Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, but I think my car was delivered to the SC today. Is it possible to go after hours and just look at it in the lot?
It’s very location and situation specific. If it’s parked outside you can go look at it in the parking lot. However if they are parked inside somewhere then a Tesla employee will have to be on hand and give you access.

Of course they are all different cars. I can easily argue that a Miata is a more capable track car then either the Porsche or a Tesla. I just question what seems to be your stance that every Porsche automatically has track superiority over any Tesla because of its superior “handling”. Throw in the dollars spent factor and you can really open up this argument.

I never said a Porsche has better track superiority. I said Porsche’s have better steering feel and handling. I also never said Porsche was a better deal or else I wouldn’t be buying a Model S refresh. No need to get bent out of shape because your car isn’t the best in every single category.

Reactions: impastu
I never said a Porsche has better track superiority. I said Porsche’s have better steering feel and handling. I also never said Porsche was a better deal or else I wouldn’t be buying a Model S refresh. No need to get bent out of shape because your car isn’t the best in every single category.
Man you are a rhetoric machine. Live long and prosper

I'm in! :)

PlaidOrderDetails.JPG

Estimated Delivery: Jan-Feb

Pray for me.

Shout out to the community who have already taken delivery (X-post)- Can we have a few members go out any see if your rear seats auto flip flat when you activate the seat release buttons in the trunk on the driver's side? My MY has the same buttons and the seats are motorized and flip to lower position automatically. With my three times the price Plaid, the only thing that happens is the seats unlock and you still have to reach forward and push the seats down yourself. How does your LR/Plaid work?
I checked mine. They work the same as yours and need a push to make them lie flat.
Also, I don’t understand why there are two sets of buttons to do the same job.

After stealth ppf and tint. In high suspension, before wheels.

I'm in! :)

View attachment 711420

Estimated Delivery: Jan-Feb

Pray for me.
Wow, it's tacky to reply to your own post, but I forgot to add a bit of information to those interested in such things...

I've been visiting the "order your Plaid" configurator page on nearly a daily basis for the last couple of weeks, trying to work up the courage to actually click that little button.

Sometime last week, the estimated delivery date changed from "Jan-Feb" to "April." As of fifteen minutes ago when I actually developed the required amount of testosterone to click said button, the EDD has gone back to "Jan-Feb."

Oh, and there was no place to put a referral code... just ask @jebinc :(

The More You Know.

My reservation ($1,000 deposit) was originally a Plaid that I ordered on Battery Day (9/22/20 when it was announced) It became a Plaid+ reservation when the current Plaids came along. I had it converted to a Plaid shortly after the Plaid+ was canceled. So no price increase was actually experienced. People who got $2k off actually got a $8k price increase. vs a $10k price increase over pre-refresh pricing. Tesla just discounted 2k of the increase to ease the pain…
They still owe you a $2000 reduction, at delivery, for the FSD if you got it....

Reactions: impastu