Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

@asimo3089 Can you post a picture of your rear wheel arches?​

My car is in for a full front Suntek Reaction PPF + window tint and I want to have him put film where you are having the problem. He asked for a pic and I find can't anything searching the Internet or this forum... I know pics are here but...wrong...search...words. :mad:
I was able to find a video of another Plaid owner who drag races their car, and happened to see their wheel arches with similar damage. This gives you an idea of where to cover.
For all we know they're dirty and not paint chips but it matches the damage area my car has.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 3.54.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 3.54.40 PM.png
    891.9 KB · Views: 103
Ok,
So slightly off topic, when I dropped off my Plaid for PPF, I was asked about chrome deleting the “T” & “Plaid” badges in the back.
initially said no as the lack of contrast would make them nearly invisible.
I really dislike menus with black text on a red background in restaurants for that reason.
Now having second thoughts as they are inconsistent with the rest of the trim.
Included at no additional cost.
So decision is purely on the aesthetics.
Thoughts, please.
Ok,
I broke down and went with the Chrome delete. They do it in plastidip which they say they can easily remove if I ever want to. So, apparently once I go black I can go back.

Has anyone else put the launch day plaid badge on? I'm thinking of taking the plaid word off and replacing it with one of those, but I'm also wary of random ebay quality.
I purchased one from Ebay but I haven't installed yet. My plan was to remove the plaid badge because I thought it would draw too much attention from people looking to race etc. That hasn't been the case; at least not yet :)

For all you knowledgeable men (and women) out there, engineers or not, I have a couple of questions. One, when I punch my Plaid it appears that it or me are raising off the ground. Is it the G-force sensation transferring to the brain or is the car actually lifting a bit. And number two is why are batteries more efficient when they are warmed up? Thanks
Besides the front lifting some, acceleration can cause an illusion of the front rising. It's a heads-up or somatogravic illusion. The feeling usually happens when you can't see. So if you want to check if that's it, close you eyes the next time you launch it. Get back to us on that. 😇
That would definitely be the smart thing to do so we could judge for ourselves. Too bad us early adopters have nothing to test drive or even look at (for most of us) before ordering. I would have waited until next year but I have no patience.

Buying before seeing saved me $40k because even though I'm very cheap, have a bad back (getting old sucks), and would 99.99% of the time never use the extra acceleration and speed, I'm sure I would have picked the Plaid just because my mental development stopped when I was in high school hanging out with my friends and screwing around with 60s era American muscle cars and one really pathetic but fun Triumph Spitfire.
I wish I still had my Spitfire! You could sit on the tire and work on the engine. Very comfortable.
Why delete the “Plaid” completely?
So you can put a Prius badge there. 🙂

OT - I charge overnight to 95% in preparation for a 100 mile each direction trip to Atlantic City, NJ. I jumped in the car this morning and switched from percentage to miles to see the approximate range. It read 223 miles. That's somewhat disappointing for a 95% charge, do you agree? My car is always plugged in at home (although I only charge off peak) and I charge to 80% daily. Surprised I didn't see something closer to 300-320 miles.

EDIT: Added pic after a 10 min charge back to 95%. 🤷‍♂️
0E1232A8-48E6-4499-B2B3-3FE53E6BB1D9.jpeg

Last edited:
OT - I charge overnight to 95% in preparation for a 100 mile each direction trip to Atlantic City, NJ. I jumped in the car this morning and switched from percentage to miles to see the approximate range. It read 223 miles. That's somewhat disappointing for a 95% charge, do you agree? My car is always plugged in at home (although I only charge off peak) and I charge to 80% daily. Surprised I didn't see something closer to 300-320 miles.
it's calculated off your recent driving patterns. someone still is enjoying the acceleration :)

it's calculated off your recent driving patterns. someone still is enjoying the acceleration :)
This is not true for displayed range. It is calculated based off rated energy efficiency and how much energy the car thinks is in the battery. There is almost definitely something wrong here.

Navigation, on the other hand, does take your driving conditions into account and will show more realistic estimates of how much range you will use on a trip vs the displayed range.

@HFh Love your car, looks amazingly tight, bro. You MUST go for that Yellow Jacket look w/ yellow calipers and post pics. Do not be a lazy sod, man, come on! You know how we who shall not get close EDDs are all living vicariously through those of you who have already gotten cars!

I may do it later this year. I have to stare at the car for awhile as is first.

Btw, can I send you the bill for the stealth wrap that you (& so many others on TMC) have now convinced me of getting??

You may. I’ll probably frame it.

Speaking of which, the guys who did my car did a video of it: