Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tech told me that the refresh doesn’t have any power switched 12v…i.e., the power stays in even when car is locked down. If true…This simply means a user power off required for radar and lasers. Can anyone confirm or deny?
My radar detector turns itself on and off without any action on my part and worked consistently well until my car went in to Tesla service. We’ll see how it fares after….I dunno if they’ll have to remove any parts of it to repair the car. As of right now they have a targeted repair completion date three weeks out (service submitted data—trying to find root cause for error codes generated because of one of the steering modules—to Tesla engineering and waiting for direction 🤦‍♀️). Feeling the Service frustration/disappointment like @Mandarin and @WilliamG—maybe if I didn’t enjoy driving the car so much it would stick in my craw a little less

Excuse me. I never said I wanted a Plaid and cry to myself every night because I didn't get one, thank you!

The Plaid has cool talking points, 99.9999999% of all people who buy it will never need them other than to sound cool at some country club. I value range over performance. If I were gonna blow $150k on a car, well I'd just wait for the Roadster which has both (it also looks cooler and more unique). ;)
At 6’3” and 240lbs (on a good day), I will take the Plaid over the Roadster all day every day. And I think the Plaid is priced fairly for the performance, interior and exterior initial quality, and reliability of the software, fit and finish. Nonetheless I’m sure the price of the LR will track the Mercedes and BMW top of the line, and the Plaid premium vs. LR will increase as Tesla adds more options and bling to match the performance.

At 6’3” and 240lbs (on a good day), I will take the Plaid over the Roadster all day every day. And I think the Plaid is priced fairly for the performance, interior and exterior initial quality, and reliability of the software, fit and finish. Nonetheless I’m sure the price of the LR will track the Mercedes and BMW top of the line, and the Plaid premium vs. LR will increase as Tesla adds more options and bling to match the performance.
Fairly priced? The Plaid is a relative bargain based on performance. I'm 6ft - I wish the seat would go a little lower.

Couple days in and thrilled. Car is now at detailers for a few days. Quick question on missing mats, trunk privacy shelf and trunk covers. Basically, I’m missing the entire package. I know others are missing the shelf or just the back covers. The SA says they know, it’s noted and I should get them in a couple weeks. 🤣 Another waiting game or a never ending delivery. They refuse to send an email confirming they owe them or the process. I’m also concerned they won’t send the whole package and I’ll get a trunk privacy cover only as most are just missing that. I haven’t seen entire package missing yet. Has anyone received any of their stuff in the mail? If so, how long did it take after delivery?

MS LR delivered 9/4 Decatur GA missing everything as well. No updates of any kind yet.

My tech told me that the refresh doesn’t have any power switched 12v…i.e., the power stays in even when car is locked down. If true…This simply means a user power off required for radar and lasers. Can anyone confirm or deny?
I neither confirm or deny this. 😂

Local shop installed an underglow kit on a refresh. Had a hell of a time finding a 12v source but eventually found one. One caveat...the car needs to be in sentry mode to keep the car awake enough to keep it powered while parked.

The new lithium ion 12v battery itself doesn't have any posts like a traditional battery, just has a wiring harness coming out of it.

My EDD had been holding steady at Nov 28 - Dec 18 for the past 3 weeks or so, but this morning has gone Blank... I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign, but I'll try to remain optimistic for now! It had originally shown October, then went to February with the mass update.

Hope the Blank date means that white interior cars are being moved up the stack and that it might come a bit earlier, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back.

yep...come back and let me know when that happens...
I bought FSD for our X and ordered for my Plaid because based on past behavior I’m confident that we will keep both cars for at least 7-8 years (and likely more for the Plaid). I remain confident that the FSD purchase was a better option for our Teslas. Should we buy a 3 or Y for our kids, we will be unlikely to add FSD and expect them to finance insurance and FSD subscription (if desired) on their own.

T or C.JPG
Plaids at Truth or Consequences, NM yesterday.
Stunning green one had a California plate, Signature badge. Black one from Texas.
Same 2 showed up in Albuquerque later in the day.
Albuquerque needs more Superchargers.