Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's calculated off your recent driving patterns. someone still is enjoying the acceleration :)
The miles remaining displayed in the IC is based on a fixed efficiency coefficient for the car, so it is derived from the remaining kWh in the pack * the coefficient--I am not sure anyone has determined the coefficient for the new cars. The only thing you can change is wheel size, which changes the coefficient. The energy apps shows range based on recent driving behavior, but so far, we don't have that yet in the new FW.

Chill mode will not consume any less energy than insane, ludicrous or plaid. It ALL depends on how heavy your foot is.
True if just cruising. But Chill mode can save oneself from doing hard accelerations every now and then, which will consume more energy if in Sport or Plaid mode than Chill given the same amount of foot heaviness.

The miles remaining displayed in the IC is based on a fixed efficiency coefficient for the car, so it is derived from the remaining kWh in the pack * the coefficient--I am not sure anyone has determined the coefficient for the new cars. The only thing you can change is wheel size, which changes the coefficient. The energy apps shows range based on recent driving behavior, but so far, we don't have that yet in the new FW.
I believe if you go based on EPA numbers the LR with 19" wheels is rated at 272 Wh/mile city / 292 Wh/mile highway and 281 Wh/mile combined. So in theory the coefficient should be ~281 Wh/mile.

I believe if you go based on EPA numbers the LR with 19" wheels is rated at 272 Wh/mile city / 292 Wh/mile highway and 281 Wh/mile combined. So in theory the coefficient should be ~281 Wh/mile.

Our new Model S LR 19” are pretty efficient!!

B870DB4D-C152-4595-A1A9-1D4BE27E2C6F.jpeg

True if just cruising. But Chill mode can save oneself from doing hard accelerations every now and then, which will consume more energy if in Sport or Plaid mode than Chill given the same amount of foot heaviness.
I said, it all depends on how heavy your foot is. If you mash the throttle down when you start out, then chill will save you energy. If you are judicious in the use of your right foot, chill will NOT save any energy over sport, insane, ludicrous or plaid mode.

I said, it all depends on how heavy your foot is. If you mash the throttle down when you start out, then chill will save you energy. If you are judicious in the use of your right foot, chill will NOT save any energy over sport, insane, ludicrous or plaid mode.
all you Plaid 🦚 🦚 🦚 may want to use Chill mode during your "7 day watch" period or you will never get in to the FSD Beta program 😅😆

Last edited:
@dewski said the SC thinks it's the right front wheel speed sensor.

And in a true /facepalm moment, I replied with a post that explained what a wheel speed sensor does, but didn't tell him it was an extremely easy fix!

If that's all it is (and the codes his car threw do make sense for that being the issue), it's a 30 minute fix, tops. Assuming they have the part, of course.
Totally. I’ll just be disappointed to hear “we didn’t have the part” after looking at it for the first time tomorrow when I’m supposed to get it back before my PPF appointment on Monday.

What is the “good” range and what range should we be concerned about? Thanks!
@GrnSqrl For example, a LR w/19" tires has an EPA range of 405 miles at 100%. So, if you have an LR with 19" wheels and charge to, say 80%, you should see about 324 miles on the display (.8*405) when you are set to display miles (instead of percentage SoC)

all you Plaid 🦚 🦚 🦚 may want to use Chill mode during you "7 day watch" period or you will never get in to the FSD Beta program 😅😆
Well, that brings a question to mind, since Tesla has access to all of the driving history.... If the button goes "live" tomorrow, and we "Request" the beta firmware via the new button, does the seven days start at button click (meaning no one will see a download for at least seven more days), or seven days prior to the "request"? I would think the system looks at your past seven days of driving, from the point in time when you request the update, via this new "button". Makes more sense if that were the case. So, I started driving better a week ago.... ;)

@GrnSqrl For example, a LR w/19" tires has an EPA range of 405 miles at 100%. So, if you have an LR with 19" wheels and charge to, say 80%, you should see about 324 miles on the display (.8*405) when you are set to display miles (instead of percentage SoC)
Ha ha. Didn’t realize it was that simple. Thanks. 🤦. And I AM a math major. Lol.

What is the “good” range and what range should we be concerned about? Thanks!
Degradation varies. But missing hundred of miles of range like @WilliamG and @BobbyRitz have is worrisome. For example, BobbyRitz at 95% should have roughly 350 miles (based upon Tesla estimation of 375 with 21" wheels). So missing ~150 miles.

. If the button goes "live" tomorrow, and we "Request" the beta firmware via the new button, does the seven days start at button click (meaning no one will see a download for at least seven more days), or seven days prior to the "request"?
Elon said that the data collection doesn't start until you approve the access. So the 7-days of monitoring start after you click the button to request the FSD beta.

Agree, although IIRC, in the past, there has been some delta between the official EPA numbers and what the car seems to use.