Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using these in my 2 cars for about an year, no problem
SanDisk 128GB High Endurance Video MicroSDXC Card with Adapter for Dash Cam and Home Monitoring systems - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, Micro SD Card - SDSQQNR-128G-GN6IA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NY23WB...abc_0MQEVK9JV86C9Y3RNGXT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My Plaid red, white, cf, 19", FSD delivery date just went from Oct 23-Nov 12 to Sept 24-30. Now I have to sell part of my Tesla stock quickly. Plus I am leaving tomorrow for a one-week vacation that I may have to cut short. I did not get a vin so maybe I will get a later delivery.
interesting keep us posted if you get the VIN. @sflgator @cwanja

Has anyone actually taken delivery of 19" All Seasons on a Tesla Plaid? When I took delivery 2 weeks ago, I was told that Tesla would send a van out to where the car was and change out the tires. Now Service wants to sell me the all seasons.
I thought all Plaids came with summer tires, regardless of the wheel size. The LR comes with AS on the 19" wheels. (At least in areas that it makes sense to.)

My Plaid red, white, cf, 19", FSD delivery date just went from Oct 23-Nov 12 to Sept 24-30. Now I have to sell part of my Tesla stock quickly. Plus I am leaving tomorrow for a one-week vacation that I may have to cut short. I did not get a vin so maybe I will get a later delivery.
Don’t sell too quickly. My EDD is like a pendulum.

See history below.
Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

Ok,
So slightly off topic, when I dropped off my Plaid for PPF, I was asked about chrome deleting the “T” & “Plaid” badges in the back.
initially said no as the lack of contrast would make them nearly invisible.
I really dislike menus with black text on a red background in restaurants for that reason.
Now having second thoughts as they are inconsistent with the rest of the trim.
Included at no additional cost.
So decision is purely on the aesthetics.
Thoughts, please.
Do it.

A few Features from my Pre-’21 Model S 100D I will miss as they don’t appear to be on the new Refreshed Model S Plaid.

It’s possible that I just haven’t figured them out yet - reading the manual and my brief drive.

1. Pulling autopilot stalk towards me to set The speed to the current speed limit plus the offset. We also have a Model 3 and touching the speed limit sign on the touchscreen accomplishes the same thing. On the Plaid Model S, Speed Limit Sign is on the Instrument Cluster, not the Touchscreen)
This could easily be accommodated in software.

2. Making phone calls on the pre-refresh model S is so easy and less of a distraction using the scroll whee/instrument cluster. Option completely gone in the model 3.
Has anybody found something similar on your new MS?
Otherwise it’s just voice dialing or using the phone app on the main screen:(
1. Right now, no. It definitely would be nice to have some way, but in the current software version no.

2. Same line, in the current software no. The manual states that there is no controls set to the scroll wheels. I assume those are coming back.

You can track "missing" features here. 2021 Refresh S - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

Not sure I would trust it. I have a 10+ month old order 1142xxxx, and my EDD Sept date has changed 5 times, now at Sept 23-30...and still no VIN today. Same build Plaid with white int/CF/19"/FSD (just blue paint).

I have been using these in my 2 cars for about an year, no problem
SanDisk 128GB High Endurance Video MicroSDXC Card with Adapter for Dash Cam and Home Monitoring systems - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, Micro SD Card - SDSQQNR-128G-GN6IA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NY23WB...abc_0MQEVK9JV86C9Y3RNGXT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I believe the new S comes with one FYI. I ordered the Tesla USB while my hood was being repainted… got the car back… went to insert USB and one was already in. I asked service dude if they left theirs & he said that’s the one it came with

The saga continues. For the third time this month, I entered my online EDD period and for the third time, my online EDD got pushed back one day after I entered the period. The second week of September, my SA told me I was slated for an October production car in her system but to be ready to act quickly in case one matching my order became available. I guess my SA was right and the online EDD is just prodding me to be ready until the end of quarter to help Elon and Tesla meet their EOQ goal. I think it's time to buy my SA a coffee since it is clear no one else at Tesla cares about anything than their quarterly numbers. I guess the one benefit of buying in person and being personable and polite is you build a relationship with someone. Ok, turning Dad speak off.

Back to kind of the original purpose of this forum. Timeline of EDDs since the Tesla apology email:
EDD post email: 9/30-10/20
Shortly after: 9/20-9/30
About Sept. 1: 9/18-9/29
Sept. 10: SA said matched to Oct. production/delivery
Sept. 11: 9/15-9/29
Sept. 16: 9/18-9/27
Sept. 19: 9/21-30
Sept. 21: 9/24-30

LR, MS with black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered May 1 in mall, RN1148

I thought all Plaids came with summer tires, regardless of the wheel size. The LR comes with AS on the 19" wheels. (At least in areas that it makes sense to.)
I was interested in this so I checked out a few manufacturers sites. As far as I could tell, many performance oriented cars are available only with summer tires from the factory regardless of local climate and replacing them with something else is on the customer. Where does this expectation that Tesla should be different come from?

Just saw a friend whose husband just took delivery of Performance Model S. He had to go to the service center to pick it up. They had it since August 25. Seems the couldn't get the navigation maps to update so all you saw was California. On top of that his previous Model S has vanity plates which he took with him and the new car had regular NYS plates. On top of that the advisor did not show him ANYTHING about the car and controls (turn signal is a button on the steering wheel which he hates) and said he could watch you tube videos on how all the stuff on the car works.
I've considered being a service advisor. According to the duties of said person on their website I would've been fired.

I was interested in this so I checked out a few manufacturers sites. As far as I could tell, many performance oriented cars are available only with summer tires from the factory regardless of local climate and replacing them with something else is on the customer. Where does this expectation that Tesla should be different come from?
Putting aside the fact that the LR is as fast or faster than many of these "performance" cars, I would think it reasonable for the LR to come with AS as opposed to summers...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid