Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For you Plaid owners with 19's, if you HAD to pay the extra for the 21's would that have been a dealbreaker?
Not a plaid owner (or any owner, LR reservation holder), but I will chime in. Initially, when I assumed the 19" wheels would come with AS tires guaranteed, it would have been a deal killer. Now that it seems luck of the draw if you get AS or summer + the 21"s have amazing reported road noise + comfort, I would take an offered car with 21" wheels and pay the $4500.

Sep 26, 2020. If I can manage a self pickup it'll be exactly one year.
Oh ok, I ordered January 28, 2021 so Iā€™m glad I donā€™t have to be angry. šŸ˜‡
1632415089117.gif

I asked Alset, my PPF installer if they
had noticed any imperfections after having more time with the car.
Paint, panel gaps, interior...

I was thrilled with their response:
Nothing crazy so far, or at least nothing we haven't been able to correct really easy.
Out of all the S plaids we've had down here, yours is definitely in the best shape.

They sent me a few photos of the work in progress. The PPF is already installed on the hood. They will be giving me a video of the installation when I pick it up next week. I will put the video on YouTube and post a link here.
View attachment 712931View attachment 712932View attachment 712933View attachment 712934View attachment 712935
Great communication from Alset.
More PPF install photos just texted to me with this comment:
ā€œPassenger side doors are done! It's soooo glossā€
2AB0BA1A-37B8-4882-9AA8-7B4AD4291351.jpeg
EF944ED4-4246-4303-8878-85FD901253D7.jpeg
AF1211E0-5862-4D5D-9CCD-68DD4B87324F.jpeg

Congrats! When did you order? Trying to decide if I should be upset about someone getting white seats before me. šŸ˜‚

It's actually a good sign they are going by order date priority, and it's a sign things are actually progressing for the white int/CF/19" folks like you and I. I'm 10 months into my order and no VIN yet, but this is helpful; I might be in ballpark this quarter end. Current EDD is Sept 23-30. Plaid blue, white int., CF,19",FSD 1142

The miles remaining displayed in the IC is based on a fixed efficiency coefficient for the car, so it is derived from the remaining kWh in the pack * the coefficient--I am not sure anyone has determined the coefficient for the new cars. The only thing you can change is wheel size, which changes the coefficient. The energy apps shows range based on recent driving behavior, but so far, we don't have that yet in the new FW.
ah that's what I was thinking was the energy app showing projected miles.

True if just cruising. But Chill mode can save oneself from doing hard accelerations every now and then, which will consume more energy if in Sport or Plaid mode than Chill given the same amount of foot heaviness.
Agreed. I drive in chill mode and see a significant reduction in energy usage which has more to do with me not being able to accelerate hard in spite of having a heavy foot

Well, that brings a question to mind, since Tesla has access to all of the driving history.... If the button goes "live" tomorrow, and we "Request" the beta firmware via the new button, does the seven days start at button click (meaning no one will see a download for at least seven more days), or seven days prior to the "request"? I would think the system looks at your past seven days of driving, from the point in time when you request the update, via this new "button". Makes more sense if that were the case. So, I started driving better a week ago.... ;)

Elon said that the data collection doesn't start until you approve the access. So the 7-days of monitoring start after you click the button to request the FSD beta.

And just to expand a bit on what MP3Mike said...

Elon also posted a Tweet explaining that the software that will be evaluating whether or not you're a safe enough driver to get the Beta FSD will show you a "scoreboard," so you'll always be able to tell how good of a driver the software thinks you are.

It's cheating, really... showing you how you're doing on the test along the way. But I'll leave my opinion out of this, as in spite of my feelings on the issue, I *will* in fact, be watching my "score" along the way. ;)

You're laughing but that's actually a great idea! Now let's see if we even get "the button" any time soon (supposed to be tomorrow, I'll believe it when I see it..)
In true Elon fashion, there's confusion as to the actual date. It was early on Friday when he posted the "week from Friday" Tweet for the button's arrival. So it could either mean tomorrow or a week from tomorrow.

So now there are two groups... one group thinks it'll be tomorrow, one a week from tomorrow. I'm in the latter group. But then again, I've been married for 27 years. In other words, I've been wrong for 27 years. So it'll show up tomorrow.

Last edited: