Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Porsche lapped their Taycan Turbo not even the Turbo S. I don’t think they need to prove anything. Most Porsche buyers understand how well they handle and brake. 12 seconds on a 7 and a half minite track is not much for a car that has almost TWICE the horsepower. I’m not saying the Plaid isn’t impressive but to say it handles better than a Taycan is silly. That’s just blind brand loyalty. I have driven and ridden with a professional driver around a track in a Taycan Turbo S on a track, it’s a different animal. The Plaid would destroy a Taycan Turbo S in a straight line and in comfort. They are built for different purposes. If the Plaid was built for the track it wouldn’t have crappy brakes. Like I said earlier. A model S Plaid does not need to be the best at everything. Why are you guys so defensive about your cars? Next you are going to tell me the brakes are better too?
I'm thinking of moving towards this type of braking once the car is delivered.

I already made an appointment with my friend Tom "Mr Le Mans" to drive it in Le Castellet near my home

A few forum members and reviewers have states the M3P handles better. It weighs less and is more nimble. I track my GT3 and it has stock brakes, suspension and tires, the only upgrade is a roll bar and harness for safety. There is a reason you don’t see Teslas at the track. Different cars for different purposes. Yes I am generalizing. Every Tesla I have dricen has the same steering feel. I’ve driven them all except the new Model S. I’ll report back to you Thursday but I doubt my opinions will change, it’s just how Tesla’s suspension is designed. Tesla is designed to be a daily driver that can be sports car. Porsche is designed to be a sports car that you can daily drive. Anyways I’m over it if you guys think your Teslas handle better than a Porsche. Continue being fanboys.
Please stop with the “fanboy” bashing. Don’t forget that the LR doesn’t have torque vectoring. Protect your Porsche cred at all costs

Welp. 150 miles in and car basically went into basic mode. No power steering. No regen. And other issues.

Pulled over and turned vehicle power off for 2 minutes and it worked fine for another mile before it went into basic mode again.

Can’t schedule an independent appointment for this as I already had one for the cosmetic issues lined up. Will have to wait until service center opens to see what to do.

Not going to lie, it’s pretty defeating to have these issues pop up so soon and I’m fully prepared that something is catastrophically wrong. I hope that isn’t the case and it’s some sensor gone awry.

099C4E0D-70DF-404F-91EA-6875E8650DB5.jpeg

I’ll let you know on Thursday when I get my MSLR, how the handling is. But I’ve driven a Model 3 performance and to compare the handling to a Porsche is a joke. I’m sorry but Tesla steering and handling feel is numb. Yes brakes, a wing, tire upgrade and modified suspension will do wonders for a Plaid, but we are talking about the cars handling as is. You guys are such fanboys it’s hilarious. Can’t handle that your car isn’t the best in every category.
Are you even listening to yourself? While it's true there are many Tesla fanboys here, you are buying a Tesla and you are obviously a fanboy of Porsche. There are MANY models of Porsche out there and ALL of them don't handle the same, they don't accelerate the same and they don't brake the same. I have to say that the best handling car I've EVER driven to date is a Porsche 718 GTS 4.0. This is the epitome of a driver's car, in my opinion. Will it beat a Plaid in the 1/4 mile? No. Will it beat a LR in the 1/4 mile? No. Will it brake 60-0 quicker than either a Plaid or LR? Yes. Will it run around a very twisty race track with short straightaways quicker than a Plaid or LR? Yes. Will it run around a massive race track with several long straightaways quicker than a Plaid or LR? No. Conclusion? Any Tesla is not the best car in every category and any Porsche is not the best car in every category. Now suffice it to say that I have not driven a Rimac Nivera and probably never will. But it just might be the best car in every category except pricing. YMMV if you are rich enough.

Porsche lapped their Taycan Turbo not even the Turbo S. I don’t think they need to prove anything. Most Porsche buyers understand how well they handle and brake. 12 seconds on a 7 and a half minite track is not much for a car that has almost TWICE the horsepower. I’m not saying the Plaid isn’t impressive but to say it handles better than a Taycan is silly. That’s just blind brand loyalty. I have driven and ridden with a professional driver around a track in a Taycan Turbo S on a track, it’s a different animal. The Plaid would destroy a Taycan Turbo S in a straight line and in comfort. They are built for different purposes. If the Plaid was built for the track it wouldn’t have crappy brakes. Like I said earlier. A model S Plaid does not need to be the best at everything. Why are you guys so defensive about your cars? Next you are going to tell me the brakes are better too?
Spoken like a true GT3 owner. 😉 If I had room in my garage I’d have one sitting beside my Plaid too.

Off topic…So, prior to delivery, I was set on changing my wheels, either to powder coat OEM wheels (which someone likened to putting lipstick on a pig) or to some aftermarket option. Now that I have the car, I actually really like the aero covers with my blackout look. And I’m thinking it will take away from the blackout look if I have bright shiny rotors staring back at me. Lol. No one I’ve encountered (yet) has made fun of the aero caps. Any thoughts?
Ha ha you guys can’t let me yank your chain too hard, now… I’m just havin’ some fun on the internets as always. The black 19s really do look so much better than the originals. Your bat mobile is amazing bro… congrats and enjoy!

Welp. 150 miles in and car basically went into basic mode. No power steering. No regen. And other issues.

Pulled over and turned vehicle power off for 2 minutes and it worked fine for another mile before it went into basic mode again.

Can’t schedule an independent appointment for this as I already had one for the cosmetic issues lined up. Will have to wait until service center opens to see what to do.

Not going to lie, it’s pretty defeating to have these issues pop up so soon and I’m fully prepared that something is catastrophically wrong. I hope that isn’t the case and it’s some sensor gone awry.

View attachment 711362
Are you SURE you didn't put the car into dynomode and can't figure out how to get it out? This happened to me when I put my S in dynomode. Of course, I GTS'd and figured out how to get the car out of dynomode and all is well. In case you're wondering what GTS is? Google That Sugar.

Anyone else have buyers remorse after their purchase? I’ve never purchased something so expensive(besides a house) or a new car before. Like I’ve been wanting a Tesla for like 6 years and should be arriving this coming Saturday but I can’t help but feel so guilty that my anxiety has been a problem.
Maybe I’m just overthinking lol
Let me know if you back out. I'll take yours.

Are you SURE you didn't put the car into dynomode and can't figure out how to get it out? This happened to me when I put my S in dynomode. Of course, I GTS'd and figured out how to get the car out of dynomode and all is well. In case you're wondering what GTS is? Google That Sugar.
Definitely haven’t put into dynomode. Appreciate you chiming in though!

Definitely haven’t put into dynomode. Appreciate you chiming in though!
Totally sorry that you didn't, because I could solve your problem. But just for sugar and grins, try this and see if it works.

Go into the car's UI and navigate to "Safety and Security" tab and press the "power off" button. Now wait for a few minutes and it should reboot. If after 2 or 3 minutes it does not reboot, step on your brake and hold it, hold both scroll wheels down and manually reboot the car. I hope it helps. I know it can't hurt to try.

View attachment 711362
Did you try a soft reset? Holding down both scroll wheels until it reboots?

Totally sorry that you didn't, because I could solve your problem. But just for sugar and grins, try this and see if it works.

Go into the car's UI and navigate to "Safety and Security" tab and press the "power off" button. Now wait for a few minutes and it should reboot. If after 2 or 3 minutes it does not reboot, step on your brake and hold it, hold both scroll wheels down and manually reboot the car. I hope it helps. I know it can't hurt to try.
Totally appreciate that. I pulled over originally and did that. After 1 mile issue popped up again, party why I’m fully prepared for some major issue. Some other Google searches mention a sensor so I’m hoping it’s that.

Please stop with the “fanboy” bashing. Don’t forget that the LR doesn’t have torque vectoring. Protect your Porsche cred at all costs
Are you even listening to yourself? While it's true there are many Tesla fanboys here, you are buying a Tesla and you are obviously a fanboy of Porsche. There are MANY models of Porsche out there and ALL of them don't handle the same, they don't accelerate the same and they don't brake the same. I have to say that the best handling car I've EVER driven to date is a Porsche 718 GTS 4.0. This is the epitome of a driver's car, in my opinion. Will it beat a Plaid in the 1/4 mile? No. Will it beat a LR in the 1/4 mile? No. Will it brake 60-0 quicker than either a Plaid or LR? Yes. Will it run around a very twisty race track with short straightaways quicker than a Plaid or LR? Yes. Will it run around a massive race track with several long straightaways quicker than a Plaid or LR? No. Conclusion? Any Tesla is not the best car in every category and any Porsche is not the best car in every category. Now suffice it to say that I have not driven a Rimac Nivera and probably never will. But it just might be the best car in every category except pricing. YMMV if you are rich enough.
Nah man, Porsche has been building race cars for 5 BILLION YEARS, so there is no way a puny Tesla could ever equal that, no matter how good lol. And also @drdonger lol, you are on a Tesla forum here. You can't expect to not find people who think Tesla or the Plaid is great.
For real though, it is never good to just go off of brand pedigree, or how long they've been doing something. This is EXACTLY the attitude that has effed over every car maker regarding EVs. Awww yeah they can try, but we've been doing this longer, and so we're automatically better. NOPE. Now they are scrambling to catch up, because they effed up and didn't take Tesla seriously enough. Why do you think Tesla has basically mind-effed every other automaker? They were overconfident in this field. "We've been making cars for a 100 years." Yeah, maybe you've been doing it WRONG the whole time.

@drdonger, I respect Porsche and all, but automatically dismissing a car you haven't driven yet is not necessarily the best course of action here. It's for sure that the Porsche probably has better feel, but it can be the best feeling car in the world, and still be slower. It's all subjective.🙂

Last edited:
Back to close to the original purpose of the forum. My daily refresh today showed more EOQ shenanigans. Timeline of EDDs since the Tesla apology email:

EDD post email: 9/30-10/20
Shortly after: 9/20-9/30
About Sept. 1: 9/18-9/29
Sept. 10: SA said matched to Oct. production/delivery
Sept. 11: 9/15-9/29
Sept. 16: 9/18-9/27
Sept. 19: 9/21-30

As we approach EOQ, my dates move backwards one day into the start of the EDD. This is driving me nuts.

Also, the 2 recent reports of what look to be total failures are troubling. I was really worried about fit and finish QC you can see before. Now I am wondering about the QC under the hood (or the EV equivalent. Maybe it's better if I get a non EOQ October car after all.