Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be... As I said, it's just not clear what seven day window will be run through the Tesla insurance algorithm. "Time will tell...."
He did actually clarify this later.... After you push the "Please give me the Beta Button," you'll have to accept a bunch of legalese, telling you that you're about to download software that is going to monitor your driving.

You'll be able to watch the software grade your driving during the seven day window, showing you whether you are currently "Passing" or "Failing." At the end of the seven days, it is assumed at this point that everyone with a "Pass" will get the Beta, but that hasn't been completely clarified yet; they may only expand beta access by a certain number of users.

Help!

My EDD keeps vacillating between within a week of any given day to November at a ridiculous frequency.

I’ve been leaning to defer on the slim chance the taillights will miraculously be brought up to current decade styling. At least on par with every other friggin‘ Tesla. Or until it becomes a 2022.

But now that I’ve almost sold my S, I am starting my own harmonics. Do I just get the damn thing after quarter end?

Plaid/MSM/White/CF/21/FSD

In true Elon fashion, there's confusion as to the actual date. It was early on Saturday when he posted the "week from Friday" Tweet for the button's arrival. So it could either mean tomorrow or a week from tomorrow.
No, he posted it late Thursday the 16th:

1632420399000.png

Of course depending on your time zone it could have been in the very early morning of Friday. But in no case was it on Saturday for anyone that would be getting it.

Last edited:
No, he posted it late Thursday the 16th:

View attachment 713186

Of course depending on your time zone it could have been in the very early morning of Friday. But in no case was it on Saturday.
Bah, I typed Saturday when I meant to type Friday.

Thanks for catching that! I wonder if it's too late to go edit my post...

Edit: Post fixed!

Oh shoot! I just got updated backwards. From before the end of the Quarter to the middle of the next when they start shipping in CA again. See Sig for bad news.
Me too! Sucks to be on West coast, I guess. Maybe we'll get a "N" in VIN (a 2022)?! 🤞
@MarcG Congrats, she is a dream. Can I just have you pick up my car (whenever the hell it gets here) and do all these XPEL, wheels, tint...things to it?? Oh, I too noticed the beautifully staged shots!
Btw, you'll now have to split the cost of my XPEL Ulti+ Stealth wrap with @HFh now.

I'm really really thinking of going Stealth PPF on my red LR. It doesn't seem too common around here, but I think it looks pretty bad ass.
Just Googled red stealth PPF and I like, never saw that before. I saw a MY with stealth MSM/grey and did not like how it looked at all but the MS looks... as you said... pretty bad ass.

Does anyone know if your order doesn't start getting worked on until you finalize the payment in your account? I'm still pondering lease vs buy... I've finished all the other steps.
rumor is its best to choose cash for now and once you actually get assigned a car decide whether to choose lease or finance (tesla or 3rd party). No idea if that makes a difference in reality or not though.

It is an investment. Think of the net thousands of dollars you will save annually in gas and maintenance. The federal EV credit would have been nice, but remember to check with your state and electric provider to see what rebates/credits are available. Most importantly, ENJOY THE CAR! It doesn't make sense to have the woulda, shoulda conversation--it takes away from your enjoyment. 👍
And don't forget "the daily dividends of driving pleasure":)