. Must have a bigger battery since its almost the same in terms of efficiency.

Edit: Makes sense the battery has to be bigger, not necessarily agreeing with the size stated.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid