Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s one set on the left side inside the trunk area and one button behind each split seat.
Two options to perform the same action.
Sure. That makes sense. From the back seat you reach behind when there. And pull down. Or use one in trunk when at back of car and push down with whatever you are putting in car. Not as good as assisted/motorized but ok.

Last edited:
Seems like you would need to rip out all the seats for a significant weight savings to see better 1/4 mi runs. Honestly, to me at least, it’s not about running 1/4 mi or 0-60mph at the track because the MS Plaid blows EVERYTHING away, even 100% bone stock with stock wheels and 1-5 people inside the car! 😳

Yes, one reason why I bought the lightweight forged Signature wheels is because of the unsprung weight reduction (thinking it would be a touch quicker) but mostly, it was because I liked the look of the wheels better than oem stock Arachnids or the Tempest wheels and wanted my MS Plaid to be a little different than most others. 😎

So it would seem that changing out the wheels to reduce each corner by 10-12lb or whatever makes virtually no difference in performance at least in terms of how quick the car is. It could help with performance in terms of cornering and handling though; that’s a little more difficult to capture data on though. 🤔

This is the fastest I've seen. Seats out. Jockey sized pro driver. Stock Arachnids. Skip to 18:55.

Seems like you would need to rip out all the seats for a significant weight savings to see better 1/4 mi runs. Honestly, to me at least, it’s not about running 1/4 mi or 0-60mph at the track because the MS Plaid blows EVERYTHING away, even 100% bone stock with stock wheels and 1-5 people inside the car! 😳

Yes, one reason why I bought the lightweight forged Signature wheels is because of the unsprung weight reduction (thinking it would be a touch quicker) but mostly, it was because I liked the look of the wheels better than oem stock Arachnids or the Tempest wheels and wanted my MS Plaid to be a little different than most others. 😎

So it would seem that changing out the wheels to reduce each corner by 10-12lb or whatever makes virtually no difference in performance at least in terms of how quick the car is. It could help with performance in terms of cornering and handling though; that’s a little more difficult to capture data on though. 🤔
I want to beat other Plaids at the drag strip though 🤣

I want to beat other Plaids at the drag strip though 🤣
In all seriousness, you do realize you can’t run < 10 sec at the drag strip right? If you do, they kick you off and tell you you’ll need a roll cage and a parachute next time to run on the track. That’s why few are actually running at the track and when they do, they either do 10.0+ sec 1/4 mi runs OR they do private track rentals like Brooks @ DragTimes does.

In all seriousness, you do realize you can’t run < 10 sec at the drag strip right? If you do, they kick you off and tell you you’ll need a roll cage and a parachute next time to run on the track. That’s why few are actually running at the track and when they do, they either do 10.0+ sec 1/4 mi runs OR they do private track rentals like Brooks @ DragTimes does.
Depends on the drag strip and if they're NHRA or not

Was that with the 20" Signature's?

I haven't heard of Michaelin Cup 2 tires before, are they better than the pilot 4s?

Yes. 20x10 & 20x11 with 285/35/20 & 305/30/20

Dragtimes got 1.96 seconds 0-60 in his 20" Michelin Cup 2 setup.
Brook is running PS4S on that setup.

Awesome. If I got Signatures 19s should it still be 19 by 10.5 inches in front and 19 by 11 in rear?
One thing to keep in mind is the very limited tire option for the 19". Also, ideally you want to keep as close to OEM diamter as possible.

For example, the widest 19" tire you would want to run is 295/40/19.

However, because of the more bulgey sidewall on the 19 and 20" tire, the widest front I would recommend is 285 ( to fit without poke)

If you want the absolutely max contact patch possible for the 19" and have the wheel fit without any poke:

19x10.5 w/ 285
19x11 w/ 295

Last edited:
Yes. 20x10 & 20x11 with 285/35/20 & 305/30/20

Brook is running PS4S on that setup.

One thing to keep in mind is the very limited tire option for the 19". Also, ideally you want to keep as close to OEM diamter as possible.

For example, the widest 19" tire you would want to run is 295/40/19.

However, bcause of the more bulgey sidewall on the 19 and 20" tire, the widest front I would recommend is 285 ( to fit without poke)

If you want the absolutely max contact patch possible for the 19" and have the wheel fit without any poke:

19x10.5 w/ 285
19x11 w/ 295
I didn't know he was running the PS4S. Thought he said he was running the Cup 2s, but he said that he was running running he thought the Track Pack would be, which would be running Cup 2s. Sorry for the mistake, @Venom.

Reactions: impastu
I wasn't impressed with the 0 - 60 times i've seen with signature wheels. I haven't seen any 19" signatures doing 0 - 60, but I saw the 20" Signature's were doing the same as the stock 19s
I can tell you for a fact that on my Raven, my SV104 0-60 and 1/4 mile times were reduced by 0.10 seconds. When I finally get my Plaid I will test if the wheels make any difference with 1020 HP.