Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you tell someone what their motivations are, and that person disagrees with you, you are absolutely wrong. You started this exchange when you quoted me, and then proceeded to tell me how I feel about things and told me what my motivations are. I notice everyone who gave you a heart is on my ignore list. I'm guessing those are the same people who you say told me of their disapprovals? I didn't see those.

Word vomit? I'm guessing you have nothing constructive to add anymore. I suggest you take responsibility as well. You started this exchange by applying your incorrect assessment of my point of view. If you don't have the stomach for this conversation, then walk away.
Am I the only one on this forum that "feels the love" between these two?

Felt like it'd be cathartic to share my frustrating experience with Tesla this close to the goal line.

Got a VIN 8/28, original delivery date of 9/8-9/14.

Since then I have had my date move out 9 times. First it was transit from El Paso to Birmingham that was delayed, and now it's been sitting in the Alabama rail yard for over a week.

• Last Friday, it was expected at the SC on Sunday (9/19)
  • On Sunday, it was pushed to Tuesday (9/21)
  • Yesterday it was pushed to Wednesday night (9/22)
God only knows when I am going to get this car, but it'll be close to a month between receiving a VIN and taking delivery.

I told them I would fly to Birmingham to pick it up, but they wouldn't even consider it.
Hopefully you'll have your S tomorrow night!

Yes. Did you have your car wrapped/PPF applied? If so, that could be the problem. (Some coverings have to be cut out over the ultrasonic sensors. Or sometimes the detailer forgets to fully plug the sensors/harnesses back in after they take things apart.)

View attachment 711912
my park assist features work fine through my wrap. no cutouts.

Felt like it'd be cathartic to share my frustrating experience with Tesla this close to the goal line.

Since then I have had my date move out 9 times. First it was transit from El Paso to Birmingham that was delayed, and now it's been sitting in the Alabama rail yard for over a week.

• Last Friday, it was expected at the SC on Sunday (9/19)
  • On Sunday, it was pushed to Tuesday (9/21)
  • Yesterday it was pushed to Wednesday night (9/22)
God only knows when I am going to get this car, but it'll be close to a month between receiving a VIN and taking delivery.

I told them I would fly to Birmingham to pick it up, but they wouldn't even consider it.
Sounds like it may really be in a body shop; seriously....

can you elaborate?
He has some news about the 4680s that he hasn’t shared yet, but he’s got enough bank and he’s old enough to be pleasantly surprised when he wakes up, so patience is a given. That translates to patience with everything. And he’s a Christian.

:D

Somewhat off topic, but some news for those of you waiting for a 4680 driven S. Oh, and BTW, I'm not harboring anger while waiting because I know it's new technology and will take some time. I have the money and patience to wait. Only God knows if I have the time.

can you elaborate?
Tap on the 4680 link in his post.

When you tell someone what their motivations are, and that person disagrees with you, you are absolutely wrong. You started this exchange when you quoted me, and then proceeded to tell me how I feel about things and told me what my motivations are. I notice everyone who gave you a heart is on my ignore list. I'm guessing those are the same people who you say told me of their disapprovals? I didn't see those.

Word vomit? I'm guessing you have nothing constructive to add anymore. I suggest you take responsibility as well. You started this exchange by applying your incorrect assessment of my point of view. If you don't have the stomach for this conversation, then walk away.
This has nothing to do with having a stomach for conversation and everything to do with not wanting to waste time on a useless argument. Like I said I was not the only one who felt you were making a statement about people defending their choices while doing it yourself in the same post, there are others who perceived it similarly. I think it is childish to mention hearts on a comment. I do not care about that and just because some people who liked my comment are on your ignore list does not mean they're wrong and you're right. I have agreed with several of your posts and now disagree with this one, surely you don't think I have something against you. I don't think likes and dislikes are that big of a deal man. You're correct, there is nothing constructive to add here when you fail to acknowledge that you were doing exactly what you were accusing others of doing in your comment and I cannot go back in time and un-perceive your comment just like several others did. Me quoting you or responding to your post is a normal thing to do, it is what happens on an online forum. You're acting as if my response affected your credit score or some sh*t lol. It's not that serious. Let's agree to disagree here and move on. There is nothing to gain from this for either one of us so no sense in wasting time and energy.

Delivery date has been finalized. I didnt get to choose though. My EDD was sept 22-28. My SA asked if I wanted to pick it up on Sept 27. I replied that I would like to pick it up the earliest possible date and thats what they choose for me.

February 20: 5-11 weeks
May 14: August
May 15: June 1-30
May 16: August
May 17: Blank
August 10: September 19-30
August 13: September 17-30
August 17 : September 15-30
September 11: September 22-30
September 15: September 26-29 VIN received
September 17: September 22-28
September 20: uploaded insurance, received delivery appt for Sept 27 6pm

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/27 6pm Denver, CO

patt0n said:

Sounds like it may really be in a body shop; seriously....
I would also second that. My EDD moved back one day every day for 12 days. When I got the car it was great. Only later when I put a paint thickness gauge on it did I discover that it had been completely repainted. In my case I see that as a bonus since my paint is almost 8 mils thick. The only other Plaid I saw tested with the same gauge was 3m mils.

Just inspect it with an eye for anything that may have been repaired.

My friend, I totally understand...

I told me wife nearly exactly what you posted... I'm concerned, anxious, feeling guilty, etc. Her response: "Honey, for 27 years, I've watched you struggle to get your career going, work endless hours, with months at a time away from home. I've watched you sacrifice everything you wanted in order to provide for your family. You've supported me and our two kids better than a wife could ever ask a husband to do. It's time you rewarded yourself for a job well done. Get the car, and enjoy every second of it. Don't feel bad, guilty or anxious. You've done your job for me and our family. I want you to get that car and enjoy every minute of it. Oh, and I want you to take me to a drive in theater after we get the car. And make out. A lot."

Life is short. Do something that makes you happy, even if it means you have to stretch a bit to do it. Yeah, "Life is short" gets used a lot, but often time people don't really realize how much that really applies; I've had several friends have their lives cut short recently and unexpectedly. Buy the car. Eat your desert. Be happy. Gawd knows you deserve it.

Chances are, you're the typical American man that has worked his whole life to support his family and has never bothered to pat himself on the back a bit for it.

Pat your back, man... you've done good.

Oh, and post pics of your new ride. :D
Wow, wife of the year. Can she talk to my wife?